IGNORED

Poll. Who is the best player at championship level for city in the last ten years

The Humble Realist

Most talented city player at championship level   

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 19:53, EnclosureSurge said:

Not quite sure why Murray is on there, apart from general fondness for his great contributions overall. He was past it in the Champ. His pace seem to disappear overnight. Obvs a great player overall, though.

Yeah I agree. I just tried to include players I thought people 'might' pick

In terms of ability it's close between Caulker/Abraham, I think I'd say Caulker slightly edged it. In terms of consistency of performing for City on a regular basis over the course of three seasons, I voted Albert.

Has to be Heaton for me. Hard to compare goalkeepers and outfield players but we've haven't had the same assurance from any goalkeeper before or since. And look at the man now: strong argument that he should be England's Number 1 and best goalie in the Prem this season.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Paul Hartley

Classy, classy midfielder even in the twilight of his career. Him and Marv were a great partnership in midfield.

Shame Bas Savage never lived up to his potential... could've been a world beater ;)

I voted for Hartley.  There's class players, and then there's Paul Hartley class players. He was magic. 

I've gone for Tammy, but in terms of on-the-ball skills and making the seemingly impossible possible Tomlin and indeed JET (why is he not on the list?) would top the list. 

Trouble is Tomlin and JET were/are either great or shite and too inconsistent to win such a poll.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I've gone for Tammy, but in terms of on-the-ball skills and making the seemingly impossible possible Tomlin and indeed JET (why is he not on the list?) would top the list. 

Trouble is Tomlin and JET were/are either great or shite and too inconsistent to win such a poll.

Well, for a start, JET never played for us in the championship.

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Well, for a start, JET never played for us in the championship.

I just read the "last 10 years" bit not the Championship qualifier. :blush:

Nonetheless,  JET has played at two other clubs at that level.

It's the word 'talented' that changes this for me. Undoubtedly Tammy then. Seeing where he was at the start of the season and now is a phenomenal change. A few more like that and there will be little stopping him. Tomlin close too. However if this question had any question of consistent performer, Tomlin wouldn't get close. Albert, Flinty and Heaton at the top then

Difficult,

Caulker was something special, for such a young lad at the time you could see how much he saved our season from relegation. 

Adomah was fantastic, but could go astray in games. I think the reason he is up there in the polls is the personal love in.

Abraham has been fantastic, still raw in areas of his game but has shown hell of a potential while playing in part of a poor team.

Personally, I'd go for Paul Hartley. You could see the experience he had on the pitch, and could of even played in the PL in that season with us. A true genius of a midfielder who we haven't replaced since. Was head and shoulders above the rest of the squad.

Archived