IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Does it REALLY matter if there are a few moody blues in the home ends? 

Nothing riding on it for us and I cant imagine there will be many South Brizzle neanderthals up in the Lansdown

Not that it'll bother me as i'll be in the Dolman but i just don't want the brummie **** wits in our stands . 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They do, but 4-5k more than the Blackburn game (also discounted) for a meaningless fixture? It just doesn't quite sound right to me.

My theory is that if we played in an equivalent scenario at St Andrews, we could take 5-6k. If Brum have a similar fanbase, that's potentially over 3k after a ticket. But I accept most won't get them!

They sold out fairly quickly tbf to them so since the last result i expect them to have bought a couple of hundred more. 

I reckon there could be as many as a thousand in the home ends.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think the club should come out with some sort of statement. There is another thread we're someone is taking his young lad in the upper stand . And has concerns and rightly so . The club need to address this IMO . And try and put people's minds at rest .

A Supporters Liason officer you would think!! I'm sure the club are doing all they can at least I bloody well hope so.

This is a MASSIVE game for Birmingham and if our stewarding is as responsive as it was when there were just a small pocket of Geordies in the SS this then it could be ridiculous!! I dread to think how long it would take an appropriate number of Police to get to the Upper Lansdown if numbers slip through the net and it does get ugly. Another question for @JulieH I guess if only to put peoples minds at ease

If they get relegated they won't go quietly 

I think people are worrying a little too much that we're going to be overrun by brummies. I'm sure there will be the odd couple of hundred spread around the ground but. This is our last game, we've stayed up, it's party time and it's cheaper. Just in the small circle of people that I know who attend every game, there are a great many more associates attending who only manage a few games per season. I think there's a great feeling of relief amongst supporters and they're taking the opportunity to have a nice relaxing experience. Our average attendance this year is higher and people want to be a part of what they see as a good thing. Chill out, enjoy the entertainment and if you see or hear a brummie, think yourself lucky you're not in their situation.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

A Supporters Liason officer you would think!! I'm sure the club are doing all they can at least I bloody well hope so.

This is a MASSIVE game for Birmingham and if our stewarding is as responsive as it was when there were just a small pocket of Geordies in the SS this then it could be ridiculous!! I dread to think how long it would take an appropriate number of Police to get to the Upper Lansdown if numbers slip through the net and it does get ugly. Another question for @JulieH I guess if only to put peoples minds at ease

If they get relegated they won't go quietly 

Worth remembering that our most hardcore support who might be more inclined to react to Brum fans won't be in the upper Lansdown. Broadly speaking it's going to be the more casual supporter up there. I'd be surprised if there was significant trouble, and since I'll be up there I hope I'm not wrong!

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I think people are worrying a little too much that we're going to be overrun by brummies. I'm sure there will be the odd couple of hundred spread around the ground but. This is our last game, we've stayed up, it's party time and it's cheaper. Just in the small circle of people that I know who attend every game, there are a great many more associates attending who only manage a few games per season. I think there's a great feeling of relief amongst supporters and they're taking the opportunity to have a nice relaxing experience. Our average attendance this year is higher and people want to be a part of what they see as a good thing. Chill out, enjoy the entertainment and if you see or hear a brummie, think yourself lucky you're not in their situation.

Just Imagine if things hadn't got sorted....one could send the other down, now THAT would get hairy !

1 hour ago, Somerset_redss said:

Glad I switched seats for my two under 10's from the dolman to lansdown upper. Ironically thought they may enjoy it up there ! Best not tell the wife of the potential trouble!

unless they are see you next Tuesdays, they should be ok    + they should never ever pick on kids          

35 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not convinced. Club announced yesterday at 4pm they had sold 24,500. That's still 2,500 short of capacity, so allowing for segregation I reckon there must still be a few more to release.

Says sold out on website now so aside from section in Atyeo that is segregated it appears we have our first sell out at the new AG?

Who would believe it for a league match that has limited consequences for Bristol City?  It's difficult to know who has actually bought all these tickets but I'm sure the revamped stadium is already doing its job in terms of bringing back good numbers of 'casual' fans when the circumstances are right.  Even with the chaos of the Bristol 10k, it should be a great atmosphere and beer/cider sales will be pretty healthy.  I can imagine the club are now ruing the decision to make the tickets so cheap.

queue.png.56d4e5c697f544e4198d4633a6a068bc.png

"Your queue number: 23133"!!!

And "You are in queue for Bristol Sport Queue Management" - does anyone check this software before releasing it on the fans?

soldout.png.a5460ed693fed74de7ade675df82c511.png

Does that mean there will be more on sale once a few more Brummies have been rooted out?

More than anything, I hope it's a trouble-free occasion.  Just seeing 24,500 people inside Ashton Gate will be a pretty amazing sight after this roller-coaster season.

From reading our visitors forum, it seems like they're thinking about a pitch invasion on Sunday. I hope not as I can't see that ending well. Let's hope JulieH and the local OB are aware of this. 

In all the years I've been going to city, I don't think I can remember anyone invading the pitch at the Gate apart from us.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

From reading our visitors forum, it seems like they're thinking about a pitch invasion on Sunday. I hope not as I can't see that ending well. Let's hope JulieH and the local OB are aware of this. 

In all the years I've been going to city, I don't think I can remember anyone invading the pitch at the Gate apart from us.

Preston joined us on the pitch for a joint pitch invasion some years back.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Preston joined us on the pitch for a joint pitch invasion some years back.

I thought that Rob but wasn't it more a case of hordes of us going towards the PNE support applauding then loads of hand shakes and back slapping when they came on (ie all friendly)? Brum appear to be planning on trying to come on anyway and they're not quite as friendly as the Lillywhites (not with us anyway).

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I thought that Rob but wasn't it more of  case of hordes of us going towards the PNE support applauding then loads of hand shakes and back slapping when they came on (ie all friendly)? Brum appear to be planning on trying to come on anyway and they're not quite as friendly as the Lillywhites (not with us anyway).

If they are celebrating staying up there won't be any problems

I always find it amazing whenever we get a decent away following in town how so many of us go into meltdown about what the opposition supporters may do - let them worry about us

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If they end up on the pitch, there would be big trouble. 

Just now, phantom said:

If they are celebrating staying up there won't be any problems

I always find it amazing whenever we get a decent away following in town how so many of us go into meltdown about what the opposition supporters may do - let them worry about us

It doesn't bother me personally phantom but I think BCFC11 is probably right if they do come on the pitch. We do have an 'element' of our own that won't take too kindly to away fans on 'our' pitch. Let's hope they don't try to get on in the first place eh!

Just now, BCFC11 said:

If they end up on the pitch, there would be big trouble. 

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sheffield Utd and Everton fans have come onto our pitch...

Archived