IGNORED

We pooped on their party!!

Wanderingred

44 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I think you totally missed my point about disrespect. It referred to the team not the fans.  They clearly thought they were going to walk it against a lowly side.

They were all set to celebrate being Champions that was what went wrong.  If we are in a similar position we should celebrate promotion and not be selling merchandise inscribed Champions.

As for Brighton as a team, they will need a major overhaul not to be totally embarrassed next season.  They looked nothing like a Premiership team, and good though we were we were hardly Chelsea.

OK, if you saw or heard any disrespect from their players, fair enough. Maybe something on sky. I can't say that I did, and all I saw was a team that looked like they'd taken their foot off the gas (and possibly been celebrating) after winning promotion, and a City team which stopped them from playing their game and getting the crowd behind them. 

But you did also talk about the hype before the game and that's what I thought was perfectly justified.

Personally, I think Huddersfield showed us more disrespect than Brighton yesterday, and I'd love it if they got beat in the semis.

I actually thought Brighton were quite a dirty side to be honest. Kayal and Knockaert are 2 horrible little players moaning at everything that didnt go their way. 

Nothing against Hughton as he is a top football bloke, but I will never forget the ungraciousness of their fans in 2004. Lacked class.

Was always going to be a bit manufactured for them yesterday. The real party seemed to be after they secured promotion at home, everyone on the pitch etc. I am sure that is what they will remember. 

I was thrilled at our effort, relieved at the final whistle, and then just found it all quite funny to be honest. Fancy they might do Villa still anyway.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The penalty in the play off final was for a foul on Chris Iwelumo not Leon Knight...

Yep. I know that. But Leon Knight took the pen and was well known for going down in the box. Admittedly, it wasn't him on this occasion but he was still known as a diver and like I said, he took the pen.

This is why I can't stick Iwelumo on Channel 5 coverage...

13 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

'Champions' scarves were for sale outside the ground - I think this was down to London entrepreneurs, more than Brighton…

Half the fans left after the final whistle (some even before :blink:) to get the train and didn't even see the lap of honour.

I do think these days, the contrived celebrations ruin the moment, when all you need is a pitch invasion, then everyone goes home. You can't beat it!

totally agree you just cant beat a good old fashion great British pitch invasion

That video sums up my hatred for modern football 2017. Plastic kid with plastic dad, bloke in his 50's wearing a shirt with a fn players name on it. Kid trying to get others to stand up when his team has a corner. All support/singing being led by the PA.

What's happened to our game, it's so fn sanitised. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Yep. I know that. But Leon Knight took the pen and was well known for going down in the box. Admittedly, it wasn't him on this occasion but he was still known as a diver and like I said, he took the pen.

Bit of a serious backtrack there Peg! 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit of a serious backtrack there Peg! 

Nope. I watched this this morning to remind me who the pen taker was. Thought it was LK but the alcohol of 14 years had made it hazy...

Sorry for anyone who didn't want that reminder. Mind you, after yesterday, it don't taste as bad...

Great day out for my ten year old and myself in the sunshine. Chips on the beach then thought i'd have a quick pint in the Evening Star by the station. Full of Brighton supporters who were all very friendly but all expected to win easily. On the packed train out to the ground the Pitying looks and comments to my son were all very bemusing. Oh how i wish i was stood next to the same people on the way home. Not so smug then and no atmosphere of a team that was going up. Really poor Brighton support in the ground once the initial euphoria had died down. Shame though that it wont be an away day next season.

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

I thought there was something quite quaint about their song "we're Sussex by the Sea"

I don`t mind that TBH. It`s `their` song and they`ve always played it, I just wish we had something unique like it. I know we`ve got the Wurzels but it`s not quite the same.

People from Sussex are really proud of it - I went to my mate`s mum`s funeral the other day and she was from Worthing and had it as one of the songs to be played at the crematorium. I even welled up a bit then if I`m honest.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t mind that TBH. It`s `their` song and they`ve always played it, I just wish we had something unique like it. I know we`ve got the Wurzels but it`s not quite the same.

People from Sussex are really proud of it - I went to my mate`s mum`s funeral the other day and she was from Worthing and had it as one of the songs to be played at the crematorium. I even welled up a bit then if I`m honest.

I'm from Worthing but just don't seem fussed about the song. 

Although maybe it's just because I prefer all the Bristol heritage of my family.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Have to confess , if you were confused / wrong initially Peg - I'll join you

I would have said it was Knight who was brought down , perhaps as you say because he had the reputation and took the penalty it's fogged our memories

58 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

My grandad came from Seaford. Dunno if he was a Brighton fan, though.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to confess , if you were confused / wrong initially Peg - I'll join you

I would have said it was Knight who was brought down , perhaps as you say because he had the reputation and took the penalty it's fogged our memories

I remember being a lot more annoyed with City than I was with Brighton that day.

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, I liked the poem and their music, also the lady singing 'Abide with Me', a nice touch.  The sound was much better but that might've been because I was pitch side and it wasn't distorted down there.

City pre match music and build up is shite. It's been said many times before but nothing changes.

What is that dirge they play 5 mins before they come out and then they come out to that dreadful hunting tune.

The chap doing on the PA is just not suited to the job.

Why don't we use the big screen to show some City goals from years gone by over a decent sound track.

Archived