IGNORED

Birmingham Team

Selred

Just now, Selred said:

Who do we think will be starting on Sunday?

I'm up for Lucic starting and McCoulsky coming on in final 30. Apart from that I want to really go at B'ham with a full strength team.

It will be the same starting eleven and then we can criticise LJ For never changing things around . 

:yes:

I would like to see a couple of squad and younger players be involved. But expect the starting line up to be more or less the same. Maybe SM getting a start . Other teams could be depending on us . And I think it would disrespectful to them if we completely changed it . Take note HTFC

23 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Pick a team to win and make the most of this disappointing season!

Absolutely, I'm looking forward to Sunday and I expected us to go for 3 points. Pick the best team and end the season on a high. 

19 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

If we experiment next week, then I think you'll have to admit that Birmingham have been very, very lucky for these last two games. Same side, and do everything we can to win the game. We'd want the same..

Sometimes experiments get you a debut hat-trick hero!

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Same line up, as others said SM deserves a bench place, otherwise as you were. We owe that to Forest and Blackburn.

We owe nothing to Forest or Blackburn . It's not us who got them into their respective pickles . 

However the club owe something to the weary faithful Red Army who deserve a decent game of football.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Strong side please, like to see Birmingham stuffed.

McCoulsky on for Tammy with 10 to go (gives SM a run out and lets us give Tammy a send off).

This.

Would love to see McCoulsky alongside Taylor. Think it might work well. Especially if we are passing the ball rather than lumping it up directly to Tammy and Matty.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Strong side please, like to see Birmingham stuffed.

McCoulsky on for Tammy with 10 to go (gives SM a run out and lets us give Tammy a send off).

Agreed, I'd love to see a confident performance to end the season...and to see Tammy Abraham get the standing ovation his performances this season deserve.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We owe nothing to Forest or Blackburn . It's not us who got them into their respective pickles . 

However the club owe something to the weary faithful Red Army who deserve a decent game of football.

Perhaps not the teams as such, but certainly to the integrity of the game. If we had a chance of going down this Sunday we'd all be writing to the FA about Huddersfield. I'm all for utilising a squad but that was disgraceful. That was more my point.

Same line up as Brighton.

The only change would be McCoulsky on the bench to come on, as others have said, for Tammy after he scores a hat trick and gets a fantastic ovation and send off from the fans.

This stays with him and he decides to come back next year to repay the love.

8 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Start with a strong team, make changes if we need to affect the outcome of the game or if we are already ahead. Plenty of criticism around about Huddersfield, the same should apply to us.

I agree the Huddersfield situation, whilst in my view understandable, does leave a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth.

The situations are very different however. It is our last match of the season, no reason not to try and finish on a high. If we had qualified for the play offs after this however I would be much more protective of players like Tammy in this match. 

Got to be the same starting eleven we've had for the last five matches, we want to finish as high as possible and a 24k crowd needs to see a good performance to try and entice them to come back next season.

Im all for giving SM fifteen minutes at the end.

16 hours ago, Tiree said:

Major is correct. This Forum is for complaining. At least at this point in time it is not about the team nor manager nor owner we support but Forums are there for moaners; take a look at every other Forum as you'll see what i mean. Even Chelski complain about the treatment of an ex captian, Spurs complain they are being heralded as better than Arsenal but again they win SFA whereas AFC win FA Cups, etc etc

BTW I think OTIB is as good as any i have read, just it was not at all pleasant reading in the winter when we could have been more constructive in the criticism of certain aspects of SL's club.

He may own the club and pay the bills, but it's still the fans club as much as his.

Only decision to be made for me is whether Mark Little plays or not.

He and the club will already know if he will be offered a new contract, if he is then he should start, if not then Vyner or Taylor Moore should.

No point in Geifer being on the bench either, so another opportunity for Max O'Leary to be involved.

7 minutes ago, Tiree said:

On what basis?

When you pay for a pint of beer does that make you a shareholder or the owner of the brewery? Dont think so. Life and ownership is about putting money into a business not just paying for the privilege of eating, drinking, watching when you actually dont own anything. Spirituall it has been 'my club' for 45 years buit that means i follow/support BCFC rather than any other team. I have never had any ownership nor will you, with respect

The fans come to the match and pay their way, if he chooses to spunk his money away on poor decisions that's his business.

Are you really are comparing supporting a football club that's been around since 1894 with having a pint from a brewery?

The club is not a 'product' in the usual sense of the word, I'm sure my  grandfather drank Watney's Red barrel back in the day but I've not spent my entire life following Watney's.  I'm concerned some people are losing what the club should be about.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He and the club will already know if he will be offered a new contract, if he is then he should start, if not then Vyner or Taylor Moore should.

No point in Geifer being on the bench either, so another opportunity for Max O'Leary to be involved.

Vyner had a good game away at Newcastle IMO and wouldn't mind seeing him come on for the last 15 or so. 

I would like to see Djuric come on for the last 10 as well....heck lets make 10 changes  :shifty: 

Just now, Tiree said:

Poor decisions; what like? appointing an Exec to plan, design and build a new stadium, like appoint a manager to get us promoted from league 1 and buy 5 top players who go on and do ok in the Championship, to win a double, to get rid of SC, a legend, to appoint a young coach to save us from relegation, to stick with him when ***** like you wanted him sacked, to be the best owner the club has ever had. What bad decision exactly are you talking about. Maybe you are referring to one of the other 80+ clubs that are not run as well as Bristol City?

Relax, enjoy the moment and have a look at the glass; it is more than half full.

Crikey, for someone that compared supporting a football club to buying a pint from a brewery you appear quite angry.

Just now, Tiree said:

Poor decisions; what like? appointing an Exec to plan, design and build a new stadium, like appoint a manager to get us promoted from league 1 and buy 5 top players who go on and do ok in the Championship, to win a double, to get rid of SC, a legend, to appoint a young coach to save us from relegation, to stick with him when ***** like you wanted him sacked, to be the best owner the club has ever had. What bad decision exactly are you talking about. Maybe you are referring to one of the other 80+ clubs that are not run as well as Bristol City?

Relax, enjoy the moment and have a look at the glass; it is more than half full.

Woah wouldn't say we are ran better than 80 out of the 92. We are lucky though as you say and i was one who started criticising SL and had we have gone down I think I would have asked for a change. Why?? Because I completely lost my head at how the season and performances were going , money spent etc. 

Now obviously it comes across as fickle but thats how majority of supporters are nowadays. Results improved and im dead happy with us staying up let alone the potential to finish 15th!

Same strong starting eleven, bar any changes forced by injury.

I'd put the likes of Vyner and McC on the bench and look give them some minutes if we are doing well, but personally; after this mare of a season, I want us closing it out with a home win, and giving us the chance of finishing as high as 15th.

That would mean we'd end on a handful more points than last season, and finish on an improved league position - admittedly a small improvement, but it's all about the aggregation of marginal gains; if that makes us even slightly more appealing a destination for the key players we need in the summer, then that is something.

Plus; if Birmingham want to stay in this division, we should make them earn it - understand Huddersfield's logic in resting players, but we have no playoffs to worry about, so it's just another game to win.

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Taylor Moore can`t play as he`s still technically a Bury player until the window opens.

Don`t want a points deduction for playing an unregistered player!

On 2017-5-2 at 17:03, Tiree said:

Major is correct. This Forum is for complaining. At least at this point in time it is not about the team nor manager nor owner we support but Forums are there for moaners; take a look at every other Forum as you'll see what i mean. Even Chelski complain about the treatment of an ex captian, Spurs complain they are being heralded as better than Arsenal but again they win SFA whereas AFC win FA Cups, etc etc

BTW I think OTIB is as good as any i have read, just it was not at all pleasant reading in the winter when we could have been more constructive in the criticism of certain aspects OF SL'S CLUB? 

Hate the bit I highlighted in capitals

Archived