IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Average(very)squad player at Championship level,and not a player I would see starting in a side with playoff ambition.

I think Lee will keep him,but post third window expect a mostly cameo..

Play off ambition !! We are a million miles away from that . Have you watched most of the season ? 

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

He was our second top scorer at that time so 'yes he was'.

I don't think someone who's scored 3 league goals really merits mention in the top scorer category.

It certainly isn't an indication his all round game is sufficient, which it clearly wasn't.

I like him.

Not super consistent, but then he plays for us...  Might not be a world-beater, but think he offers something as part of squad at this level.

However, do realise he might fall in the 'needs a move' bracket, and did think when I saw Plymouth were finally out of League Two; "might be a decent move for Bobby" considering how well he did there, and for all the doubts he'll make it at Championship level, I've pretty much zero concerns that he'd do very well in League One.

I've no problem with him staying; played well earlier in the season, in my eyes, and we've written off the likes of Paterson earlier this year, only for him to come back strong.

And as said elsewhere; I would play him above Tomlin for work rate alone.

I think we're in a position where we don't actively need to do anything. If he was out of contract then he probably hasn't done enough to earn a new one. But having here next year as a squad player is no bad thing, he might kick on might not but probably isn't costing that much in wages. If some come in for him with a reasonable offer then fine but we don't need to and probably wouldn't get a huge sum for him anyway. So I think this is literally a case of do nothing proactive, assume he'll be here if he goes he goes.

Said it before and will say it again...

With players like Bobby Reid the best we can hope for is another relegation battle.

Sounds harsh and he is playing at a level 99% of people only dream of but simply put he isn't good enough for a team with any true premier league ambition.

Could see him doing well at a Rotherham or Wigan in league one.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

sarky *****  where has he been the last three months hes not eighteen anymore Bcfc 90 suggests you are a novice aswell say no more

No offence but that is a pretty stupid thing to say , why exactly am I a novice ? 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I genuinely can't believe we've got this far in the thread without anyone using the word 'liability'.

It's the word that best describes BR sadly. He's like a downgrade on Tomlin, only less flair but loses the ball in more dangerous positions.

Downgrade suggests you can go from one point to the other.  If you cut off one of Tomlin's legs and blindfolded him he'd still be better than Reid.

56 minutes ago, Super said:

He has been better than Tomlin this season.

:facepalm: 

19 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Downgrade suggests you can go from one point to the other.  If you cut off one of Tomlin's legs and blindfolded him he'd still be better than Reid.

:facepalm: 

Tomlin has been shocking. 

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Tomlin has been shocking. 

I don't agree with that.  Even if it was the case, he'd still be far better than Reid.

I'm always amazed when people think that Bobby Reid is a good footballer.

Just now, Chivs said:

I don't agree with that.  Even if it was the case, he'd still be far better than Reid.

I'm always amazed when people think that Bobby Reid is a good footballer.

So you think tomlin has had a good season?

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Started the season well, continuing on from the end of last season, but then lost confidence when he missed sitters in 3 or 4 games at the start of the losing run. A very good technical footballer but seems to be very much a confidence player. I think he could still have a role here, but we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a League One team either. Personally, I'd like to see Bobby stay.

Fair appraisal.  I was one who has said for the last few seasons that it's make or break for him, yet he came out this season, playing very well, and I thought he'd finally justified himself.  Unfortunately it was the peak.  So I'm again asking the make or break question.  Daft as it might sound, I'd rather keep Reid than Tomlin.  Then again, most people know my views on Lee.

1 hour ago, Bobfish said:

I think bobby’s non-involvement is not due to his ability or being out of favour, but due to him being an attacking central midfielder in a 442 that doesn’t have attacking central midfielders. If we can take one positive from this season, it is that the manager we have next season (whether we like it or not) has finally realised that picking the best players for a formation works better than forcing his best eleven players into a formation. I feel one of the main reasons for our run of bad form is due to him trying to fit tomlin into a team. Bobby is just a casualty of that too. LJ tried fitting him in over the season, but the formation that has worked for us in our turnaround of form has no place for him, unless he can adapt to playing on the wing like brownhill has.

Very sensible!

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Thought he looked like one of our best players at times earlier in the season. Always looked better alongside someone like pack, and not in behind tammy. He frustratingly got dropped and we didn't see him for a while. And when he came back in, he started making silly mistakes. I would have him as back up to pack or Smith. I really think he has what it takes. Just needs to learn to not be so clever in defensive areas when receiving the ball. 

That's true.  When I first saw him play in 13/14, I thought he played poorly alongside Pack, but much better alongside Marv.  Shows how much Pack has developed.  Crucial player imho.  As for Bobby, another close-season where he might be wondering what's next.

1 hour ago, Bcfc90 said:

No offence but that is a pretty stupid thing to say , why exactly am I a novice ? 

well judging in the comments on here i think most are agreeing hes not consistant and strong enough for championship football we were not struggling all season because we were good enough one of several to join the wes burns club how long do you want to keep him he hasnt kicked on why do i no nothing about football no offence

I'd keep Bobby.  Really don't know what he did wrong to get dropped when he was one of our better players at the start of the season.

What I'd really like is for Tomlin to live his Loyal Love (or whatever it is) rather than just using it as a brand.  Take a long hard look at yourself, get into shape over the summer, and make the most if the talent you have.

Him and Bobby together can be unplayable against the right opposition.  

2 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I'd keep Bobby.  Really don't know what he did wrong to getdrilopped when he was one-off our better players  at the stray of the season.

What I'd really like is for Tomlin to live his Loyal Love (or whatever it is) rather than just using it as a brand.  Take a long hard look at yourself, get into shape over the summer, and make the most if the talent you have.

Him and Bobby together can be unplayable against the right opposition.  

yes i wish that aswell but if he was slim an fit i doubt whether hed be playing for us 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Play off ambition !! We are a million miles away from that . Have you watched most of the season ? 

Completely agree-paying reference to the "ambitions" of SL,Lee 'three windows and the king of spin,MA..

Stuck me hat in 15th this year before a ball was kicked,and wouldn't see us being too far off that next season in all honesty under the same coaching team-minus another record breaking run I hope!

3 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yes i wish that aswell but if he was slim an fit i doubt whether hed be playing for us 

Undoubtedly, if he was at the end of last season he could well have gone elsewhere,.  Not sure how long q contract he is on but we have him for now.

Brownhill and Pato have been outstanding, but it's a long season.  We need players like Bobby and (a fit) Tomlin too.

Yea I don't think he should've ever been dropped to be fair. Take pens away from Tomlin and they've scored a similar amount of goals this season and Tomlin has played a bit more. He doesn't fit the flat 442 and therefore he has been rightly sitting on the bench. I'm not sure we can play 442 all year next year(maybe we can depends on who replaces TA) so if we need a 4411 Bobby can play behind the striker and he wasn't terrible playing a little deeper but agree that puts him in bad positions on the pitch when he loses the ball. 

You never know what injuries may occur and he probably isn't on huge wages. I wouldn't be gutted if he left but I'm a fan and think it's low risk high reward keeping him around. 

Archived