IGNORED

Birminghams next Full Time manager-SC

asfred

17 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Based on previous posts about him still being employed by City does this now mean that he is off the wage bill?

Good luck to him though always liked his passion.

I'd assume so. Though even if he isn't, he signed a 3 and a half year deal when he joined, which would take him to the end of this season. 

1 hour ago, Tammys Scan said:

Fair enough, it's a shame as I can't wish him good luck but I hope he doesn't fail.

How come? I wish him luck - just not against us. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at this level at another club. Was he out of his depth or was there other reasons he struggled here in this league.

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Blues is too big a job for SC...huge expectations from their fans if they stay in the championship. 

You could be right and he`d be a lot more appreciated if they were in league 1 which they ought to run away with on paper.

Their fans do seem to have taken to him already though.

53 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Based on previous posts about him still being employed by City does this now mean that he is off the wage bill?

Good luck to him though always liked his passion.

He was off the wage bill as soon as he joined Brum. We were paying him for as long as he was unemployed. 

53 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

How come? I wish him luck - just not against us. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at this level at another club. Was he out of his depth or was there other reasons he struggled here in this league.

My dislike for Brum. You never know, if they go down then they'll be straight back up if they give SC the budget needed.

I wonder if the fact SC is with Brum will have any effect on our performance on Sunday? Rumours are that he was popular with the players and some were gutted when he was sacked. Quite a few of our L1 players should start. Do we think they may be tempted to help Cotts out as there is nothing on the game for us now?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

You could be right and he`d be a lot more appreciated if they were in league 1 which they ought to run away with on paper.

Their fans do seem to have taken to him already though.

As best I can tell, they seem to be supportive of the type of role he has right now, but to be polite there are very mixed views as to if he should be their next manager:

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2218534

As for the suggestion above, as to if our players want to 'help him out', do not really see that. Players like Flint and Abraham seem the sort that want to give 100% whatever. I suspect if there is a reduction in intensity next match, it will be much more to do with subconsiously being safe, than wanting to do Cotts a favour.

20 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I wonder if the fact SC is with Brum will have any effect on our performance on Sunday? Rumours are that he was popular with the players and some were gutted when he was sacked. Quite a few of our L1 players should start. Do we think they may be tempted to help Cotts out as there is nothing on the game for us now?

I hope not, regardless if we're safe the team should be looking to beat Brum and finish as high as possible (15th if the results go the right way)

No room for sentiment

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I hope not, regardless if we're safe the team should be looking to beat Brum and finish as high as possible (15th if the results go the right way)

No room for sentiment

I agree that they should be. They're only human though. Not saying they would do that but you never know what motivates players and what is going on behind the scenes.

A solid appointment for them, regardless of the level they end up at next year.

Appointing Zola was a nonsense move, and felt very much like new owners wanting to show off their ability to get a 'brand name' in.  If Cotts end up in charge, that would maybe prove they learnt a harsh lesson from that move.

And if the word is 'Arry would be upstairs too, that would be a significant positive for SC, because as I understand it, the two are very close, and would give him an ally who would more than likely be able to get him what he needed from the owners.

I hope we beat them next week (like I hope we beat anyone we face) and won't lie that if it sends them down, I'd shed no tears.  But Cotts would be a very astute appointment for them, especially if they have to escape League One.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Blues is too big a job for SC...huge expectations from their fans if they stay in the championship. 

Not at all.

He can do an excellent job ............. in league 1.

tfj

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No love lost between SC/SL/LJ so could be tasty.

Flint to Brum in the summer if SC is there?

SC was very complimentary of SL the other week on Soccer Saturday. I did find it surprising given how things ended!

And no, unless Birmingham have found a benefactor that is willing to spend £5M-£7.5M on a CB.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it's fair to say that there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in SC/SL being on good terms!

I didn't think so either but SC was at least man enough to give SL credit for being one of the best owners in English football that has care for the club he owns.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Publicly,  yes. Privately, I wouldn't be so sure...

Maybe. Like I said, I found it quite surprising after how things ended here. But he wasn't even asked directly about SL. It was a general discussion about owners in England and he made a point of mentioning SL and that he's a good owner.

6 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

They weren't just 'rumours', one of our ( now ex ) players father stated on here that the players were gutted when he got sacked.

Archived