IGNORED

Logical....

ThreeWordCityNerd

to think we only got about 7k in 1995/96. The red few!

interesting how their has been such an incremental rise against performance this season  but a lot of people were pretty upset. If we could actually challenge for promotion next season could we average 22k or more? is there that much demand for success?

4 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

interesting how their has been such an incremental rise against performance this season  but a lot of people were pretty upset. If we could actually challenge for promotion next season could we average 22k or more? is there that much demand for success?

In the mid to late 80's we only got 6-7k. ;-) 

Exciting times . The best thing for me is the huge numbers of older teenagers there week after week now . They're the fans of the future and the ones who will create atmosphere at games . Considering our form for much of the year our crowds have been a incredible and this has to be down to the quality of the match day experience now in the "new" stadium . 

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

I remember when Scott Davidson took over he was trying to get crowds up to over 9k

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think for 1 season in 83 to 84 it was a lot less than that I was there many times in the old 4th div when it was only about 4 thousand.

Plus the other 3 thousand they forgot to put on. It used to be a standing joke when the attendance was read out. I was a mascot in 83 and the attendance wasn't great that day, not surprising as we were bottom of division 4 but I look on at those dark days with great memories.

2 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

If you watch the highlights video of that time that was recently posted, it brings back bad memories.

A sparsely populated Dolman and Williams and a handful of Bury fans in the eastend.

Considering football was on the up, it wasnt good

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

If you watch the highlights video of that time that was recently posted, it brings back bad memories.

A sparsely populated Dolman and Williams and a handful of Bury fans in the eastend.

Considering football was on the up, it wasnt good

I quite enjoyed it, Tc's free transfers and young kids did a great job. One of greatest memories was when we beat the Gas 2-1 at Eastville. You had a feeling that from then on we were back from the doldrums and we're to compete again. Of which of course we did. Who would of thought back then that we now haven't had a local league derby for nearly 20 years. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I think for 1 season in 83 to 84 it was a lot less than that I was there many times in the old 4th div when it was only about 4 thousand.

The good old days - loved those times - we were so shocking but had a lot of fun in the terraces - having that much room around always helped !!

Base support and support that comes from success.

Base support: When things are good, they are happy. When things are bad, they bitch and moan or act with silent resolution. Come rain or shine, they are there.

Support that comes from success: When things are good, they are happy. When things are bad, they bitch and moan or act with silent resolution. When it rains, they stay at home.

12 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Base support and support that comes from success.

Base support: When things are good, they are happy. When things are bad, they bitch and moan or act with silent resolution. Come rain or shine, they are there.

Support that comes from success: When things are good, they are happy. When things are bad, they bitch and moan or act with silent resolution. When it rains, they stay at home.

I always knew that I was very basic!

18 hours ago, pillred said:

Ahhh the good old days, when no matter where you were in the ground, you could hear Tony Harling belting out "Come On You Reds" from the Grandstand!!

25 minutes ago, elruli said:

I used to sit near him with my grandad who unfortunately died last year. It was quite a weird experience for a 10 year old. He would suddenly go into song and would make you jump, lovely bloke though and mad as a box of frogs. 

To be given a wide berth if you saw him outside an away ground though. A few times we`d be trying to sneak around to the away end sans colours and he`d spot you and shout out `hello lads, we going to win today?` or something. Got good kickings at Burnley, Lincoln and Grimsby as a result! Course, TH never got touched!

Archived