IGNORED

EFL live streaming for oversea fans

iamalagerdrinker

4 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Oh the subject of VPNS & PayPal payments I should of remembered this really.. When the WWE Network came out (yes I like wrestling) it was US exclusive. I downloaded Hula + on Google Chrome & set myself to US location, for my address I literally just made up a random house in the States and used that and it worked fine in fact still now I'm getting charged like £6 because I pay in $$$ rather than the UK price of £9.99

If there's a monthly price option and not a year contract I might be tempted to try this.

19 hours ago, old_eastender said:

The article says we are one of 11 clubs not signed up:

However, the EFL says that 11 clubs still have the provision to offer the streaming through their own digital providers including Aston Villa, Bristol City, Queens Park Rangers and Accrington Stanley.

Does this mean our games won't be included?

I'd suggest don't do anything until BCFC confirm what they are doing.

I understand why they are going it on their own, however, they need to pull their finger out and let everyone know what they are up to so that there is no confusion amongst fans e.g. fans buying a service that just doesn't work because they misunderstood all the sales pitches etc.

As to addresses abroad, has anyone tried hotel address with a pre-paid/travel CC?

45 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I'd assume that whatever City are doing for home games, all away games (other than maybe those at the other opt out clubs) will be on this service.

I'd assume the same, which to me makes going it alone for home streaming an odd decision as viewers would have to sign-up (and pay if doing it legit) for 2 services instead of 1.

Definitely a case of waiting to understand what we are doing before signing-up for anything.

14 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'd assume the same, which to me makes going it alone for home streaming an odd decision as viewers would have to sign-up (and pay if doing it legit) for 2 services instead of 1.

Definitely a case of waiting to understand what we are doing before signing-up for anything.

Absolutely, although I am tight fisted and will probably just find the games somewhere that are streaming for free.

Archived