IGNORED

The Official Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

phantom

Watched the game in the pub with 8 mates who are all regular attending supporters of other clubs (and know what they are talking about). 

Universal agreement in just how brilliant we were and a huge amount of respect for ruining Brighton's day. Just got to keep this and learn from it for next season. 

Lee Johnson has delivered the best win of his career as his young, tenacious team deservedly won at the home of the Champions elect.

Defensively, we were near perfect today, with Aiden Flint in superb form and two strong banks of four that left nothing on the pitch.

Against all the odds we were absolutely magnificent.

Right now I'm so proud to be a fan of Bristol City - and I'm sure you all feel the same way.

Just now, TheCulturalBomb said:

Now next season keep this form going the WHOLE season please.

agreed.

Start of the season we were fantastic, end of the season pretty much so. If we can do it all season we'll be looking to challenge at the top!

Looking at another positive, sounds like LJ has done all he can to impress PL teams about how we will treat their players, and be well placed for further good loans next season...

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hi H , good work again.

Well done to Brighton for their season and promotion.

A good club run by good people , they deserve their chance in the Prem.

Today you can let your hair down , have a party and we'll take care of the three points for you, it's only right .

I  predict a City win . I know you all think it's mad but I just have a funny feeling that we'll bomb their party like your parents arriving home too early when you were a teenager . 

:grr:

Yes , I was a teenager once .

Go City , make us proud .

I once had to dive out the window  whilst still getting dressed when her parents returned home early (lucky it was ground floor) when I knocked on the door and asked if her daughter was in, her mother said oh you're lucky we have just got in

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Glad you stayed up despite who your head coach is, I enjoy a trip to Bristol, happy we've finished above ya though 

Looks like you were bitter about LJ all along then. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

Looking at another positive, sounds like LJ has done all he can to impress PL teams about how we will treat their players, and be well placed for further good loans next season...

I think, when Premier League teams look at how far Tammy has come, we will be a more favourable place to loan their developing players. 

Tammy....thanks for everything..... Please tell your Prem mates about coming to join you next season :shifty:

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Fantastic effort fellas.....

I'm wondering why it took so long for Lee to twig it wasn't happening with Tomlin..

In fairness to LJ, there's some on here that still haven't twigged it, and think he should be in the squad :laugh:

Superb result and been an excellent run in to the end of the season.

Now 3 teams sweating it going into the final game and we could be helping two of them with a win.

9 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

BBC radio putting it down to Brighton being sub par. So predictable.

Lot of Brighton fans left after the whistle and empty seats for lap of honour. If we were in their position and final game to celebrate promotion I would be disappointed to see that

Archived