IGNORED

Online tickets, how to buy more than one?

JustinCider

I'm trying to get 4 tickets for the family and myself for next Sunday. I'm using my Supporter ID but keeps telling me I've exceeded my limitations?! I can't find a way around this and watched the YouTube video which also hasn't helped. Please can anyone help with this? Many thanks in advance.

I don't know. I've just logged on, selected four tickets and it seems to accept it. I know that somebody else had a similar problem on Friday with 'exceeding limitations', perhaps look at that thread and see if they managed to sort it or someone came up with some good advice.

Thanks Max. It lets me choose 4, it's when I try and go to checkout it comes up with the error message. I have seen the other thread but that wasn't of any use as it didn't answer the question although the OP went away happy. The only other thing we're trying is to set up Supporter ID's for our 2 kids but it seems ridiculous that you have to input email addresses for them - they're only 8 and 11 :laugh:!

Just now, JustinCider said:

Thanks Max. It lets me choose 4, it's when I try and go to checkout it comes up with the error message. I have seen the other thread but that wasn't of any use as it didn't answer the question although the OP went away happy. The only other thing we're trying is to set up Supporter ID's for our 2 kids but it seems ridiculous that you have to input email addresses for them - they're only 8 and 11 :laugh:!

do you need to set up ID? Won't it let you buy tickets with out an id?

Okay, so after setting up another Supporter ID account, it let me proceed all the way through to payment......and then decides to tell me that it now won't let me buy them as I've exceeded my limitations :laugh:. Well done Bristol Sport, this has to be the 5h1ttest ticketing system known to man.

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I seemed to be able to buy 4 under my supporter ID, sorry can't help further. My friends bought 2 for Upper Tier without any ID or membership 

Well I'm at a total loss then. I guess I'll have to phone Tuesday. I can only think that they've a problem with their system as it won't let me or my wife buy anything without an ID number. This is so bloody frustrating.

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I seemed to be able to buy 4 under my supporter ID, sorry can't help further. My friends bought 2 for Upper Tier without any ID or membership 

Out of interest, has he got a ticketing history? 

39 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

No, it won't let me buy tickets without either quoting a Supporter ID number or creating a Supporter ID account

The Club obviously would like to accumulate as many City fans on their database as possible.

But remember this game is already a sellout for Birmingham fans in the Atyeo stand and this is one way that I presume the Club/Bristol Sport are trying their best to ensure that Bluenoses do not purchase tickets in the Upper Lansdown which could cause problems on the day.

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Out of interest, has he got a ticketing history? 

don't think so, I bought them tickets under the £10 Ipswich deal. My friend was a season ticket holder for many years though, although her address/contact details would have changed since then. 

1 hour ago, JustinCider said:

I'm trying to get 4 tickets for the family and myself for next Sunday. I'm using my Supporter ID but keeps telling me I've exceeded my limitations?! I can't find a way around this and watched the YouTube video which also hasn't helped. Please can anyone help with this? Many thanks in advance.

When you select tickets to buy, change the drop down menu to 'adult' as when you log in as a member it defaults to 'member' and that's when you get the 'exceed limit' problem.

Try changing the drop down menu and see how you get on....good luck

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When you select tickets to buy, change the drop down menu to 'adult' as when you log in as a member it defaults to 'member' and that's when you get the 'exceed limit' problem.

Try changing the drop down menu and see how you get on....good luck

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but I still get the "exceeds their limitations" message.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh right, when I had the same problem this solved it for me. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. 

Well thanks for trying BS4. I've even logged out and signed back in trying to buy just one ticket and it still tells me that I've exceeded my limitations ffs! 

Just now, JustinCider said:

Well thanks for trying BS4. I've even logged out and signed back in trying to buy just one ticket and it still tells me that I've exceeded my limitations ffs! 

Our online offerings are so frustrating at times! Have you tried selecting the ticket/seat first then changing the drop down option to 'Adult' ? 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Our online offerings are so frustrating at times! Have you tried selecting the ticket/seat first then changing the drop down option to 'Adult' ? 

It doesn't seem to make a difference. However, it'll let me buy a ticket for the rugby as I've just tried that. It has got to be something to do with their system and this particular game?

I wouldn't mind being able to buy one, let alone four. I need a ticket for my wife who attends a few times a season.

I sign in, select ticket, proceed to checkout, where I am thwarted as soon as I select payment. It bounces me back to my profile, which is all correct. So, I go to the basket and start the procedure all over again and end up with the same result. I have searched all screens and there are no other options.

The only thing I can assume is that my brother in law has bought four tickets and we are linked as I am his carer. Even then, we have different supporter IDs. The only conclusion is, It's a shit site, a site that so many people have problems with buying tickets.

13 hours ago, Drawstringsandals1 said:

It's because there is an online blocker for new accounts and certain post codes. I had the same issue and they explained to me on the phone. If you have a postcode that isn't Bristol then they check with Birmingham first. 

You'd think they would put a message up if that were the case.

Archived