IGNORED

The Official Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

phantom

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've always had a lot of time for Hughton, but he let himself down tonight.  "There was only one team likely to score and that was us".  WTF?  And after Lee had given Brighton such credit.  Very disappointing.

They decided they had won the game before it started, so he failed to do his job properly and I suspect he knew it. If you disrespect your opponent you deserve to come a cropper. And their 'chances' consisted mainly of harmless shots from outside the box.

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

You're safe . U think u will struggle next season 

Massively we can't afford to compete at this level, we've only done well this season because we had two seasons developing the players we had, I knew we'd do well this season next season is a different kettle of fish we're for a season of struggle in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Can't stick the bloke, never made a secret of that. 

So if LJ comes sniffing around some of your better players during the summer and City finishes above you guys next season with LJ still in charge, you'll be a little miffed?

:shifty:

I'm exhausted. Never saw that coming in a million years! But to their credit all the Brighton fans after the game couldn't wait to tell us we played well and good luck next year, their fans were really gracious.

6 minutes ago, Rascal said:

No I'll be proper pissed off 

I'm looking forward to the rant this time next year then :yes:

I hope you guys beat the Geordies next week :fingerscrossed:

13 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Massively we can't afford to compete at this level, we've only done well this season because we had two seasons developing the players we had, I knew we'd do well this season next season is a different kettle of fish we're for a season of struggle in my opinion 

I like your honesty and hope you're wrong .

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm exhausted. Never saw that coming in a million years! But to their credit all the Brighton fans after the game couldn't wait to tell us we played well and good luck next year, their fans were really gracious.

Shame their manager couldn't be the same. I have usually found him dignified but he went down in my estimation today.

Well that was good as it gets.

For a game that we had so little of the ball even in my most pessimistic mood they never looked like scoring.

The whole team worked there asses off and the shape that was kept was fantastic.

Great performance without the ball.

Brownhill, some on here have doubted him in his will to tackle.

I put a small report on here after the Granada pre season game. He won a 40/60 challenge that night put his foot in where it hurts, and looked a really tidy player. so really pleased for him to notch the winner.

Against the team with the best home record in the division **** the result, that was  some display.

Johnson? I wanted him gone and I know some will never change there minds but surly most would give him the first 10/15 games next season?

Just now, chinapig said:

Shame their manager couldn't be the same. I have usually found him dignified but he went down in my estimation today.

I've been at the ground and travelling since, on a train nr Gatwick now, so haven't seen any of that.

A player came out and said that one of their players had told him they had everything set to parade the trophy including the order the players were going up to receive it. Everyone thought that to be a bit cocky

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Well that was good as it gets.

For a game that we had so little of the ball even in my most pessimistic mood they never looked like scoring.

The whole team worked there asses off and the shape that was kept was fantastic.

Great performance without the ball.

Brownhill, some on here have doubted him in his will to tackle.

I put a small report on here after the Granada pre season game. He won a 40/60 challenge that night put his foot in where it hurts, and looked a really tidy player. so really pleased for him to notch the winner.

Against the team with the best home record in the division **** the result, that was  some display.

Johnson? I wanted him gone and I know some will never change there minds but surly most would give him the first 10/15 games next season?

Johnson out!!! Spent millions, can't work with talented players just like his old man ( who did have success at a lower level and I wish him all the best). Leeds,Huddersfield and Brighton all have done extremely well this year when it wasn't expected. We've basically been shit. Johnson out !!!!

Just now, The goal is that way said:

Johnson out!!! Spent millions, can't work with talented players just like his old man ( who did have success at a lower level and I wish him all the best). Leeds,Huddersfield and Brighton all have done extremely well this year when it wasn't expected. We've basically been shit. Johnson out !!!!

Blimey.

Just enjoy today mate.

I just want to , modestly , Add that I predicted à City win and even didn't put any money on it at the bookies .

A huge well done to the Red Army for their amazing support this year despite the shit served up at times . This day was your day . 

:clap:

Secondly well done to the City ' warriors who harried , hustled and ran all match . I love you all .

Thirdly , Well done LJ and the coaching team. You little monkeys, you made us sweat . 

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Always seem a decent bunch, when I've met them.

They're ok same as most of the rest.

Good chat with a few on the train.

Was bloody hilarious though after all the flags and streamers, talk about a damp squib for them.

I've almost lost my voice though, great away game to see off the season!

now let's smash Brum!

Just now, RumRed said:

They're ok same as most of the rest.

Good chat with a few on the train.

Was bloody hilarious though after all the flags and streamers, talk about a damp squib for them.

I've almost lost my voice though, great away game to see off the season!

now let's smash Brum!

Don't say that too loudly in Brighton.....they may misconstrue your innocent badinage.

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yeah the Brighton fans we saw were all gracious and couldn't praise us enough. The whole day couldn't have gone any better. 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've always had a lot of time for Hughton, but he let himself down tonight.  "There was only one team likely to score and that was us".  WTF?  And after Lee had given Brighton such credit.  Very disappointing.

Bit of a Kevin Keegan moment that.

When the dust settles, while I'm hugely thankful for having avoided the drop I can't help imagining an alternative universe where we kick on from our Oct 1 win over Forest and push for the playoffs.

We've showed since mid-March (barring the Brentford and PNE fiascos) thatbwe can hold our own on this division. Struggling to fathom why we embarked on that truly wretched run.

Not convinced LJ is the man but he's kept us up twice now against the odds so can't fault that. Let's just hope we don't struggle again next season - as Sunderland show, perennial strugglers eventually succumb.

2 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

When the dust settles, while I'm hugely thankful for having avoided the drop I can't help imagining an alternative universe where we kick on from our Oct 1 win over Forest and push for the playoffs.

We've showed since mid-March (barring the Brentford and PNE fiascos) thatbwe can hold our own on this division. Struggling to fathom why we embarked on that truly wretched run.

Not convinced LJ is the man but he's kept us up twice now against the odds so can't fault that. Let's just hope we don't struggle again next season - as Sunderland show, perennial strugglers eventually succumb.

A dodgy thing to say maybe, but  I think maybe that run was down to just one of those weird things in football. Most people in football, away from the fans here seem to think that LJ has something going forward. Give him time and maybe we will end up being one of those cases that others point to. Stick with, be patient and it can pay dividends

2 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I agree, but it will be a bright new season, who knows.

Last year Reading finished on the same points as we did, and Huddersfield and Fulham below us. Agree we need to push on, but at least we can dream afresh.

Archived