IGNORED

AGENDA

Bar BS3

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think there's plenty that wouldn't agree with that at all

Fully prepared to give him a chance but another year regardless of results - no chance

Bob, I agree - I don't mean regardless of results. I'm speaking from a do we go with him next season of not from todays point of view 'slate cleanish' if you like. I fully expect SL to act if things are going as wrong as this season come Christmas. I just can't bring myself to think they might!

PS Gas spoling Milwall playoff hopes 3-3!

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What a dire season. Let's hope next season is better or we'll be battle relegation again.

It wasn't dire. It wasn't as good as everyone would've wanted but were two wins away from 12th. Dire is Rotherham. Bad is Wigan or Blackburn who spent most of the season in the bottom 3. We had a sub par year and I'll give you a dire 4 months but the season as a whole wasn't dire. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It wasn't dire. It wasn't as good as everyone would've wanted but were two wins away from 12th. Dire is Rotherham. Bad is Wigan or Blackburn who spent most of the season in the bottom 3. We had a sub par year and I'll give you a dire 4 months but the season as a whole wasn't dire. 

I watched a team who were awful at teams and even during the start of the season were clearly not good enough. The last few games we managed to string some performances together and saved ourselves. Nobody has covered themselvesin glory I'm afraid, save Tammy. 

On to next season.

I think there has been a sub plot going on all season. The only really agenda I feel has come from some players and and JP. There has been chronic under performance from a group  of players that LJ, SL and us Fans should rightly have demanded much more. It must have got personal.  

That would be a test for any manager.

Finally he got a core group of players that wanted to play for him. He froze out the ones who didn't.  That is management and leadership.  I would suspect the bad apples will be shipped off as soon as possible.  

Next season that squad and management team are one season more experienced. The likes of COD Magnusson, ZV, Brownhill, where probably a season or so away from regular first team places. All have had a run and I believe that LJ knows more about them know then perhaps he should.  Due to the fact a few of his experienced pros never played for him.

I was in the LJ out camp. Nothing personal against him only that I want my team to remain in the Championship. About 6 weeks ago the only way I could see us achieving that was to dismiss LJ roll the managerial dice and hope it worked. 

This group have come through adversity. Found a formula that worked. They dusted themselves down picked themselves up and finally delivered.  

Get the right senior players in next season and we could have to right blend to trouble this league. 

LJ has earned the right to spearhead our campaign next season. 

Stevo

1 minute ago, WayOutWest said:

I think there has been a sub plot going on all season. The only really agenda I feel has come from some players and and JP. There has been chronic under performance from a group  of players that LJ, SL and us Fans should rightly have demanded much more. It must have got personal.  

That would be a test for any manager.

Finally he got a core group of players that wanted to play for him. He froze out the ones who didn't.  That is management and leadership.  I would suspect the bad apples will be shipped off as soon as possible.  

Next season that squad and management team are one season more experienced. The likes of COD Magnusson, ZV, Brownhill, where probably a season or so away from regular first team places. All have had a run and I believe that LJ knows more about them know then perhaps he should.  Due to the fact a few of his experienced pros never played for him.

I was in the LJ out camp. Nothing personal against him only that I want my team to remain in the Championship. About 6 weeks ago the only way I could see us achieving that was to dismiss LJ roll the managerial dice and hope it worked. 

This group have come through adversity. Found a formula that worked. They dusted themselves down picked themselves up and finally delivered.  

Get the right senior players in next season and we could have to right blend to trouble this league. 

LJ has earned the right to spearhead our campaign next season. 

Stevo

Indeed he has and the fans have earned the right to expect something far more consistent next season in every way shape or form.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And you cannot ignore the 25 games/5 month/16 point period.

if what you are trying to imply that the last 11 games is the standard that LJ is capable of then of course so is the 25 games/5 month/16 point standard, you cannot have it both ways.

So would you class other managers on previous bad spells, or how they have done more recently? 

I'm not talking over 2/3 games. 11 games (nearly quarter of a season) is a genuine recovery. Unless you have an agenda!! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

So would you class other managers on previous bad spells, or how they have done more recently? 

I'm not talking over 2/3 games. 11 games (nearly quarter of a season) is a genuine recovery. Unless you have an agenda!! 

Jesus you and your agendas.

I am struggling to think of a manager with a worse record spanning 5 complete months/25 games.

Recovery? I would say remission, as I said he has made some monumental mistakes, he is lucky to still be employed.

However he is still our manager and will be next season, I can't see him being poached by Arsenal anytime soon and now he has it all to prove, no more excuses and no more bullshit, he has the makings of a good squad now he has to make that squad better and ship out the current batch of deadwood.

August to October/November will decide whether he is really up to the job.

8 hours ago, yardy said:

Well i don't think he is here for the money, hasn't he got enough money and houses?

He is here because he's City through and through and he can see the massive potential this club has.....

He's here because Steve Lansdown decided to play at being Simon Cowell, and spun the line that Lee had the X factor, despite all evidence to the contrary.

That has placed unfair pressure on Lee, but with a great production team behind him to smooth out every rough edge has managed to reverse a nosediving chart position with a number of minor hits culminating in Brighton Rock.

6 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He's here because Steve Lansdown decided to play at being Simon Cowell, and spun the line that Lee had the X factor, despite all evidence to the contrary.

That has placed unfair pressure on Lee, but with a great production team behind him to smooth out every rough edge has managed to reverse a nosediving chart position with a number of minor hits culminating in Brighton Rock.

He got his Brighton Rock, but he didn't do it with a Flick of the wrist. Maybe his future was in the lap of the gods for a while, but now he is here.

Great album SHA

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

It's a bit like Birmingham sacking Rowett. Would make no sense. In fact it would make even less sense. Owner sticks with a guy who is losing every game because he has done loads behind the scenes and the owner has faith he will turn it around. The manager turns it around by going on a superb run, ending the season magnificently. And then the owner sacks him. That would be madness. 

Or Leicester sacking Pearson?

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I've put some of my thoughts on hold because there are clearly a number of stories behind the scenes that may have affected this season

As a result , and the fact that we've gone on a great run I think it would now be a real gamble to change the head coach.at this moment in time

Continuity is undoubtedly beneficial (Needs to be positive continuity / the right man)

My one caveat is -

What no one on here knows is why the players suddenly upped a gear post Preston and what changed

Without that answer , it is difficult to fully judge LJ and what part he played in the negative , or positive , or both , sides of that line

My one concern is the possibility the players decided to up a gear themselves for a variety of reasons

Im not saying that is or isn't the case but the hierarchy at AG need to know the answer as well as whose idea was it to go 4-4-2 and be consistent with selection

Personally I believe that the behind closed doors 'meeting' the players / coaches had around the time of the Preston debacle ? Had a major influence

if LJ was the one behind these things and finally realising LT wasn't good for the side , etc - good , let's see how we move forwards

If none of these were his ideas I'd still have massive concerns

In reality we will never know but as I've said SL and MA certainly need to know that answer

Without doubt we will run with Lee and I hope with moving some on and some quality Championship ready signings we can stabilise properly in this league

This is my thoughts. There are things behind the scenes that most of us will never know about. That makes it difficult to fairly judge LJ.

i was in the out camp after Preston as I thought we were doomed, like many on here.

i think the summer will be interesting and we may get an idea of which players were and weren't behind LJ based on who stays and goes.

ive wanted us to just stick with a manager rather than change every year, I'm still not sure LJ is that one to stick with but he's got my support going into next season for now.

Just now, MarcusX said:

This is my thoughts. There are things behind the scenes that most of us will never know about. That makes it difficult to fairly judge LJ.

i was in the out camp after Preston as I thought we were doomed, like many on here.

i think the summer will be interesting and we may get an idea of which players were and weren't behind LJ based on who stays and goes.

ive wanted us to just stick with a manager rather than change every year, I'm still not sure LJ is that one to stick with but he's got my support going into next season for now.

I was intrigued by a couple of posts the other day from a couple of sensible posters indicating we , as fans would be shocked what has been going on , without revealing what

There seems to have been obvious issues re recruitment but that may not be all and as you say - It muddies the whole assessing LJ issue 

Hes definitely made noticeable errors IMHO (Outing players publically etc) but other factors may have caused him problems too

Anyway we maintained our Championship status which is massive IMHO and we have a chance to take a deep breath and move on - If Lee goes on to be successful everyone will be happy because it means our club is sucessful

Archived