IGNORED

SL on talksport at 1215 today....

'Orns

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Jim White said he'd try to get him on after @Bob Bob Super Bob spoke to him a few weeks ago when things looked pretty bleak. As you say , interesting timing coming on now. Should be worth a listen all the same.

To be fair to SL he did front up on radio bris in the darkest hours pre wolves and after forest away on tv. I didnt like what he said and still think johnson is a lucky boy to still be here but just because he hasnt been on talksport doesnt mean he has hidden away like a coward. Far from it.

Just now, milo1111 said:

To be fair to SL he did front up on radio bris in the darkest hours pre wolves and after forest away on tv. I didnt like what he said and still think johnson is a lucky boy to still be here but just because he hasnt been on talksport doesnt mean he has hidden away like a coward. Far from it.

No i'm not saying he's been a coward, just easier on local media rather than national when things aren't rosy perhaps . He can certainly promote the club in it's best light today. Iv'e had a right go at SL in the past few months but as it stands his decisions have been vindicated so fair play to him. We all want what we think is the best for the club at the end of the day , we're all City fans.

There's no chance imo he'll mention specific transfer targets . He might say " It'll be great to get him back but Chelsea may have something to say about that. 

We got no chance on earth of getting him back here anyway,if he doesn't stay at Chelsea he'll be on loan at a lower mid table prem team next season.

LJ has already mentioned we will be in the hat for him. As he has been on loan to us, I don't see there being a problem in stating our intentions. After all, if we're going to go places, we need to compete for the better players. We also need to show Tammy how much we want him to stay

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

LJ has already mentioned we will be in the hat for him. As he has been on loan to us, I don't see there being a problem in stating our intentions. After all, if we're going to go places, we need to compete for the better players. We also need to show Tammy how much we want him to stay

well lets see what he says, you make a good point .

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Good opportunity for SL to say he was right not to sack LJ....

Not really.

With the position we were in, and the awful results, it was an incredibly risky gamble to take with City's Championship status.

The upturn since PNE has been astonishing, near miraculous, and could not have been foreseen by anyone, and that includes SL.

What if there hadn't been the phenomenal run of results to pull City clear?

Would he have shown the same obstinacy and taken the same gamble on any other City manager not called Lee Johnson?

How could he possibly have explained his decision to stick with LJ today if City had been relegated, because the faith he will no doubt say he had in LJ was shared by almost no one, and but for Fielding's early save against Wolves things could so easily have gone the other way.

Archived