IGNORED

Credit where credits due...

brizzlelou

I was a big critic of LJ and was puzzled by SL and his decision to stick with him but fair play to the two of them. LJ has done a cracking job of turning things around and I am so happy to be proven wrong. Fantastic effort from all involved in this run of form and here's to smashing brum to top off the season!!! I've said a few things in the heat of the moment throughout this season but that's the joy of being a city fan I suppose. Onwards and upwards and bring on next season!!!!!!! We all know what this team can do now!

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I was a big critic of LJ and was puzzled by SL and his decision to stick with him but fair play to the two of them. LJ has done a cracking job of turning things around and I am so happy to be proven wrong. Fantastic effort from all involved in this run of form and here's to smashing brum to top off the season!!! I've said a few things in the heat of the moment throughout this season but that's the joy of being a city fan I suppose. Onwards and upwards and bring on next season!!!!!!! We all know what this team can do now!

4-4-2

Consistent selection

Works !!! SHOCK   !!!!

:whistle:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

4-4-2

Consistent selection

Works !!! SHOCK   !!!!

:whistle:

I think that its, don't know why it took so long for the penny to drop.. I have warmed a bit towards Lee now, I hope he has learned from this season and will stop tinkering and trying to be so overly clever in what he does, keep it simple, settled side and play to our strengths..

Fair play to LJ. Nobody could argue that tonight's efforts represented a consummate away performance.

I hope those who posted the vile personal abuse to the guy earlier in the season are ashamed of themselves. Everybody has the right to an opinion but some of the comments on this forum were beyond the pale.

Just now, winterbournered said:

I think that's a trap a lot of managers fall into when they go on a bad run. Why they don't pick a settled side I don't know. Think McInness was guilty of the same thing. SL didn't give him the benefit of doubt though. 

In times of crisis

Go back to basics

Every British Player knows how to play 4-4-2 and what the requirement in each position is

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

Yep, I'll take my dose of humble pie too Lou. He deserves to start next season which I wasn't expecting and am very happy that he's proven me wrong thus far. Can he do it again? Well, he deserves the chance.

2 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Ditto

2 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Me to. Im delighted we've stayed up with a game to spare, a real achievement. Well done to all involved including LJ. Next season might be 2 to spare... 

You lack class. 

Failure to praise when it's due reflects very badly on someone who should be serving themselves a hearty slice of humble pie. 

2 hours ago, winterbournered said:

I think that's a trap a lot of managers fall into when they go on a bad run. Why they don't pick a settled side I don't know. Think McInness was guilty of the same thing. SL didn't give him the benefit of doubt though. 

Just imagine the flak a manger would get for NOT changing the team during a long losing spell! Nobody praises a settled side that's doing badly. 

An amazing turnaround. A great effort by all concerned. 

I've been a big critic and remain unconvinced by LJs long term credentials. Now is not the time to go over it again so I'll just enjoy it like everyone else. 

He's obviously here next season so I hope lessons learned stand us in good stead for a great campaign. 

Just the tonic for his dad too. 

LJ has improved of late and basically stopped calling out the players and sticking with a settled side that as others of said plays to our strengths.

More of the same required come august. If he reverts to the BS speak and tinkering and we are bottom 3 come oct i will be calling for him to go again. 

But fair play to him for our recent form. We have been playing really well. Long may it continue. Maybe he has got something about him afterall :fingerscrossed:

I think this win was completely unexpected and massively puts LJ back in credit in my view.

He's had to deal with a lot of personal criticism & every fan questioning his ability and rightly so considering the extremely poor run we went on.

There will always be a certain amount of mistrust just below the surface with some fans largely due to his father having managed the club previously.

I am extremely pleased he's been able to negotiate an very difficult time and come out the other side.

Although it can't entirely wipe the slate clean I think this result goes a long way to repairing the bond between the head coach and fans.

I hope this carries on to the final game.

I think he's learnt a lot this season and I hope he feels comfortable enough to take the applause after the final game because you know what?

I think he deserves it.

39 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Interesting to look at our form after Pembo left...

If you're going to play that game, I raise you....look at our form when Holden joined!  Very few of any of us know what goes on at that level. So let's not throw in comments like that...please. It's too easy and has no basis. 

15 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

LJ has improved of late and basically stopped calling out the players and sticking with a settled side that as others of said plays to our strengths.

More of the same required come august. If he reverts to the BS speak and tinkering and we are bottom 3 come oct i will be calling for him to go again. 

But fair play to him for our recent form. We have been playing really well. Long may it continue. Maybe he has got something about him afterall :fingerscrossed:

I like you :-). My thoughts too. I'm not convinced, but I will be if he continues to show this recent courage in his convictions and no BS. 

I think he may have realised the type of player and player character he can motivate. 

4 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

early days mate we will see

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Thought his name was Steve, not Brian, Brian was a naughty boy. Died on a cross. Having said that, you must always look on the bright side of life!

Sorry not 1% sure on this so I will go looking for donkeys where JC was born.

Archived