IGNORED

Time to Eat

BobBobSuperBob

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Well done LJ and those players who proved trustworthy :clap:

Ive just had a big slice 

Anyone care to join me and partake in celebration ?

Your gonna need a bigger pie

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

I'll join, for not having the belief we'd stay up.

In regards to LJ however, it would take a hell of a lot more for me to change my mindset on him. 

Still have my concerns but would be mad not to see if he can't build on last few weeks 

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

I'll join, for not having the belief we'd stay up.

In regards to LJ however, it would take a hell of a lot more for me to change my mindset on him. 

Ditto.

The start of next season will be the clincher. I'm happy today, but this season should not have been the struggle it turned out to be. No way should we still have been nervous as late as this.

HOWEVER, I'll have a slice of said pie too, as I didn't think we could pull ourselves out of the tailspin we were in, and I'll give Johnson credit for keeping focused, learning lessons and dealing with the unbelievable stress you must get when the crowd is baying for your blood.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

I too join you in a massive slice of humble pie.

Seemingly SL's decision to Stick rather than twist has paid off!

Credit where credit is due.....well done LJ for having the self belief to push on even when we didn't believe.

Please, next season, no relegation battle....my nerves won't take it a third year on the trot....

I was very vociferous about wanting him out. So a slight piece of humble pie for me.

But I will add this: do I think he's the man to take us forward? No. I am still far from convinced about him. I feel the players at his disposal should have meant we were never in this predicament. Something went horribly, horribly wrong mid season.  I guess we'll never know what.  Despite all the rumours (of which I've heard many) and hearsay.  However, when it was needed, the players and management team have pulled it out the bag. 

I'll be very interested in the summer ins and outs, I think that will give us a sign of who/what/why went wrong mid season.  He has he earned another crack of the whip from me.  But only just. 

Slightly below par what I expected this season, but not far off. I predicted 14th before a football was kicked and we could finish 15th if results go our way next sunday. If we had been average all season we would likely all be a bit disappointed, but can't imagine the calls for Johnson out would be as strong. Hope he can get us playing good football more consistently next season and we can push up into the 'comfortably mid-table' bracket.

8 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I was very vociferous about wanting him out. So a slight piece of humble pie for me.

But I will add this: do I think he's the man to take us forward? No. I am still far from convinced about him. I feel the players at his disposal should have meant we were never in this predicament. Something went horribly, horribly wrong mid season.  I guess we'll never know what.  Despite all the rumours (of which I've heard many) and hearsay.  However, when it was needed, the players and management team have pulled it out the bag. 

I'll be very interested in the summer ins and outs, I think that will give us a sign of who/what/why went wrong mid season.  He has he earned another crack of the whip from me.  But only just. 

I honestly believe it came down to something as simple as confidence. 

After the Cardiff away game it seemed we lost all confidence. 

Confidence is great when your winning but it's a bastard when your losing.

I really do hope during our bad patch there was fall outs and words said because that shows the players cared.

If we'd have sack LJ and AN Other had come in and finished the season off as well as we have then they'd have been lauded from here to eternity for turning it around. It was as simple as

1. KISS

2. Stable team

3. No Lee Tomlin

I still think we have massive shortcomings, but at least we've got 8 days to saviour safety and a couple of months break to look forward to. #COYR.

54 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Very admirable of you, Bob. I did it a while back, it feels good.

52 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Some of you have no class, on a day like this too, still bitter and wanting us to lose/ go down just to prove a point that btw has no merit at all. It's football, things happen, we had a bad run, the team have just won four from five and drew the other. Get a grip. 

Unlike those pathetic Villa fans who wanted their team to lose in the hope that it might send Blues down, I have never wanted us to lose or be relegated.

I did not believe, and still have many reservations, about Johnson's ability as a Head Coach. However, any away win at a promoted team is gratefully accepted as was last season's win at Boro.

Whether the escape was due to LJ or the players or both, is not clear yet. The start to next season will provide us all with a better insight into who or what allowed us to turn it around from a club that was hurtling toward relegation at the speed of light.

COYREDS!

Archived