IGNORED

Travel information etc ahead of Sunday's game - please read! (merged)

INCRED

• The topic was pinned

Ashton Court will have match day parking this Sunday via the Ashton Road entrance, I assume this is the car park next to the Ashton Pub.

£4 parking but you must have a match day ticket or ST.

So it does seem at last BCC is trying to help with parking and transport at Ashton Gate.

Its just a pity that LA park and ride can not be used.

because the buses normally leave the set down/pick up area via an exit that is designed to turn right (towards Bristol). - I'm sure it's not possible for the bus to turn left ( too tight an angle) towards the M5. As Thornbury Red says the buses will run via Gordano.........along with all the other traffic Normally the last bus leaves 40 minutes before ko - on Sunday it's 1 hour & 40 minutes before presumably because of the much longer route

Emailed Abus for their timings and routes on Sunday. They are running, but a changed route. Their reply.

"We cannot serve Temple Meads or any of the normal stops after Temple Meads. We will pick up at Totterdown Bridge or the stop on Wells Road above the Three Lamps Junction. We will operate via St Johns Lane. The return from the ground should only need a slight diversion to avoid Anchor Road.

In reply to where on Totterdown Bridge, Alan has replied with "on A4 just before lights heading towards town at 1100hrs or just before".

As usual, a brilliant service from Abus. £1 each way, with your season card.

Just to add a bit of info for people coming from the North of Bristol ( there are some of us!!). there are engineering works on the Severn Beach to TM line so there is a bus replacement service instead... as I'd planned to get the train from Montpelier ( to avoid bus issues going down Glos Rd and into town - which with the 10k closures there undoubtedly will be!) this now means back to the drawing board!! Does anyone know which roads ( if any) are closed to pedestrians???

2 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Just to add a bit of info for people coming from the North of Bristol ( there are some of us!!). there are engineering works on the Severn Beach to TM line so there is a bus replacement service instead... as I'd planned to get the train from Montpelier ( to avoid bus issues going down Glos Rd and into town - which with the 10k closures there undoubtedly will be!) this now means back to the drawing board!! Does anyone know which roads ( if any) are closed to pedestrians???

Katie,

The 71 from anywhere on Gloucester Road goes to Bower Ashton. It is rerouted and now goes via Redcliffe Hill and Coronation Rd. Going a bit earlier as bound to get delayed along this route. 

Just a little update (or not!) on the Portway Park and Ride.

Asked the driver this morning if the car park was open on Sunday.

Drive - "No, not running on Sunday"

GR - "How about parking for the Ashton Gate buses?"

Drive - :dunno:

So, none the wiser!!

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Just a little update (or not!) on the Portway Park and Ride.

Asked the driver this morning if the car park was open on Sunday.

Drive - "No, not running on Sunday"

GR - "How about parking for the Ashton Gate buses?"

Drive - :dunno:

So, none the wiser!!

It is running, it's just taking a different route to get to AG. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

But those that want to use the Portway Park and Ride to get to the game will be able to :) 

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/travel-arrangements-and-bus-changes-for-final-day-3693910.aspx

Right, lets start again.

The everyday, run of the mill 902 Portway park and ride service, IS NOT operating on Sunday.

The AG1 buses (4 of them), which run from Portway park and ride site, are running but not using the Portway.

The car park (which I was trying to find out about for those who wanted to know) would appear not to be open (according to the driver I spoke to), because the Portway park and ride (or 902 service to be precise) IS NOT running.

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Right, lets start again.

The everyday, run of the mill 902 Portway park and ride service, IS NOT operating on Sunday.

The AG1 buses (4 of them), which run from Portway park and ride site, are running but not using the Portway.

The car park (which I was trying to find out about for those who wanted to know) would appear not to be open (according to the driver I spoke to), because the Portway park and ride (or 902 service to be precise) IS NOT running.

I understand your points,  but presumably the driver didn't know because he's not one of those due to be driving one of the 4 AG1 buses on Sunday, and doesn't know about the arrangements for Sunday.

The car park has been open before (for football AG1 bus)  when the 902 has not been running.

Logically they wouldn't run the PARK and Ride ....if there's no "PARK",  imagine the complaints from residents about cars dumped in side streets.  I've said before - in my opinion - the only reason the bus is picking up outside is because the exit road layout won't allow the bus to turn left towards the M5 (it's too tight an angle).

However that's only my guess , clarification has been sought before on the forum and Julie just replied quoting the link posted by Dolly - which isn't clear on the parking issue.

The exit !

Just now, CodeRed said:

I understand your points,  but presumably the driver didn't know because he's not one of those due to be driving one of the 4 AG1 buses on Sunday, and doesn't know about the arrangements for Sunday.

The car park has been open before (for football AG1 bus)  when the 902 has not been running.

Logically they wouldn't run the PARK and Ride ....if there's no "PARK",  imagine the complaints from residents about cars dumped in side streets.  I've said before - in my opinion - the only reason the bus is picking up outside is because the exit road layout won't allow the bus to turn left towards the M5 (it's too tight an angle).

However that's only my guess , clarification has been sought before on the forum and Julie just replied quoting the link posted by Dolly - which isn't clear on the parking issue.

Quite possibly, like I say, i was just trying to find out for those that wanted clarification.

Not bothered myself as I only live a 2 minute walk away!!

21 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Possibly a stupid question but where on Ashton Road is the entrance to the Ashton Court car park? Next to the Ashton Pub or the entrance further west towards Long Ashton. 

Thanks 

Nope, the other way. Where the entrance to UWE is. Turn off like you're going to go under the road towards the ground, but go left at that roundabout (like you're going to drive up the North Somerset side of the suspension bridge) and then turn left where the signs are for UWE (just before the cricket club) and into Ashton Court that way. I think that's right isn't it @JulieH

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope, the other way. Where the entrance to UWE is. Turn off like you're going to go under the road towards the ground, but go left at that roundabout (like you're going to drive up the North Somerset side of the suspension bridge) and then turn left where the signs are for UWE (just before the cricket club) and into Ashton Court that way. I think that's right isn't it @JulieH

Yes that is what I am told 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

The exit !

I've just rung first bus. The person I spoke to said the car park will be open. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

24 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Capture.PNG

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't mean to be rude @ChippenhamRed but info all here 

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/

No need to patronise me Phantom, I know how to use the internet. I did a search on thetrainline for trains to Parson Street and there was nothing until 4pm. I hadn't seen it mentioned elsewhere so I thought I'd query it on here for the benefit of myself and others. I'm not a regular user of the trains so I and didn't know if this was a normal state of affairs on a Sunday.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thanks for the responses ladies but I am now more confused :dunno:

The entrance you mention is on Kennel Lodge Road and would be quite a small car park if limited to the hardstanding area. The following is from the BCFC website which states the entrance is off Ashton Road (B3128).

Parking at Ashton Court Estate

Stewarded car parking will be available from 9.30am-4pm. Entry to the car park will be off the Ashton Road (B3128). The parking will solely for City fans, who will be asked to show their match ticket before they’re allowed to park there. There will be a charge of £4 per car.

Sorry to be a pain I just don't want to be driving round in circles in queues of traffic raising my blood pressure......... I might just then need to take it out on a Brummie in the wrong area :bruce_h4h: 

Archived