IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

14 minutes ago, walshys shuffle said:

as an aside,will this be record recieipt for city? 24000? x16=£384000,or did the newcastle match (full price) generate more?

Of course 22,000 at full price would generate more than 24,000 at £16..?!

Not allowing for concessions, it would have been significantly higher revenue V Newcastle and Villa. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course 22,000 at full price would generate more than 24,000 at £16..?!

Not allowing for concessions, it would have been significantly higher revenue V Newcastle and Villa. 

You need to exclude season cards (13,800).  I would guess that Newcastle meant about 8,000 tickets sold @ average of £24 = £192k, a full house on Sunday would be 13,000 @ say £15  = £195k.  (Average to take account of child tickets). 

So  both matches each take nearly £200k in cash plus 1/23 of total season sales (ave £15 per match?) = approx. £400k for each game.   

These are obviously rough estimates as I have no idea what the proportion of child / concession tickets are.  

24 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

You need to exclude season cards (13,800).  I would guess that Newcastle meant about 8,000 tickets sold @ average of £24 = £192k, a full house on Sunday would be 13,000 @ say £15  = £195k.  (Average to take account of child tickets). 

So  both matches each take nearly £200k in cash plus 1/23 of total season sales (ave £15 per match?) = approx. £400k for each game.   

These are obviously rough estimates as I have no idea what the proportion of child / concession tickets are.  

I'd taken into account the STH's. I think excluding concessions, that the Newcastle & Villa average ticket price will have been more than £24. Over £30 I'd have thought..? 

25 minutes ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

Sold out 

14 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

The first 6/7 rows of W1 have not been released for sale yet. Not sure why, probably throwing distance to the Brum fans.:yawn:

It might be sold out right now, but 1,000's should be back on sale, once they've been refunded. Apparently..! 

16 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Speak to everyone in Bristol dialect on the turnstiles. Anyone looking perplexed can be sent on their way. Sorted. 

I knows what thees means, I casn't understaaand em meself sometimes and I bist from Bristle

49 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Not strictly included within gate receipts but the extra few thousand people will likely spend a few quid in the ground too, which may just nudge the overall revenue of Sunday's game past Newcastle/Villa games.

Just now, Dolman Block B said:

Only seats available in the whole stadium now is 

W1 = 172
W8 = 1
W9 = 12
Total left = 185

Reckon the club will announce a sell out by tomorrow or even later this afternoon 

They are still withholding 72 at the front of W1, but as you say would be great to announce a sell out. Can't remember the last time I was at Ashton Gate with over 26000 in attendance, happy days.

4 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

They are still withholding 72 at the front of W1, but as you say would be great to announce a sell out. Can't remember the last time I was at Ashton Gate with over 26000 in attendance, happy days.

Probably the closest for me attendance wise since 1981 . Was probably v Chelsea or v forest . Have we he'd over 26000 since then. 

1 minute ago, cynic said:

I think they may still be looking through booking histories from the Brum end.

Could be a few released in the next few days if they catch Brummies in the home ends - personally can't see a problem with it as long as they (and our own supporters) behave themselves.

A lot of them have had there tickets stopped. Won't be that many in there . Spoke to someone who would know this

I can confirm the first six rows of w1 will not be placed up for sale by the club.

it is correct a number of away fans have had tickets cancelled and refunds so we are all hoping the majority have been found that brought in home areas. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

A lot of them have had there tickets stopped. Won't be that many in there . Spoke to someone who would know this

I hope we keep the booking fee!

Just for the inconvenience they've caused.

Just now, JulieH said:

I can confirm the first six rows of w1 will not be placed up for sale by the club.

it is correct a number of away fans have had tickets cancelled and refunds so we are all hoping the majority have been found that brought in home areas. 

You'd make a very good Fans Liason Officer!

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Probably the closest for me attendance wise since 1981 . Was probably v Chelsea or v forest . Have we he'd over 26000 since then. 

What was the attendances for the Chelsea & Forest games?

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just looked it up. Chelsea was 24536. Forest was the last time we had over 26000, that was 28084 in the cup semi 1989. The last time we beat it in a league match was against Liverpool 15/03/1980 that was 27523.

Just shows that marketed right the demand is there, iwould like to think if we are successful in the years to come we will re-segregate the Atyeo and give the minimum required to away supporters and more City can watch( long way off that stage yet !!!)

19 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

Forest 89 league cup semi final for me can't think of any + 26k since that day .

Archived