IGNORED

Steve and John lansdown

Red Army 75

19 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

I know Peg, and agree with your sentiment. However, and I don't wish to be disrespectful to JL as I know nothing about him, but does he have his father's smarts? We're talking about a person who has ended up in the top 1000 richest people in the world through his own endeavours.

if he was half as good as his dad at making money he would be on the board of hargreves landsdown not twidling his thumps at ashton gate

12 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

At this rate they'll be interviewing the groundsman from the croquet club before they get to the Lansdowns!

So we've had a rugger quiz, golf and basketball interviews and now Fleetwood Mac...

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELF 20P!

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If he did present himself in that way maybe it was a reaction to the ridiculous amount of criticism and ungratefulness shown by some of the fans. You know the ones, they are the ones who think that if they had his money, they would also have the magic bullet that identifies exactly the right people and decisions required to become the new Bayern Munich or a similar club. 

I am in no way looking for a fight here, I expressed my thoughts and opinion on how I heard his last interview. 

We all dream of having the kind of money where we can own and take the team we support to the highest reaches of the sport. For most of us dreams and fantasies are where that stays. I certainly don't imagine for a moment that I would be able to do any better than the current incumbent and the only lessons learnt are from the hindsight of mistakes made. 

I do however believe I should be able to voice an opinion of comments made about me as a supporter and longtime season ticket holder if I think they were out of order. I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. I don't look at myself as some kind of superfan, far from it. 

What a wet lettuce of an interview. Did I really wait through boring interviews and music for five minutes of 'yeah Bristol City are respected and we don't need trophies for that'. So basically we're content to be the nice guy at the bar that never pulls but at least he says hello to everyone.

I reckon it must have been deliberately placid and restrained as an attempt by RB and GT to 'make up' for the deserved mauling a few weeks ago

3 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

I am in no way looking for a fight here, I expressed my thoughts and opinion on how I heard his last interview. 

We all dream of having the kind of money where we can own and take the team we support to the highest reaches of the sport. For most of us dreams and fantasies are where that stays. I certainly don't imagine for a moment that I would be able to do any better than the current incumbent and the only lessons learnt are from the hindsight of mistakes made. 

I do however believe I should be able to voice an opinion of comments made about me as a supporter and longtime season ticket holder if I think they were out of order. I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. I don't look at myself as some kind of superfan, far from it. 

No fighting here, I wasn't pointing any fingers at you. 

My feeling is that in 50 years of watching the club, there have only been 3 people who actually put their money on the line, rather than just talking a good plan. Harry Dolman supported his man for 8 seasons to get us into division 1 and put the last major ground development in place. Scott Davidson did what he could although he never really had the same kind of money behind him and now Steve Lansdown, who has funded the biggest structural change since the ground was first built, and taken on a lot of the clubs debt himself. Added to that, he and his son do seem genuine fans and I don't remember either of them asking for anything back.
The rest have been shysters, liars, asset strippers or plain delusional! I have to wonder where we would find someone with the same financial clout and love of the club to replace them, although seeing the posts from certain quarters, there is apparently a queue of them waiting outside the door.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

My feeling is that in 50 years of watching the club, there have only been 3 people who actually put their money on the line, rather than just talking a good plan. Harry Dolman supported his man for 8 seasons to get us into division 1 and put the last major ground development in place. Scott Davidson did what he could although he never really had the same kind of money behind him and now Steve Lansdown, who has funded the biggest structural change since the ground was first built, and taken on a lot of the clubs debt himself. Added to that, he and his son do seem genuine fans and I don't remember either of them asking for anything back.
The rest have been shysters, liars, asset strippers or plain delusional! I have to wonder where we would find someone with the same financial clout and love of the club to replace them, although seeing the posts from certain quarters, there is apparently a queue of them waiting outside the door.

and David Russe wins the award for being the absolute worst. Considering the amount of money he had to spend (about 35 pence) Russel Osman worked a miracle

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

PSR perhaps I misread your original reply as a bit of a dig, apologies if I did. Your points above are completely valid and I agree with them if not completely then certainly the main points made. I want SL to succeed, if he does then Bristol City and sport in Bristol will be in a much better and stronger position. Maybe we are all a bit sensitive when things aren't going the way we want them too.

31 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

What a wet lettuce of an interview. Did I really wait through boring interviews and music for five minutes of 'yeah Bristol City are respected and we don't need trophies for that'. So basically we're content to be the nice guy at the bar that never pulls but at least he says hello to everyone.

I reckon it must have been deliberately placid and restrained as an attempt by RB and GT to 'make up' for the deserved mauling a few weeks ago

We are 'Norm'.

1 hour ago, JustinCider said:

Taking everything into consideration, I have greater concerns about what might happen when SL's gone rather than what might happen whilst he's here.

Me too. Primarily because SL has never come clean about what financial state he'll leave us in. 

Debt free should be the minimum. 

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Wait and see what happens to Newcastle first and if it's only a fine,then go to town on top players we have heard of just like he's doing with his new love bristol rugby

That's not going to happen.  It's practically the opposite of what SL wants to do, and one of the reasons SC was sacked 

Archived