IGNORED

That is why we need to keep Flint.

Super

10 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

I wish I could agree. Thought he was poor during most of the bad run, plus derby at home

Each to their own mate. Agree he's had a few poor games (as everyon has)  but overall think he's been a rock and an example to the rest of the team in terms of work rate and commitment

Just now, tommy32 said:

Each to their own mate. Agree he's had a few poor games (as everyon has)  but overall think he's been a rock and an example to the rest of the team in terms of work rate and commitment

Never doubted his commitment, in some games he seemed overly pumped up, which led to some poor decision making. 

I remember  after we beat Swindon 3-0 at home and Flinty had been knocked from pillar to post, I went on about how he was Norman Hunter, Shaun Taylor, Glenn Humpries and Louis Carey rolled into one. 

I won't do it again but you get my drift.

Sometimes a display like that from a centre half is as good as watching a perfect hat trick. 

I've worried about him at times this season not so much because he's done anything obviously wrong but because he was playing every minute in an at time woeful defence.

Clearly he isn't perfect. There can't be many centre backs in the world who are as strong as he is at the 'heading and kicking' but can also deal easily with small pacy strikers and intricate build up.

He'll always do a very good job for us in a settled defence with a solid partner alongside him and the character he adds to the team adds to his value to us. Hopefully we can keep hold of him.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Im not a massive fan of Flint in that I will say what I see, his award last year was a farce and his form this has not been great.

But todays performance was absolutely fantastic and well done to him. I wouldnt begrudge him a move to a bigger club for more £££

you got to be ******* joking find me a better centre back

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Im not a massive fan of Flint in that I will say what I see, his award last year was a farce and his form this has not been great.

But todays performance was absolutely fantastic and well done to him. I wouldnt begrudge him a move to a bigger club for more £££

Don't agree with that at all, his form second half of last season was superb

18 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

you got to be ******* joking find me a better centre back

He's very much a backs to the wall defender. One of the best at that. 

Where he falls down is playing it out of defense. Too much punting it up the pitch for me. 

Invaluable for us though. 

Well Major, there were also plenty on this little Forum who didn't rate Flint in Nov  and Dec and Jan. Come to think about it many of those were saying rather despicable things about Joe Bryan and even our manager

How wrong they all were on All accounts.

All done good, Flint my Player of the Season, always plays for Lj and will be well rewarded by the club for efforts.

All those watching today on TV will have seen all 14 playing for the shirt, the fans pretty good and Lj outsmarting the best manager in this league.

For those attending well done for getting the Lj songs going again and the bounce was great- must be music to our coach's ears

The guy is a man mountain and loves his football and would rather get his head kicked off then not win a header he wears his heart on his sleeve and in my opinion is the most loved CB since Shaun Taylor ironically both singed from Swindon.

Aden please stay we need you next season

On 29/04/2017 at 21:00, GrahamC said:

He was brilliant tonight and as always he put his head in where it hurts time and time again.

He certainly was.

Completely baffled by the stick he sometimes gets on here, he is an absolute colossus and if he moves on this summer from us it will be upwards not downwards.

He's not always played as well as he did v BHA.  That's not to say he's been crap in some games, but he hasn't reached the BHA levels enough.  He has deserved criticism in individual games....but who hasn't.

On 29/04/2017 at 22:41, Leveller said:

He's tremendous in the air and has some great games. He has also been at the centre of our defence through our bad run when we conceded a lot of goals. Against some small quick strikers he will always struggle I suppose - but then I wouldn't trust John Terry to stifle Messi.

That's a more accurate view imho.

On the whole a huge asset and let's hope the organisation of the rest of the team around him improves to tighten up our overall defending.

Yes, overall, Flint is an asset to us.

Flint obviously has his strengths and weaknesses.  All players do.  Overall he plays to his strengths, and tries hard not to see his weaknesses exposed.

Surprisingly for me one area I think he could improve is be more physical.  He's not in his marker's face enough, especially on the ground.  Bailey Wright doesn't allow his marker easy first touches, Flint sometimes does.

Flint showed real leadership v BHA, and without the captain's armband, which is a great trait.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see serious interest in him this summer.  It's not easy to name many CBs in this division who you think are miles ahead of Flint.

Archived