IGNORED

Rate city's performance this season....

4/10.

Can't help feeling like a wasted season? Good start and a very important good run at the end of the season ! But the middle part especially the 8 or 9 game losing streak was like losing the will to live! 

More questions than answers for me!

highlight for me has been watching Tammy, feels just like when we had Andy cole on loan then signed him. Just knew he was something special and you will be watching him score goals at a higher level.

On a personal note the second season my daughter has had a season ticket and my son ages 3 went to his first game 3-2 Barnsley! So as a parent always dreamed of following on the long tradition of watching city , so win lose or draw that's made it a bit easier to stomach this season! 

The great start and strong finish really can't make up for the horrendous mid season when I really began to have serious doubts that we would pull out of it.So for ruining almost a third of the season and some dire performances to boot only a 4.5 from me.

7 1st 3rd, 0 2nd 3rd and 8 final 3rd of season so a rather lame 5/10, could and should have been so much better but ultimately could have been a hell of a lot worse. The last 3rd of the season has shown what we are capable of and with the addition of a couple of quality players we should be looking to mid table at least next season.

4.5-5 it's not a wasted season but we weren't as good as we should've been. Only our second back up in the championship so now it's time to start gaining momentum. It's easy to look at other teams who've come up and had half decent seasons but on the other hand teams like MK Dons and Wigan who go straight back down. Have to start looking up the table now otherwise what's the point? 

4 from me. 

What the hell went so horribly wrong mid season? The Cardiff game happened and we just dropped like a stone - belief gone. I would like to think now though that the players have a stronger mentality in future.

I actually thought we were getting lucky in the first 2 months, we played 1 game really well against Fulham and the other performances I felt we got a bit of luck to win.

March until now has been mad, a 5-0 battering to an average Preston side followed by 4 wins out of 5 with a win at Champions elect Brighton.

One word to sum our season up: Confused

Have to agree with a lot written on this. I put 5 and see it as below par. The middle part of the season was a real worry , more so because when under pressure Johnson threw the players under a bus rather than keep it in house and taking the blame himself . Any decent man manager would do this, it's definitely a worry for next season.  

My pre-season thoughts which were that we should realistically be looking to:

Finish between 8th and 15th in the table 

Enjoy a much better FA Cup campaign, the 6th round would be good 

Keep hold of our best / key players

Develop younger players

Secure a bigger fan base, which really gets behind the team and does not moan as much!

Read and see far more positive things about BCFC on social media and the media in general

Continue on the exciting journey towards a sustainable / successful future

Ensure that away teams / fans leave Ashton Gate knowing it is a very special / atmospheric place, packed with brilliant facilities and supporters and as LJ says it becomes a fortress

View the 2016/17 season as a major step towards reaching the Premiership 

If I were rating just the on-field performance this season it would be a 5, however, when considering everything I would rate it a 6.5.

4. While I am happy that we have hit form, anyone who supports this club knows that we often finish strongly in the final few games. For me, it is not indicative of progress. If anything, we could regress unless we somehow find an Abraham replacement. It was physically painful to support this club at certain stages of the season, and there is nothing more I would love than to see us progress next season but that (RECORD BREAKING) run cannot be forgotten too easily.

56 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being excllent (think 2014/5 season) 1 being utter disaster... rate city's performance this season.... personally I'd give it 5/10.....

How's it a 5?

2/3.

Archived