IGNORED

Summer Recruitment - What we need

tinman85

43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Worth remembering too that he`s best buddies with Pato. They used to room together at Forest and he was really angry when they sold him to us.

Is that so?

That's pretty interesting, as seems Paterson is very much in our plans going forward (I understand he had fitness issues this season, hence his lack of involvement at times).

Of all the players at this level who I'd be happy with us sinking money into buying, it would be him.

Realise he'd likely be expensive, being Forest paid £5+ million for him, but if his injuries are sorted, then he's a serious talent.

16 minutes ago, samo II said:

Is that so?

That's pretty interesting, as seems Paterson is very much in our plans going forward (I understand he had fitness issues this season, hence his lack of involvement at times).

Of all the players at this level who I'd be happy with us sinking money into buying, it would be him.

Realise he'd likely be expensive, being Forest paid £5+ million for him, but if his injuries are sorted, then he's a serious talent.

I believe so. Some of the tweets flying about at the time from Mr A were less than complimentary regarding the sale, it almost got as far as him saying `if he`s gone then I want out too`. Forest fans were fully expecting him to go to Derby which would have been the final bridge burnt in their relationship with their owners!

Trent-Arnold to replace little with vyner/Moore as backup.

magnussen to replace Flint if sold with vyner/Moore as backup.

golbourne to be sold with Kelly providing backup to Bryan.

geifer to leave and Lucic to come back in to challenge fielding for number one spot. Wollacot on loan with O'Leary.

tammy resigning on loan or permanent, or look to sign a finisher like assombalonga or wells as his replacement as Taylor, djuric and engvall aren't natural finishers.

sell Tomlin, O'Neil and Reid to release wages and funds and look to sign a player such as palmer and/or Brown from Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Dont think hes gonna give us 15 to 20 goals

Exactly. Someone like Assombalonga would actually be perfect. Or Famara Diedhiou from our good friends at Angers. Nahki Wells is OOC too I think he'd be alright. If all fails we'll let Sir Arnie Garita score the 20 we need.

People (rightfully) worried about the defence. 

We could lose our top 4 goalscorers in the summer:

Tammy (def)

Tomlin (quite possibly, I would def look to move on)

Flint (if rumours are to be believed)

Wilbs  (even if he did get a deal, would surely play even less than this year)

Cause for concern!

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Flint? If he stays, that is.

Possibly but why has he been behind Korey smith, Wilbs, pack and bailey wright? 

Im thinking he's turned the job down? 

He plays every minute for LJ so I'm sure he must have been asked?

Just now, Spoons said:

True - tbh I was thinking more of the way he plays and organises the team, rather than whether he wore the captain's armband or not.

Just now, Spoons said:

I remember over the docks, after the open top bus tour, SC gave a little speech. People were calling for Flint to get on the mike. I think it was Adam B who said he'd asked Flinty before and he'd declined. Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable being out front or in charge? Better all round if he sticks to the things he feels suit him.

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I remember over the docks, after the open top bus tour, SC gave a little speech. People were calling for Flint to get on the mike. I think it was Adam B who said he'd asked Flinty before and he'd declined. Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable being out front or in charge? Better all round if he sticks to the things he feels suit him.

He does always look a bit uncomfortable in post match interviews TBF, might be just a bloke who doesn`t like being in the limelight. I think when he`s relaxed it`s a bit different though like when they were in Botswana.

Goodbye to Wilbs, Little, Tomlin, Reid, O'Neil, Golbourne and all the loan players.

-------- 1st team -------

Assombalonga (if Forest drop)

Sam Gallagher

Darikwa

Marley Watkins

Lloyd Isgrove

Senior GK

Young LB

-------- players with potential --------

Ollie Watkins

Liam Mandeville

Da Silva Lopes

Couple of GK's that could be good  - SERGIO PADT at Goningen is someone who might be getable, good experience very good on the ball to + distribution. Or As a gamble try and grab Bingourou Kamara from Tours only 20 but plenty of league games behind him already and linked with a load of big clubs at various points.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

As we've seen with Geifer , foreign keepers seem to struggle in English football to start with. They're not used to so many balls being pumped into the box and being battered about.

True, just a couple of players with potential, definitely a risk. Anyone follow league 1 closely enough to know if there is any GK's there worth looking at? I really think if we get that right it will be huge for us. you want the back 4 to be relaxed and confident in who's behind them and however good FF is at shot stopping I just don't think he offers that.

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He's an excellent target man but not the kind of striker our current tactics require imo. Need someone who can stretch the play and make forward runs for Taylor. 

We have Milan .

He does those things and was just starting to look really good before his operation.

I have high hopes for the lad.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People (rightfully) worried about the defence. 

We could lose our top 4 goalscorers in the summer:

Tammy (def)

Tomlin (quite possibly, I would def look to move on)

Flint (if rumours are to be believed)

Wilbs  (even if he did get a deal, would surely play even less than this year)

Cause for concern!

We have , Milan , Taylor , Engval , McCoulsky , Garita all have potential but not proven Championship goalscorers, do we keep faith with these lads and hope they make the step up like Tammy did or do we bring in a ' proven ' marksman at this level ? 

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have , Milan , Taylor , Engval , McCoulsky , Garita all have potential but not proven Championship goalscorers, do we keep faith with these lads and hope they make the step up like Tammy did or do we bring in a ' proven ' marksman at this level ? 

I'd say it depends who ends up being available and at what price. As much as I'd like to say trust the young players we'd be mad not to take a proven Goalscorer at this level if they were available to us.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Marshall from Hull, went there for big money but has found himself on the bench behind Jakupovic, could regular 1st team time tempt him to drop down again? Persuade Liverpool to loan us Danny Ward? Huddersfield have done alright with him in goal it seems. 

Marshall would be awesome but there would probably be bigger payers after him should he move on from hull. A top championship stopper.

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

Marshall would be awesome but there would probably be bigger payers after him should he move on from hull. A top championship stopper.

Add my name to that list top shout. I forgot about him, he would be perfect.

Archived