IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

3 hours ago, Xiled said:

I watched City play at Forest in 1992.  Could only get a ticket in with the home fans at the Trent End.

"Thankfully" City lost the game so I didn't have to stifle any celebration.  I did have to applaud all four of their goals to keep up the pretence of being a Forest supporter.  It felt strange but better than getting my head kicked in.

Crap game that was. I was in the away end. 

Just now, cynic said:

Gotta be.Doubt anymore City fans would want to attend after the season we've had. Although saying that, we've recently picked up form and it is the last game so... :whistle:

Just now, cynic said:

It's not sold out, I was able to add a ticket to the basket (just to test the claim).

Also worth pointing out that no available tickets does not necessarily mean sold out - there could be a few more to release, and I dare say a few more Brum fans will get discovered yet.

Just now, cynic said:

There were about 16 left 10 minutes ago. If it's brummies then they should be cancelled tomorrow. Guarantee there will be trouble if the club doesn't sort it. We have a bit of a history of not being too fond of away fans in our ends 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

There were about 16 left 10 minutes ago. If it's brummies then they should be cancelled tomorrow. Guarantee there will be trouble if the club doesn't sort it. We have a bit of a history of not being too fond of away fans in our ends 

All a Brummie needs to do is get someone who doesn't live in Birmingham and doesn't have a Birmingham booking history to get them tickets. There will be loads that don't get found out.

This attendance is insane for a meaningless game, even with the discount, I'm almost certain we're looking at a large number of Birmingham fans in the top tier - possibly even more than our own!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

All a Brummie needs to do is get someone who doesn't live in Birmingham and doesn't have a Birmingham booking history to get them tickets. There will be loads that don't get found out.

This attendance is insane for a meaningless game, even with the discount, I'm almost certain we're looking at a large number of Birmingham fans in the top tier - possibly even more than our own!

Not going to argue that there's no doubt a considerable amount of Brum fans in the upper tier (maybe a few hundred) but can't see it being thousands. Last game of the season games traditionally have larger attendances, right?

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

But surely if we get masses of people buying with no history living in places like Worcester, Cheltenham, Glos' etc the club will get suspicious 

Anyone know when exactly Sunday's attendance will last have been bettered in a league game? (The Forest game in '89 and Chelsea in '90 were 29,000 and soem change and 24,535 respectively but both were cup ties, and any road it sounds like we might better the Chelsea figure).

At a guess I'd say the '79-80 season but anyone know which game? Unfortunately I don't have the trusty Rothman's on hand at present.

We've had 25,000 for derby games v the Gas in the past thirty years but if it is over 25,000 it will be the biggest league gate since the last top flight season 1979-80. It will also be he biggest gate full stop since 30,000 for the League Cup semi final v Forest in 1989.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But it's still only going to be a small number. If say 500 wanted tickets in our stand , how many of them will know someone outside of the Birmingham and surrounding area ? That are not on the Brum database, if they're not on our database either then that would flag it up surely so the club would cancel the ticket to be on the safe side i'd imagine. You could probably count that number on both hands. Or one if he's from Swindon.

8 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Anyone know when exactly Sunday's attendance will last have been bettered in a league game? (The Forest game in '89 and Chelsea in '90 were 29,000 and soem change and 24,535 respectively but both were cup ties, and any road it sounds like we might better the Chelsea figure).

At a guess I'd say the '79-80 season but anyone know which game? Unfortunately I don't have the trusty Rothman's on hand at present.

Liverpool, March 1980. 27,000.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

But it's still only going to be a small number. If say 500 wanted tickets in our stand , how many of them will know someone outside of the Birmingham and surrounding area ? That are not on the Brum database, if they're not on our database either then that would flag it up surely so the club would cancel the ticket to be on the safe side i'd imagine. You could probably count that number on both hands. Or one if he's from Swindon.

You have to remember that there are loads of Brummies living in the south west. Probably loads of Birmingham fans know someone with a south west address. Most of the businesses at clevedon, Weston etc seem to be run by Brummies.

if you lived in Birmingham you would want to move to the South West ASAP. 

Just now, sglosbcfc said:

You have to remember that there are loads of Brummies living in the south west. Probably loads of Birmingham fans know someone with a south west address. Most of the businesses at clevedon, Weston etc seem to be run by Brummies.

If you lived in Birmingham, you'd probably settle for Swindon..! 

We've had 25,000 for derby games v the Gas in the past thirty years but if it is over 25,000 it will be the biggest league gate since the last top flight season 1979-80. It will also be he biggest gate full stop since 30,000 for the League Cup semi final v Forest in 1989.

I can't think of any where it's been that high - unofficially perhaps the Jan '96 derby due to the overcrowding that night (official crowd was 20,005 if memory serves).

Even when we were both in the second tier the highest (the Donowa Derby) was somewhere around 22,000.

28 minutes ago, cynic said:

Probably, two just made available in W1 so they may well be going through the Brummie data base.

Edit - 10 now made available in W1...

Surely they only sell now to people with a purchase history with us. 

So as a one off don't accept anyone that isn't already on our database. Going to be fun whatever happens.

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I agree I'm probably overstating it a bit. However the club haven't announced that they are only selling to people with a City booking history - something they have done in the past (Leeds I recall). Only that people on the Brum database won't be allowed to buy, which is slightly different.

Perhaps our friend @JulieH could clarify.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So as a one off don't accept anyone that isn't already on our database. Going to be fun whatever happens.

The club should of taken this stance at the start of this week. They better have plenty of old bill and stewards up there to sort out any problems.

12 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Just now, milo1111 said:

The club should of taken this stance at the start of this week. They better have plenty of old bill and stewards up there to sort out any problems.

@JulieH @Mkelly could shed some light on this hopefully

32 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Not going to argue that there's no doubt a considerable amount of Brum fans in the upper tier (maybe a few hundred) but can't see it being thousands. Last game of the season games traditionally have larger attendances, right?

They do, but 4-5k more than the Blackburn game (also discounted) for a meaningless fixture? It just doesn't quite sound right to me.

My theory is that if we played in an equivalent scenario at St Andrews, we could take 5-6k. If Brum have a similar fanbase, that's potentially over 3k after a ticket. But I accept most won't get them!

42 minutes ago, harrys said:

But surely if we get masses of people buying with no history living in places like Worcester, Cheltenham, Glos' etc the club will get suspicious 

Add Burnham on Sea, WSM, Bridgwater, Taunton, Devon!! There are Brummies everywhere down this way, mates of mates with buying history can get tickets for these people. 

But.... we have heard all of this before, the Leeds lad in the Dolman that night is probably one of the only away fans who has let himself be known. Look what happened to him, any Brum who are stupid enough to ( firstly) get a ticket and ( secondly) let themselves be known in the ground, will no doubt get some visitors!. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

In terms of 4-5k more, Birmingham are bringing 2.7k whilst Blackburn brought 550.

There's 2.2k there.

Another 2k for the last game of the season is reasonable.

Very good point Cynic! Maybe it is just a combination of factors - big away following, final game, cheap tickets. Bound to be quite a few blues sneaking around though!

Archived