IGNORED

Out of contract

Cov 77

Just checked and outside of the loanees, Tammy, Matthews , Cotterill and Geifer , it's seems only Mark Little and Wilbs are out of contract , heard Frank Fielding , Gary O'Neill and Bobby Reid were out but all have until 2018 , means we may less flexibility as the squad needs some trimming but probably only needs four or five key players in , including two strikers . 

Needs more quality than quantity so interesting to see how it unfolds .

10 minutes ago, SnozRobin said:

Need to offload O'Neil and Tomlin to free up wages and make room for a marquee striker signing I feel.

A first choice right back is probably the next priority.

Not just to free up wages.  O'Neill has had a few good games, but his fitness levels are just not good enough for the Championship.  O'Tomlin needs to go because his presence in the squad is, I think, counterproductive.  His body language at the final whistle was interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a conversation with Chris Hughton last night...

The two out of contract I wouldn't offer extensions. Thanks for the good memories though. If we can, we should look at moving Tomlin, GON, and Golbourne. I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby and Hegeler stay but if they wanted to go for whatever reasons I wouldn't be gutted. Including loans that means we would be 9 players lighter. That would mean a lot for team spirit and our wage bill. 

Then I think we need a top striker. I don't know who that is but I'd be looking abroad as 4-5m euros could get you something special. Risky but we've done a good job scouting abroad I feel. Then I'd look at someone with experience in the championship or higher for RB. I'm not sure who that is maybe that Darikwa or even Odubajo(spelling but plays for Hull may be injured?). Those two positions I think are key. Unless they think Taylor Moore can fit in at RB but I feel he's a CB that can do a job there. I'd like a true RB. Then I'd look at another striker to compete. Maybe that Marquis would do but someone of that ilk. I'm not convinced Engvall won't have a part to play either. I think we have intentions to use him but we will see. 

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sad comment.  Johnson has earned the right to a decent run at next season,

I'm not sure. Just feel he will be under massive pressure from the start of the season and I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Just now, Spoons said:

I'm not sure. Just feel he will be under massive pressure from the start of the season and I'm not sure that's a good idea.

I don't think any more pressure than this season.  He has to have learned from getting us out of that mess, surely, and it does seem that it's a happier club since John Pemberton left (and I suspect will be happier still if Tomlin and O'Neill go).  All managers are under pressure, but at least Johnson knows he has an owner who isn't going to panic at the first sight of trouble.

25 minutes ago, Tiree said:

tough task indeed after this good run that Spoons presumably didnt rread about - clearly he doesnt go to games and see the attitude of the players towards their manager; they love him and great to hear the Johnson songs yesterday; No doubt the Bounce will be back fro Sunday and Spoons will be sitting down looking as miserable as most of his/her posts!

Bore off happy clapper

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don't think any more pressure than this season.  He has to have learned from getting us out of that mess, surely, and it does seem that it's a happier club since John Pemberton left (and I suspect will be happier still if Tomlin and O'Neill go).  All managers are under pressure, but at least Johnson knows he has an owner who isn't going to panic at the first sight of trouble.

Of the statement you've made here only one part has any credence at all as fact. The last sentence is fact the rest is what you think and feel.

Does Tomlin really have to go? I feel if you put him in a team that are challenging instead of fighting he'll shine. Well worth keeping imo. A special player. I want us to get a new keeper in. Our squad, for what ever reason seem to have a really good end to a season and it sort of blinds us that they had a pretty poor one. Fielding imo can be upgraded. Should have got Bentley when we had the chance. Not sure who's about but it's definitely a position we need to strengthen. 

1 minute ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Does Tomlin really have to go? I feel if you put him in a team that are challenging instead of fighting he'll shine. Well worth keeping imo. A special player. I want us to get a new keeper in. Our squad, for what ever reason seem to have a really good end to a season and it sort of blinds us that they had a pretty poor one. Fielding imo can be upgraded. Should have got Bentley when we had the chance. Not sure who's about but it's definitely a position we need to strengthen. 

Tomlin won't be going anywhere unless he wants off, but unless he improves his attitude I don't think he will get many starts next season.

I think we desperately need a right back, maybe a left back to cover Bryan, and definately a goal-scoring centre forward as well as a keeper to challenge for the no 1 position. I don't want the squad getting any bigger, so I think we'll be trying to offload some players.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not just to free up wages.  O'Neill has had a few good games, but his fitness levels are just not good enough for the Championship.  O'Tomlin needs to go because his presence in the squad is, I think, counterproductive.  His body language at the final whistle was interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a conversation with Chris Hughton last night...

I'd be very surprised 

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Tomlin won't be going anywhere unless he wants off, but unless he improves his attitude I don't think he will get many starts next season.

I think we desperately need a right back, maybe a left back to cover Bryan, and definately a goal-scoring centre forward as well as a keeper to challenge for the no 1 position. I don't want the squad getting any bigger, so I think we'll be trying to offload some players.

I don't agree.  If Johnson feels Tomlin is no longer in the plan, then he will be sold to the highest bidder.  My money is on him going.

2 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Isn't that the problem though? We are likely to struggle a while longer before challenging!

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Interesting one, feel we need a quality keeper in, does that mean Frankie out or Lucic moved on ?

Fielding really ended the season well, he's quality, Lucic though I really don't know, great game against Fulham in the cup but still very raw

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don't agree.  If Johnson feels Tomlin is no longer in the plan, then he will be sold to the highest bidder.  My money is on him going.

I don't think he's in LJs plans either but you can't force a player under contract out can you. Maybe one of the relegated clubs would be prepared to bite. He might go for that.

Archived