IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Educated guesses seem to be over 24000. Difficult to ascertain exactly what is sold out or not yet released I think. 

Read somewhere on the forum that there was just over 250 tickets left ... But I reckon there will be around 24k which is very good considering the season we've had!

5 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

Read somewhere on the forum that there was just over 250 tickets left ... But I reckon there will be around 24k which is very good considering the season we've had!

There's one next to me. Daddy forgot his little girl had her drama play next weekend. :facepalm::sad26:

Just now, italian dave said:

Mmmm. It's always a balance isn't it, but without reduced prices we've achieved our best average attendance in a generation, so not sure there's a strong case...

7k empty seats every week suggests there was a case. Basically BS aren't interested in trying to fill the stadium and would simply rather charge as much as they can without  pissing of their loyal fan base. Fair enough, they could have taken a different approach (the Bradford/Hudds etc model) but chose not to.

The 'highest average in a generation' line doesn't wash with me either. With the opening of the redeveloped ground it was always going to be! It's also been proven time and time again that new/redeveloped grounds often result in increase in attendances by 20-35% - sometimes more. 

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

7k empty seats every week suggests there was a case. Basically BS aren't interested in trying to fill the stadium and would simply rather charge as much as they can without  pissing of their loyal fan base. Fair enough, they could have taken a different approach (the Bradford/Hudds etc model) but chose not to.

That's what I'm saying! From an income perspective, what they have done this season probably makes sense. 1-2K of those empty seats are away fans, and if they had halved the price throughout the season they'd have had to fill the ground every week to make that pay. And on top of that, they'd have lost half the income from the away fans that did come. The way they don't piss off loyal fans is through season tickets. It's pretty much the standard model other than Bradford/Hudds, and I'm not saying it's right, but it's a reasonable choice. 

The 'highest average in a generation' line doesn't wash with me either. With the opening of the redeveloped ground it was always going to be!

That's only really been an issue for the past two seasons. The previous 38 years saw just as good if not better seasons than this last one (including reaching the play offs) and yet this seasons are still better.

It's also been proven time and time again that new/redeveloped grounds often result in increase in attendances by 20-35% - sometimes more. 

Exactly. Surely that's an argument for NOT making this season one for regularly reducing prices. If they know that crowds are going to increase anyway then why would they reduce the price?

I'm not trying to defend City's pricing and business model, and I get what you're saying and don't disagree. All I'm saying is that it's not as simple as reduce the price and increase the gate! And City being interested in the money is something they've got to do if they are to meet the aspirations of most of us on here for new players etc etc!

Agree with much of that Italian.

I am sure City have a program that easily gives them multiple supply and demand curves related to elasticity of demand. And as you rightly say they must try and get the balance right; if they reduce too often the novelty wears off, season ticket holders get a bit miffed and their gross profit dips too much. Prior to the redevelopment City were turning over about 8 million a year, one of the lowest in the division. City have increased their average gate by close to 4,000 I think, year on year, and have exponentially increased conference, food, drink and retail offerings. I think they will likely have increased turnover by over 100% as a result. Be very interesting to see the numbers.. I am going to go for 17.9 million for the year.

p.s. we need a completely full house of 27k to increase our average to 19.3k, currently just under 19k, and 25k to pip Fulham.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The 'highest average in a generation' line doesn't wash with me either. With the opening of the redeveloped ground it was always going to be! It's also been proven time and time again that new/redeveloped grounds often result in increase in attendances by 20-35% - sometimes more. 

Extra fans also equates the additional revenue , more programme sells , drinks, hotdogs and even sales in club shop. It surly also must help the team.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So you are saying the "highest average in a generation" is a nonsense because it was, err, the highest average in a generation?

It's a good job we didn't have a successful season as then you'd blame the higher attendances on good football. :blink:

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

So you are saying the "highest average in a generation" is a nonsense because it was, err, the highest average in a generation?

It's a good job we didn't have a successful season as then you'd blame the higher attendances on good football. :blink:

it's incredible isn't it, and not a little disturbing, how anything slightly positive has to be twisted into a negative by some people? 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

it's incredible isn't it, and not a little disturbing, how anything slightly positive has to be twisted into a negative by some people? 

The same ones boycotting the club as well ;)

I haven't necessarily agreed with some prices as they do seem a little expensive for certain games but when you see we are currently 12th in the average attendance table, people haven't gone overboard with the moaning. The Brum game will see it go over 19k which is very good.

Lets not forget that the Upper Lansdown was partially closed for some of the season due to H & S regulations

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Riot was saying that they might as well have declared this season as the highest in a generation before a ball was kicked. Barring doing a Rotherham, we were going to get bigger crowds than last year...because there were more seats to sit in. It's a bit like last season us saying the average was up on the previous year: of course it was, the capacity has gone up for 3 years in a row with the building work.

Just because someone looks further than the headline fact doesn't make them negative. Going on Riot's posts, I wouldn't class him (her) as negative. Realistic, yes (see his point about nearly all new stadia shwiwng an increase in average gates, it's pretty much a nailed-on fact, he's just pointing this out for balance). He (she), like me, just doesn't want to blindly believe everything peddled by the club/BS, or else we end up like N Korea. An exaggeration, yes, but some of us have had enough of being lied to by football (in its most general sense) and prefer to make our own minds up about things.

There are plenty of things we're happy with, but, whilst it may not be as simple as reduce price-increase the gates it can still be frustrating to see other clubs do similar and it work for them, while some of us feel treated more and more like punters not humans. Whether you agree or not, a lot of people share this last view with the advent of BS (I'm not dredging that up again, but it explains people's stance - like mine and Riot's).

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, I forgot 'thou shall not criticise the project'. 

I take the time to write something constructive and you come back with this? Think it says more about you than me matey!

22 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I think Riot was saying that they might as well have declared this season as the highest in a generation before a ball was kicked. Barring doing a Rotherham, we were going to get bigger crowds than last year...because there were more seats to sit in. It's a bit like last season us saying the average was up on the previous year: of course it was, the capacity has gone up for 3 years in a row with the building work.

Just because someone looks further than the headline fact doesn't make them negative. Going on Riot's posts, I wouldn't class him (her) as negative. Realistic, yes (see his point about nearly all new stadia shwiwng an increase in average gates, it's pretty much a nailed-on fact, he's just pointing this out for balance). He (she), like me, just doesn't want to blindly believe everything peddled by the club/BS, or else we end up like N Korea. An exaggeration, yes, but some of us have had enough of being lied to by football (in its most general sense) and prefer to make our own minds up about things.

There are plenty of things we're happy with, but, whilst it may not be as simple as reduce price-increase the gates it can still be frustrating to see other clubs do similar and it work for them, while some of us feel treated more and more like punters not humans. Whether you agree or not, a lot of people share this last view with the advent of BS (I'm not dredging that up again, but it explains people's stance - like mine and Riot's).

Maybe I am over sensitive but it's like being hit over the head with a mallet with the word "conspiracy" painted on it. After a while it starts to sound like the Donald Trump response to anything in the media he doesn't like. To say the gates are only up because there are more seats to fill sounds like the opposite of the gasheads argument that they have filled a higher percentage of their seats than everyone else.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I take the time to write something constructive and you come back with this? Think it says more about you than me matey!

I think we have a difference in our understanding of the word "constructive".

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Maybe I am over sensitive but it's like being hit over the head with a mallet with the word "conspiracy" painted on it. After a while it starts to sound like the Donald Trump response to anything in the media he doesn't like. To say the gates are only up because there are more seats to fill sounds like the opposite of the gasheads argument that they have filled a higher percentage of their seats that everyone else.

It's more that the club are making it out to be a big thing. Like they might make out survival to be a big thing. It's no conspiracy. Just not believing everything they say to be the only way to look at things. Up to us each to take what they say as we like. Don't think yr over sensitive. And at least I've finally been called the opposite of a gashead now, as opposed to those two bellends calling me gAss the other day. (Face palm). Don't see them on here much, now....

Finally: let's all agree that nearly 20,000 is a good ave and let's do something to increase it nx season. Amen to that!

8 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I think he was. But the problem with that proposition is that a generation is a bit longer than last year, or even the last three years! 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Thing is, SL has said he wants to see 20k season ticket holders here, like at Norwich. Now, if he can get to that with people paying full whack, not Bradfud/Huddersfeld prices, then we are obviously at an advantage over Hudds, and about half the Championship, probably.

We are only one year into a new, complete, 27k capacity and if his new head coach hadn't messed up this season so badly, we might well've gone from 13,8k s.ticks this season, to 15k s.ticks next. We might be getting there.

It is still early days with this. Plus, this is a wealthy area compared to Bradfud/Hudds. Give it time, Kid (and get yer bloody arse down the ground for Sunday!)

Just now, italian dave said:

I think he was. But the problem with that proposition is that a generation is a bit longer than last year, or even the last three years! 

Certainly before the reconstruction started our potential capacity was greater that 19000, even with segregation, but we never got over that figure despite knocking on the door of the premiership in one of the seasons.

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

2 next to me, friend and son have AM footy tournament- 12pm ko absolute joke 

and the 10k to rub it in 

I'd put the blame with the club that organised a tournament on City's last home game of the season, the fixtures were out last June !

There are a few times when I would have gone down this season had the west stand been fully open, but decided not to as the only available tickets wer in the front rows where you really cant see much.  The games I have seen were those where I could get a decent view.

If they charged less for the front rows, perhaps they could fill those empty seats.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Free to criticise but your ST doom mongering before the Wolves game was pretty much wide of the mark... It was fairly obvious that some were holding out until we virtually secured Championship status.

11,000 ST secured for next season and we've just started May should see a healthy number come the start of the 2017/18 season

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Certainly before the reconstruction started our potential capacity was greater that 19000, even with segregation, but we never got over that figure despite knocking on the door of the premiership in one of the seasons.

Absolutely, that season we only averaged 16,276.. capacity was around 19,500 due to segregation. Even the following season where there much optimism we would build on the playoff season we averaged only 600 more

Archived