IGNORED

Steve and John lansdown

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how they plan on insulting the fans today...

To paraphrase:
You can insult all the fans some of the time, and some of the fans all the time, but you cannot insult all the fans all the time.

Do you want to be insulted today?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can you give an example of when we've been insulted by the Lansdowns?    :dunno:

When he belittled us fans for not spending as much cash as he has would be one. I have the greatest respect for the man but he is a custodian of this club.

7 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

When they appointed little lee instead of a proper manager who would of kicked on this season with his 19 new signings

So if one decision you didn't like is an insult to the fans then what is building a £40m stadium, an investment in the infrastructure that will outlive Lansdown? Whilst also continuously funding your favourite football team, this season more than ever?

Or is it just a one way street?

8 minutes ago, elruli said:

When he belittled us fans for not spending as much cash as he has would be one. I have the greatest respect for the man but he is a custodian of this club.

I didn't see that comment as an insult. It's a simple fact, even if it was a little inadvisable.  As was pointed out on here at the time his financial muscle compared to us ordinarily supporters is relative.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

So if one decision you didn't like is an insult to the fans then what is building a £40m stadium, an investment in the infrastructure that will outlive Lansdown? Whilst also continuously funding your favourite football team, this season more than ever?

Or is it just a one way street?

This will cause a row but here goes,40million to Lansdown these days is a drop in the ocean,his jet cost 54million .the guy is pissing money .the budget 2 years ago he made 130 million in one day

15 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

When they appointed little lee instead of a proper manager who would of kicked on this season with his 19 new signings

Tired and lazy criticism. It seems to be almost assumed that a "proper manager" would have done better, whatever that actually means. There are no guarantees.

This forum broadly supported Steve Coppell's arrival. How did that work out?

This forum broadly supported Derek McInnes appointment. How did that work out?

This forum broadly supported SOD's appointment. How did that work out?

Virtually no one on the forum wanted Steve Cotterill here. How did that work out?

It is very hard to predict how a managerial appointment will work out. Past success is no guarantee of future success and past failure doesn't mean a manager cannot go on to do well. There is always an element of unknown and there are never any guarantees. A shame more people aren't willing to recognise this.

3 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

This will cause a row but here goes,40million to Lansdown these days is a drop in the ocean,his jet cost 54million .the guy is pissing money .the budget 2 years ago he made 130 million in one day

He didn't have to invest that kind of money into the club though did he?! 

What about the rest of the cash he has invested in City, players, wages along with infrastructure and everything else? Its astronomical

I wonder if he didn't invest big wads of cash that you'd be criticising him for not doing enough being as he is a billionaire

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

So it doesn't count then because it's not that much money to him? Doesn't answer my question. You're insulted by one decision but refuse to acknowledge to good stuff.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

He didn't have to invest that kind of money into the club though did he?! 

What about the rest of the cash he has invested in City, players, wages along with infrastructure and everything else? Its astronomical

To us yes .to him no don't get me wrong I like the guy but we have got to make a choice do we want to play with the big boys or just be happy EVERY YEAR to be above the gas .when Tammy gone back we are back to a squad of very average players

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

To us yes .to him no don't get me wrong I like the guy but we have got to make a choice do we want to play with the big boys or just be happy EVERY YEAR to be above the gas .when Tammy gone back we are back to a squad of very average players

Well lets at least wait to see what happens in the summer before being judge, jury and executioner on what the club does.

I disagree though, I thought the figure he has invested was around £150 million+ maybe even beyond. Even if he recoups this, thats still a sizeable chunk in my view even for Lansdown.

Archived