IGNORED

Huddersfield

E.G.Red

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

Made 10 changes for the game against Birmingham. Is that really fair on the other teams at the bottom.  There should be a league rule that no moe than 6 players can be changed from one game to the next 

Will be interesting to see what the authorities have to say about it. Can't make that many change in the chekatrade trophy without getting fined. But no point having a squad if you can't use them I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Made 10 changes for the game against Birmingham. Is that really fair on the other teams at the bottom.  There should be a league rule that no moe than 6 players can be changed from one game to the next 

No it is not.

Equally, the only team they have to worry about is themselves.

All of us still involved at the bottom put ourself in to this random lottery. Team making changes to keep players fit for the play offs, playing kids to have a look at them in a nothing match for them, whatever. The cards have dealt us a hand where we have to play our last two matches against teams (most likely) with something to play for.

Only way to avoid this end of season lottery is to be safe by now.

You'd think that Huddersfield would want to finish the season as strongly as possible especially as 2nd leg home advantage is at stake plus teams tend to do better if they go into the Play Offs with a winning momentum. Sheffield Wednesday's GD is far superior as well whilst Reading are at home to Wigan.

Interesting move.

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You'd think that Huddersfield would want to finish the season as strongly as possible especially as 2nd leg home advantage is at stake plus teams tend to do better if they go into the Play Offs with a winning momentum. Sheffield Wednesday's GD is far superior as well whilst Reading are at home to Wigan.

Interesting move.

Indeed. 

I'd imagine the stats don't support resting a whole team at this stage. 

Yes, they have to look out for themselves and fair play to Wagner.

I don't agree or like it, totally unfair on other teams but it is down to the FA.

And the last thing I'd say. Teams have done this before for PO's and come unstuck, lost all momentum. I hope they get to the final, a good mate is From that way and is a bit bewildered as to how good they've been this year. Hope he gets a day out at Wembley but I'd be looking to avoid Fulham before the final.

52 minutes ago, cityexile said:

No it is not.

Equally, the only team they have to worry about is themselves.

All of us still involved at the bottom put ourself in to this random lottery. Team making changes to keep players fit for the play offs, playing kids to have a look at them in a nothing match for them, whatever. The cards have dealt us a hand where we have to play our last two matches against teams (most likely) with something to play for.

Only way to avoid this end of season lottery is to be safe by now.

What he said

47 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's not fair, but the rules need to cater for this sort of thing. 

If they don't, tough. 

Not what he said

34 minutes ago, daored said:

If we were in Huddersfield's position, would anybody complain if we played a 'weakened' team to keep players fresh for the two play off games? I certainly wouldn't 

What he said

i personally think you earn the right to do whatever you want to (as long as the rules allow).I haven't looked at their line-up in any detail, but it's not exactly a team of kids is it.

16 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Just lumped a few pennies on Hudds to win at 13/2. I expect a few changes at HT with Brum down to 10 and maximise on the extra man and Leeds losing. 

Can see this being a 2-1 win for Hudds.

Same here.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

They may not be breaking any rules, but seems incredibly poor sportsmanship, making 10 changes, totally disrespectful to the others fighting to avoid relegation. Hope the EFL look into it.

Maybe they will,... once they've finished their buffet and preceding meeting about which colour of grass to use next year. 

So what reason would they give not to play their full strength team available, Or am i missing something.

24    Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches 

24.1    Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit. 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#GM1ytVBcsIKL4dAq.99

Yea it's definitely against the rules to do what they did but they'll get a small fine. I can remember I think Luton or a team like that who made about 6 changes in the JPT(or whatever it's called now) and were fined something like 5k. Maybe more for a championship club and for more changes but they'll take a fine I'd imagine to stay fit and have a chance at millions 

Archived