IGNORED

Poll. Who is the best player at championship level for city in the last ten years

The Humble Realist

Most talented city player at championship level   

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On his cameo at the end of last season Tomlin was for me one of the most gifted players I have seen for years.His touch,ability to take a ball out of the air and the way he went past players was an absolute joy to watch and his goals were a bit special as well.The one player that has been such a let down to himself and the fans this year though sadly.

I think Kodjia is being a little hard done by here. I think he could comfortably play in the premier league. Not sure Tammy is at that level yet. Kodjia had everything from a striker. He had pace and power. He could get in behind or beat a man on the ball. Good in the air and it seems his finishing has gotten better at Villa. I won't argue he's better than most on the list because I've only seen highlights of them but Kodjia is a standout in the championship right now 

55 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

To be fair the title of the thread says the "best" player in championship and then the poll says the "most talented" 

Different questions 

Championship still means championship though!

Kodjia for me.

Interesting how Bolasie seemed pretty ordinary during his spell with us (albeit with little game time) but has gone on to forge a decent career in the top league - arguably the most successful player (along with Heaton) in that list.

It's a shame looking at that list and thinking for a lot of them, what they could have achieved here if we had a better team. Maynard, that lad lived off scraps and still scored for us, and who can forget that goal against QPR.

People forget how frustrating Kodjia was at times. He scored a hatful but we built our team around him far more than we have around Tammy. Remember how many times he'd run into a dead end because he didn't look up, or would be offside because he wasn't tracking the line?

Don't get me wrong, he was unstoppable on his day and the way he drifted past players was amazing. I still don't think he knows how he does it, either. But he wasn't ready for the Premier League when he left us and I'll stick my neck on the line and say Tammy's career will go a lot higher a lot quicker.

Maynard, take away everything that happened between player and club off the pitch and focusing just on his playing ability for us he stands out. If today's valuations were the same as when he had his best season for us we'd be talking about a £15m transfer. Kodjia is as good a goalscorer but Maynard at his best had more to his all round game. 

2 hours ago, iamsober said:

haha you are funny!

Well @emersonred 's posts are much more interesting and insightful than your typical one word/one line offerings with an obvious rose tinted, the club can't do anything wrong perspective...you carry on lapping up mediocrity....others want more...and why not?!

And I don't believe your username is correct given your input...

Archived