IGNORED

Huddersfield

E.G.Red

49 minutes ago, Red said:

So what reason would they give not to play their full strength team available, Or am i missing something.

24    Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches 

24.1    Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit. 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#GM1ytVBcsIKL4dAq.99

How do you define a full strength team?  Impossible.

Huddersfield

• 13Coleman
  • 2Smith
  • 5HudsonSubstituted forMooyat 67'minutes
  • 14Cranie
  • 12Holmes-DennisBooked at 32minsSubstituted forWellsat 45'minutes
  • 4Whitehead
  • 8Billing
  • 18Lolley
  • 16Payne
  • 11BunnSubstituted forScannellat 67'minutes
  • 23QuanerBooked at 57mins

Substitutes

• 1Ward
  • 6Hogg
  • 7Scannell
  • 10Mooy
  • 21Wells
  • 26Schindler
  • 46Booty
It's a squad game these days.  Not exactly a team of debutants is it?  

Johnson picked a weak team for several months :P

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How do you define a full strength team?  Impossible.

Huddersfield

• 13Coleman
  • 2Smith
  • 5HudsonSubstituted forMooyat 67'minutes
  • 14Cranie
  • 12Holmes-DennisBooked at 32minsSubstituted forWellsat 45'minutes
  • 4Whitehead
  • 8Billing
  • 18Lolley
  • 16Payne
  • 11BunnSubstituted forScannellat 67'minutes
  • 23QuanerBooked at 57mins

Substitutes

• 1Ward
  • 6Hogg
  • 7Scannell
  • 10Mooy
  • 21Wells
  • 26Schindler
  • 46Booty
It's a squad game these days.  Not exactly a team of debutants is it?  

Johnson picked a weak team for several months :P

Do you think that 11 will start in their first play off game?

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Do you think that 11 will start in their first play off game?

Nope.  That's not the point.  You don't pick the same eleven for 46 games do you!  Who knows.  Couple of players carrying knocks.

This is professional sport with £100m on the table.  I'd rest all 11 to play my strongest team in the play-offs.  You look after yourself, don't care about anyone else.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Nope.  That's not the point.  You don't pick the same eleven for 46 games do you!  Who knows.  Couple of players carrying knocks.

This is professional sport with £100m on the table.  I'd rest all 11 to play my strongest team in the play-offs.  You look after yourself, don't care about anyone else.

And lose all momentum which is what wins you the play offs?

if we got to the last 2 games with a play off place cemented and we fielded a completely different 11 with rested players I'd be ******* angry. 

Tennis players play 3 hour matches every 2/3 days in a tournament. Basketball players play a game every 2/3 games. You never hear of players in that sport, or even Rugby, ever needing a rest. 

Footballers have a minimum of one day off a week (Wednesdays) for the whole season. The only time they need a rest is normally when they're losing games (convenient). 

Sounds like Villa were just as shameful today

From a Blackburn fab

That was the most embarrassing game of football I have ever seen at Ewood. By the end of the first half, it seemed the only way we would score/win would be if the ref gave us something or Villa did. Both duly obliged. The ref was extremely favourable for us today. And Villa, it was obvious, were on the beach and in sympathy with their excellent fans who desperately wanted their side to lose. How many times did a Villa player aimlessly kick in to touch, half-heartedly make attempts on goal (apart from one good long range effort in the first half), give up on promising attacks, be second best to the second ball and generally play at 70%? And yet still we couldn’t make any coherent effort on goal. So it was nice when Baker obligingly passed out of defence to Lowe who surprisingly didn’t pass sideways but made a nice through ball for Graham to neatly finish. Cue us sitting back to hang on for 1-0 and Villa going through the motions to muster few attempts (if any?) on goal.

Don’t think Brentford will be so obliging.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

And lose all momentum which is what wins you the play offs?

if we got to the last 2 games with a play off place cemented and we fielded a completely different 11 with rested players I'd be ******* angry. 

Tennis players play 3 hour matches every 2/3 days in a tournament. Basketball players play a game every 2/3 games. You never hear of players in that sport, or even Rugby, ever needing a rest. 

Footballers have a minimum of one day off a week (Wednesdays) for the whole season. The only time they need a rest is normally when they're losing games (convenient). 

Momentum - often quoted, but how factual? 

comparison to other sports - yeah, you're right, but footballers are namby-pamby these days and don't you think there something behind a 38 or 46 game gruelling season in this country, where every game is competitive (unlike other nation's leagues) that says any opportunity to keep players fresh is worth a decent consideration.  Tennis - is very different as not physically against another, plus some players take a whole tournament off.

no-one moaned that 4 of those starting eleven today started last Saturday.  They've just gone Easter and then Tuesday / Saturday.

A lot's being made of it but it wasn't a bad team they put out. More or less the same lineup that took Man City to a replay in the FA Cup.

And they've gone off the boil a bit anyway. They'd lost to us, Forest and Burton without scoring in the last couple of months, I'm not sure it would've made much of a difference.

Don't know what they've got against Blackburn, mind!

30 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

A lot's being made of it but it wasn't a bad team they put out. More or less the same lineup that took Man City to a replay in the FA Cup.

And they've gone off the boil a bit anyway. They'd lost to us, Forest and Burton without scoring in the last couple of months, I'm not sure it would've made much of a difference.

Don't know what they've got against Blackburn, mind!

In all honesty. Blackburn and Birmingham got lucky today... the oppo just couldn't give a shit. I've said it before, that night at Preston, somehow saved us.  Cheers Greg and co.

I LOVE FOOTBALL

4 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

I think Huddersfield should have played their normal team that has played all season .Think its called keeping it honest .Would have been ok had they been playing a mid table team . Just wrong I think

I like many, I think will be watching the P/Os and quite liking if they get Dicked home and away... sorry Huddersfield, you had a good season, but your manager is an arrogant****

1 hour ago, Mr Roper said:

I think Huddersfield should have played their normal team that has played all season .Think its called keeping it honest .Would have been ok had they been playing a mid table team . Just wrong I think

Well, they could have to play the 2nd leg away now. Hope it proves their undoing. 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sounds like Villa were just as shameful today

From a Blackburn fab

That was the most embarrassing game of football I have ever seen at Ewood. By the end of the first half, it seemed the only way we would score/win would be if the ref gave us something or Villa did. Both duly obliged. The ref was extremely favourable for us today. And Villa, it was obvious, were on the beach and in sympathy with their excellent fans who desperately wanted their side to lose. How many times did a Villa player aimlessly kick in to touch, half-heartedly make attempts on goal (apart from one good long range effort in the first half), give up on promising attacks, be second best to the second ball and generally play at 70%? And yet still we couldn’t make any coherent effort on goal. So it was nice when Baker obligingly passed out of defence to Lowe who surprisingly didn’t pass sideways but made a nice through ball for Graham to neatly finish. Cue us sitting back to hang on for 1-0 and Villa going through the motions to muster few attempts (if any?) on goal.

Don’t think Brentford will be so obliging.

Brentford Manager is a big Villa fan, don't think it will have any bearing though

Just been on Hudds forum to say how disgraceful it was making all those changes .Did get some stick but a few agree and thought it was wrong of the manager to select such a weakened team .I started a thread about it but one was already running where a lot of Hudds fans thought it was out of order too

37 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Each team has a moral duty to its own fans and to the other 23 clubs in the division to try to win every game.

It may not be against the rules to put out a second-string eleven but, like masturbating on aeroplanes, it is frowned upon.

I agree in principle. But if we were in their position I would expect us to do exactly the same - unless of course someone could guarantee no injuries/suspensions.

My own view is that they owe nothing other than what they think is in the best interests of their club.

It is harsh, but win enough points not to be in that lottery. Is LJ wrong to look at a few of our more fringe players in a big game v Birmingham, or do we owe it to the other teams to play our strongest 11? Ten changes does seem a bit excessive, but who knows what would have happened if he has put out a stronger team. They might have freewheeled through it. Maybe this lot wanted to show they were worth considering. They have hardly been all that in recent weeks whatever.

That was pretty much the same team which drew 0-0 with Man City so hardly a shocking side we put out. We were dreadful on the day though just like we were against you the other week with a strong side out 

As for momentum and the play offs, it is complete bollox. Each time we have gone up through the play offs we have gone in to it with no momentum. The times we've lost we went in to them flying

1 minute ago, skinner05 said:

That was pretty much the same team which drew 0-0 with Man City so hardly a shocking side we put out. We were dreadful on the day though just like we were against you the other week with a strong side out 

As for momentum and the play offs, it is complete bollox. Each time we have gone up through the play offs we have gone in to it with no momentum. The times we've lost we went in to them flying

Dont be hard on yourselves. You weren't dreadful against us , we were just far too good for you on the day. 

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Dont be hard on yourselves. You weren't dreadful against us , we were just far too good for you on the day. 

I thought you were fairly average too. The early injury rocked us and we never got going. Wiping our players out when they got clear was also an effective tactic thanks to a weak ref

3 hours ago, skinner05 said:

I thought you were fairly average too. The early injury rocked us and we never got going. Wiping our players out when they got clear was also an effective tactic thanks to a weak ref

We're not angels on a football pitch but we are nowhere near the worst, In fact I wish sometimes that we would do more "professional" fouls to stop sides carving us up. I did not see any "Wiping out" by us. You were well beaten on the night so don't gripe, just accept it. You're not ready for Premier yet so for your sake, have another good year in the Championship to consolidate.

I see the League have announced that Huddersfield face disciplinary action. Trouble is it won't do Forest or Blackburn any good. Probably a fine, should be points.

The story going around on Saturday at Brighton was that there was also a suggestion that they were playing a weakened team because they wanted to avoid Fulham in the semis. If true, that takes it to another level completely. 

Playing a youngster or a fringe player in a game with less pressure is something you might do any game in the season. But not 10 changes. And if it's true that was with one eye on not winning the game then I hope they get the book thrown at them. 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I see the League have announced that Huddersfield face disciplinary action. Trouble is it won't do Forest or Blackburn any good. Probably a fine, should be points.

The story going around on Saturday at Brighton was that there was also a suggestion that they were playing a weakened team because they wanted to avoid Fulham in the semis. If true, that takes it to another level completely. 

Playing a youngster or a fringe player in a game with less pressure is something you might do any game in the season. But not 10 changes. And if it's true that was with one eye on not winning the game then I hope they get the book thrown at them. 

And Huddersfield/Brum should be made to replay the game before next Sunday.  Saturday would be ideal...

Archived