IGNORED

EFL live streaming for oversea fans

iamalagerdrinker

2 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/efl-live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-fans-3703898.aspx

Great idea but a little annoyed we in the UK won't be able to access it. Would be willing to pay considering I live up north and struggle to get down to Bristol 

Would never happen domestically due to the 3pm rule.

32 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/efl-live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-fans-3703898.aspx

Great idea but a little annoyed we in the UK won't be able to access it. Would be willing to pay considering I live up north and struggle to get down to Bristol 

You'll be able to watch it! If you can use Google you'll be watching all 46 of our games next season. 

As someone not renewing this is great news!!!

53 minutes ago, New2City said:

As a US-based fan, I'm very happy about this. And the price doesn't seem too bad at £110

Same here - I'm really excited about this and the price is dead reasonable.

I'll almost certainly subscribe and scale back some of my cable services - they do have EFL live games and highlights on BEIn Sports but I also have Fox Soccer which I pay through the nose for and seldom watch.

I don't see in the article how you actually go about subscribing though but perhaps more details will be released in due course.

Well done to the EFL on this. The demand is there.

Didn't @AdamB state last week (or the week before) that city were going it alone and so they won't be on this ifollow platform. I'd take the information with a pinch of salt, as I don't think it will necessarily apply. Having said that I hope City are as confident that they can provide a better offering.

I expect live UK streaming to follow within a couple of years, especially if these streams are widely illegally spread in the uk. Pehaps with a local blackout zone. Either that or they will abandon the whole thing. I'd definately pay £5 per game to stream away fixtures.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Didn't @AdamB state last week (or the week before) that city were going it alone and so they won't be on this ifollow platform. I'd take the information with a pinch of salt, as I don't think it will necessarily apply. Having said that I hope City are as confident that they can provide a better offering.

I expect live UK streaming to follow within a couple of years, especially if these streams are widely illegally spread in the uk. Pehaps with a local blackout zone. Either that or they will abandon the whole thing. I'd definately pay £5 per game to stream away fixtures.

It usually does. People will always get round it illegally so why not make it legal with a reliable stream that`s not likely to infect your pc and charge for it?

47 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

How would that work if were away to a club that has signed up?

It reads as if all clubs have the rights to stream overseas but 11 clubs have opted to use a different streaming platform than the standard one.

I think there would be gentlemans agreement about sharing streams in this scenario you describe. 

Oh the subject of VPNS & PayPal payments I should of remembered this really.. When the WWE Network came out (yes I like wrestling) it was US exclusive. I downloaded Hula + on Google Chrome & set myself to US location, for my address I literally just made up a random house in the States and used that and it worked fine in fact still now I'm getting charged like £6 because I pay in $$$ rather than the UK price of £9.99

Archived