IGNORED

Half Time shenanigans

skinster

22 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"We are staying up" has always struck me s the most embarrassing chant of all time.

Yes, we've had some practice at it but, surely, it's just admitting out loud how shite we are.

Yep depressing.

41 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"We are staying up" has always struck me s the most embarrassing chant of all time.

Yes, we've had some practice at it but, surely, it's just admitting out loud how shite we are.

You do have to have some self deprecation when there are 1,008 of us and 30,000 of them? 

We were also taking the piss as we have been shite and they've been good and we rained on their parade.  A bit like the chant about 1-0 up away from home how shite are you (paraphrasing).

Brighton should have walked that and they didn't even get close, however they are promoted to the PL.  What else were we going to sing?

43 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You do have to have some self deprecation when there are 1,008 of us and 30,000 of them? 

We were also taking the piss as we have been shite and they've been good and we rained on their parade.  A bit like the chant about 1-0 up away from home how shite are you (paraphrasing).

Brighton should have walked that and they didn't even get close, however they are promoted to the PL.  What else were we going to sing?

Not talking about yesterday specifically, just the chant in general.

"What else are we going to sing" is an admission of abject unimagination and I can think of a dozen, minimum, other songs to sing.

I'm sure you can too.

40 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not talking about yesterday specifically, just the chant in general.

"What else are we going to sing" is an admission of abject unimagination and I can think of a dozen, minimum, other songs to sing.

I'm sure you can too.

There were a few others in the stands!

The term 'shenanigans' made me expect a bunch of gawky teens being 'nawty'. All I saw were football fans being football fans as they have been since time immemorial. Not exactly riveting viewing but at least posted in the appropriate place :P

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Celebrating staying up; bless my soul; how expectations have re-aligned so quickly under Johnson. Imagine if we miraculously hit the play offs a year from now; there will be no chance of containment.

I don't know the tune to that one. Doesn't rhyme well either. 

22 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I heard it as rubbing it in that Brighton weren't champions.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

In years gone by singing `We`ll support you evermore` always meant we`d been stuffed/got relegated/both. My mate always calls the losers song. 

Christ, I haven't heard that sung for a long time. Although, to counter your view, I do recall it being sung during the good times in the 70's, but perhaps you're right, sung probably after we went behind or playing away from home!

Archived