IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sheffield Utd and Everton fans have come onto our pitch...

The Blades one was the play off yes? That ended well didn't it? IIRC, wasn't that in the days when we gave A and B in the Dolman to away supporters?

I don't remember Everton coming on TBH. I'm certainly not saying they didn't, just that I don't remember it.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

The Blades one was the play off yes? That ended well didn't it? IIRC, wasn't that in the days when we gave A and B in the Dolman to away supporters?

I don't remember Everton coming on TBH. I'm certainly not saying they didn't, just that I don't remember it.

No the Blades one was when they got promoted automatically, it was a meaningless end of season game for us, they brought zillions of fans.

Everton fans came on during one of the FA Cup games we played against them, I think it was the one we lost 0-1 to a free kick, we had Akinbiyi up front...

Just now, harrys said:

When were Everton on the pitch?

Rovers were on the pitch, for a short time ;-)

Another one with the inevitable ending. PNE apart, I can't remember any away fans on the pitch, at the Gate, that hasn't resulted in chaos TBH. 

Everton got on the pitch both cup games in the 90's, loads of them got on when Matt Jackson scored the winner. They also got on a couple of years later when they beat us 2-0 although only a handful of them. About 40 (naughty) Stoke got on the pitch from the eastend in the mid 90's as well.

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

If they are celebrating staying up there won't be any problems

I always find it amazing whenever we get a decent away following in town how so many of us go into meltdown about what the opposition supporters may do - let them worry about us

Hardly Peaky Blinders are they.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

No the Blades one was when they got promoted automatically, it was a meaningless end of season game for us, they brought zillions of fans.

Everton fans came on during one of the FA Cup games we played against them, I think it was the one we lost 0-1 to a free kick, we had Akinbiyi up front...

Wierdly, I don't remember either of those although I would have been there. #GETTINGOLD. :(

Just now, NOTBLUE said:

Hardly Peaky Blinders are they.

Brum can have a row with the best NB. One of the 'naughtier' supporters groups TBH.

People on here are continually talking about experiences in the opposition home end, sit on your hands and no one will be any the wiser, if you react then you deserve to removed.

Some of the seats being released in singles and pairs could well be seats that have become free because the occupant has transferred to the top tier.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Remember Sheffield united. We beat them 2 0 . I was in the eastend that day as a young boy . Remember city fans singing we ****** you're party . Gate was about 10000 . Half of those Sheffield united. Chased city all over Ashton gate . My wheeto was twitching that day 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Wierdly, I don't remember either of those although I would have been there. #GETTINGOLD.

The Sheffield Utd game was just after the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989, we won 2-0, fighting started in the Dolman and spread onto the pitch. The game was stopped for a while.

The Everton game was the 4th round FA Cup tie in Jan 1995 - Matt Jackson scored a free kick winner for them and their fans ran onto the pitch...

Hope this jogs the old memory!

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Some of the seats being released in singles and pairs could well be seats that have become free because the occupant has transferred to the top tier.

Or the occupant has been found to be a Brum fan and transaction now cancelled?

Just now, phantom said:

Or the occupant has been found to be a Brum fan and transaction now cancelled?

According to one of their forums, refunds are dropping into accounts and tickets cancelled. If a supporter is on their database, they ain't getting in the home stands by the sounds of it!

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember Sheffield united. We beat them 2 0 . I was in the eastend that day as a young boy . Remember city fans singing we ****** you're party . Gate was about 10000 . Half of those Sheffield united. Chased city all over Ashton gate . My wheeto was twitching that day 

Wheeto :laugh:

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Sheffield Utd game was just after the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989, we won 2-0, fighting started in the Dolman and spread onto the pitch. The game was stopped for a while.

The Everton game was the 4th round FA Cup tie in Jan 1995 - Matt Jackson scored a free kick winner for them and their fans ran onto the pitch...

Hope this jogs the old memory!

I remember the fighting in the Dolman and the old 'schoolboys' area being an absolute war zone but don't remember it spilling on to the pitch but I have no doubt you're right. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

From reading our visitors forum, it seems like they're thinking about a pitch invasion on Sunday. I hope not as I can't see that ending well. Let's hope JulieH and the local OB are aware of this. 

In all the years I've been going to city, I don't think I can remember anyone invading the pitch at the Gate apart from us.

Preston when they got promoted. No aggro that day but this will be somewhat different.

Of course Sheffield United were on there once as well.

1 hour ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

Usual comms from city, as to what you get extra by paying almost double to sit in W13-W15?

I've got a seat in W15 and it only cost £15. 

I might bring a sturdy umbrella as it may be raining Brummies by the sounds of it. 

46 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Wierdly, I don't remember either of those although I would have been there. #GETTINGOLD. :(

Brum can have a row with the best NB. One of the 'naughtier' supporters groups TBH.

Yeah, but to best of my knowledge they don't carry guns.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

From reading our visitors forum, it seems like they're thinking about a pitch invasion on Sunday. I hope not as I can't see that ending well. Let's hope JulieH and the local OB are aware of this. 

In all the years I've been going to city, I don't think I can remember anyone invading the pitch at the Gate apart from us.

The Sags tried it , for about 15 seconds

44 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I remember the fighting in the Dolman and the old 'schoolboys' area being an absolute war zone but don't remember it spilling on to the pitch but I have no doubt you're right. :thumbsup:

Definitely did - a load of them were in fancy dress - think it may have been a mob that came from the Eastend that confronted them on the pitch

Id taken my Dad that Day and ended up having to stand my ground to try and protect him as he couldn't move fast enough and the Azzoles were throwing punches and kicks at anyone and everyone !

On 2017-5-2 at 21:11, cityexile said:

Ah, memories. Worst lie I ever told (but our secret, don't go sharing it)...

Luton of all places. Cracking game, lost 3-2, after coming back from 2-0 down. Both going for the play offs.

Anyhow, last minute living in MK, thought, sod it, just got in the car and drove down and bought a ticket on the day. City end sold out. Only when I got in did I realise I was amongst the numbties close to the City fans, giving it large. All very chatty, and picked up on my, not strong now, accent. Questions ensued. Lots of sideways looks. I laughed, pooing my pants really. I explained I lived in MK (which I did so could talk about that at length), but it was obvious I knew nothing really about the Luton side, and all I could come up with, to my eternal shame, was that I was a local Bristol Rovers fan who just fancied watching City get stuffed. At 2-0 up (or down, if you see what I mean) they even started a quick 'you are worse than Bristol Rovers' in my honour! The things I sang about Tony Thorpe that day.

I then was in the gang! Big time one of their adopted fans for the day. Best of chums. I had to overact more than I thought I was capable of every bloody attack. And no, this would not be a dull 0-0 would it!

From that day, if going in the wrong end, I have always done a little more research as to where.

Confession is good for the soul. You will not tell anyone will you.

Bet you felt muckier than John Terry's Mum!

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why do we have to have segregation anyway?  It doesnt happen in any other sport.

I used to love the banter with away fans in the old days on the terraces. We didnt have to fight each other then.

Stop segregation and come down hard on anyone wh misbehaves.

When and where did this banter with away fans happen in the "old days" ?

Segregation started sometime after 1976 and violence started meaningfully in the mid 1960's.

Never stop segregation. Segregation allows each set of fans to get together to make a noise and to be safe - and it is far easier to manage/police.

Come down hard on anyone who misbehaves? OK people will count to ten and sit on their hands in the stadium and then nail some mouthy sod on Coronation Road.

Archived