IGNORED

Rate city's performance this season....

2...on the basis that 0 would be a poor relegation and 1 would be relegated but putting up a fight. Let's face it, we just missed the drop by pulling promotion form out of the bag with a month to go.

Can't recall a season where we had so much talent in the squad and so abjectly failed to exploit it. At times we plunged the depths...I can recall worse City sides struggling, but never a side so completely falling apart as we did at home to Reading....no excuse. Baffling.

A frustrating in the extreme! Must do better.

Overall, only just seen this thread.

I reckon 4/10. The games I listed in another thread were a positive and the League Cup run was good- we could conceivably have beat Hull as well, thought we played quite well that evening.

People say Cardiff was the one where it began to unravel...unsure I agree, I think Brighton at home. After Cardiff we still drew one, won one, lost one so you know steady if unspectacular.

Brighton onwards though- well 11 losses in 12, which encompassed a record losing loss of 8 games- speaks for itself. I was thinking about this the other day and who knows how we would have gone on with a draw or even a win that evening? The circs were great- we were in and around top 6, we had won 6, drawn 1 and lost only one- to Newcastle- at home. Ashton Gate was a fortress, under the floodlights, in front of Sky, crowd was up for it...I look back at that game and truly wonder. Tomlin missed a great chance after a few mins, Brighton are quite a counterattacking side- for me that's the game that derailed our season.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 21:20, milo1111 said:

5 for me. We had tammy and still ended up in our annual championship relegation battle. Painful run between nov to feb. Johnson has got out of jail and fair play to him in the end at least for turning it around when we appeared goners.

He deserves another stab next season. Just about. But he must of used up all of his lives and the excuses must stop next season. If we are down there again after 15-20 games next time round he has to go.

15-20 games that's generous, I think 10 games tops.

I'd go for a 3/10.

We're near the bottom of the table, and frankly I don't think we were going to do a lot better than we did. We had made a ton of good signings on paper, and I think most of us were looking forward to the season after last seasons transfer debacles.

However, our performances have been lacking, and we've largely been saved by a few good signings alongside some questionable ones. Also, once again, the board have been called into question for their handling of club affairs, namely their approach of signing youngsters with potential. It's hardly a bad plan, but a squad needs balance, and our current squad doesn't have any balance. We signed the following youngsters this year:

• O'Dowda
  • Abraham
  • Moore
  • Magnusson
  • Engvall

None of them have experience, and none of them have won in the past. That winning mentality is extremely important, and it's what this club has sorely lacked for a number of years now. I'm all for signing youth, but when you pair a bunch of inexperienced players up with an inexperienced manager what do you expect to happen? To a certain point, quality is irrelevant, and what you need is a team of decent players that can grind out results over the space of a long season.

Performances on the pitch have been an issue, but it's the board that bring down the overall score for me. I hope that Lansdown, LJ, and Ashton learn from this season and sign some players that have won something in the past, whether it's the Championship, Serie B, anything.

Archived