IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Major Isewater

Will he break through next season ? 

He improved this year but just as he started producing some sort of consistency he was dropped.

At times this season he's looked really good but once again not broken through .

Joe Bryan has had a frustrating season but been a regular .

Do we stick with Bobby ? 

He's certainly good enough to be in our squad and probably costs relatively little in wages. No reason to get rid. A flat 442 doesn't suit him though. Best played further forward like he was for the last part of the Brighton game. 

He's got ability but not enough end product imo. Misses reasonable chances on a regular basis. If he hadn't come through the academy I think he would have gone already. Time for him to move on to a L1 team as that's probably his level. Maybe Plymouth will be interested as he did well on loan there?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He improved this year but just as he started producing some sort of consistency he was dropped.

At times this season he's looked really good but once again not broken through .

Do we stick with Bobby ? 

too weak not gonna make it league one or two

"Theo Walcott syndrome"  has some good days but not enough of them. But as he showed promise from a young age everyone still views him a young! 

* just realised he is younger than me and now wish to backtrack. Bobby is in fact full of energy and eternal youth and definitely not "old" therefore deserves a contract.

18 minutes ago, WR5 said:

"Theo Walcott syndrome"  has some good days but not enough of them. But as he showed promise from a young age everyone still views him a young! 

* just realised he is younger than me and now wish to backtrack. Bobby is in fact full of energy and eternal youth and definitely not "old" therefore deserves a contract.

That is pretty hard on theo Walcott ...I would have loved Reid to have anywhere near an eigth of thr great games Walcott has but  I totally get where your coming from 

He's 24 yet still gets treated as if he's still 'up and coming'. Should've been sold a few years back. If we're still having a debate on whether he's good enough or not for the 4th season In a row, at his age, the answer is clear imo

The likes of Paterson and Brownhill are 2 more in front of BR in the pecking order now and rightly so. Much more consistent all round players.

Bobby has exciting moments in games but overall he doesn't contribute anything like enough and he's been flattering to deceive for several years.

He's always gives his best, but if he wasn't a Bristolian Academy product that best would have been recognised as not good enough some time ago.

That run of about 10 consecutive misses seems to have done for him in LJ's eyes this season, previous to that LJ seemed to be almost building his formation - in fact he actually said he was - around getting BR into space so he could excel and get shots in.

I've been saying it for a while but it really is time he moved on for the sake of his career; he'll certainly never be a regular for City at this level.

Time for much younger Academy graduates -  like Dowling - to get their chance in the City squad, and that means a graduate who made his debut 6 years ago, and has yet to convince, needs to be moved on.

Started the season well, continuing on from the end of last season, but then lost confidence when he missed sitters in 3 or 4 games at the start of the losing run. A very good technical footballer but seems to be very much a confidence player. I think he could still have a role here, but we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a League One team either. Personally, I'd like to see Bobby stay.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do we stick with Bobby ? 

Maybe. Depends who we bring in during the summer.

Doesn't score enough for the chances he gets, blows majorly hot and cold, does better off the bench rather than starting, can't help but feel that he's going to get left behind if he doesn't push on next season. Could end up a lot like Wes Burns.

I think bobby’s non-involvement is not due to his ability or being out of favour, but due to him being an attacking central midfielder in a 442 that doesn’t have attacking central midfielders. If we can take one positive from this season, it is that the manager we have next season (whether we like it or not) has finally realised that picking the best players for a formation works better than forcing his best eleven players into a formation. I feel one of the main reasons for our run of bad form is due to him trying to fit tomlin into a team. Bobby is just a casualty of that too. LJ tried fitting him in over the season, but the formation that has worked for us in our turnaround of form has no place for him, unless he can adapt to playing on the wing like brownhill has.

I genuinely can't believe we've got this far in the thread without anyone using the word 'liability'.

It's the word that best describes BR sadly. He's like a downgrade on Tomlin, only less flair but loses the ball in more dangerous positions.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I genuinely can't believe we've got this far in the thread without anyone using the word 'liability'.

It's the word that best describes BR sadly. He's like a downgrade on Tomlin, only less flair but loses the ball in more dangerous positions.

He has been better than Tomlin this season.

Archived