IGNORED

2017 Play Offs

BobBobSuperBob

On the upside - it's a close enough trip, plus if they play like that next season, 6pts in the bag. But i think Neil Harris is a bit cleverer than that, making Millwall play a certain way to get out of L1 (although like to think we played significantly better football when we won the league...), adapting his team to get the best out of them, so fair play to him. Morison won't go on forever, a bit like Wilbs in that respect. Gregory sounds a half decent player, got some goals in L1, but might struggle with the step up.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You grumpy ol' man   :laugh:

Hate it, the choreographed celebration took the edge off City's last promotion day for me.

Millwall fans being pilloried for coming on the pitch but at least it sounds like genuine spontaneous celebration.

Football's all about passion, not loud music and bloody ticker tape.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

On the upside - it's a close enough trip, plus if they play like that next season, 6pts in the bag. But i think Neil Harris is a bit cleverer than that, making Millwall play a certain way to get out of L1 (although like to think we played significantly better football when we won the league...), adapting his team to get the best out of them, so fair play to him. Morison won't go on forever, a bit like Wilbs in that respect. Gregory sounds a half decent player, got some goals in L1, but might struggle with the step up.

was thinking the same, were outplayed most of the game and when you consider how we struggled to adapt think millwall are in for a long hard season.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Welcome Owl, if you're watching this, can you see either surviving on todays showing? I reckon both would have to seriously strengthen to have a prayer!

It'll certainly be difficult, I think most of expected Barnsley to struggle though and they did alright. I think Millwall have spent more time in the second tier than any other club so it certainly seems to be their level. Of the promoted sides the one I can see struggling is Bolton with their one dimensional set piece style of playing. Every time they scored this season it seemed to be either Beevers or Wheater, always a header from a free kick or a corner. It's a real shame Fleetwood didn't catch them. 

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You all seem to have a bit of a soft spot for them up there, the Barnsley lads on here have a lot of time for them too. I suppose they are a club that`s difficult to dislike given what they`ve been through.

I imagine most people in Yorkshire`s view of Leeds is a bit different though!

Yeah, don't think most Wednesday fans have anything against Bradford particularly. We haven't been in the same division as each other for a long time though. I quite liked that side they had when they survived in the Prem that year, it's a shame they made the mistake of hugely over spending shortly afterwards. 

To be honest I like to see all the Yorkshire clubs do well other than Leeds and the oinkers across the city. 

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Rather go to millwall than bradford!

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

It'll certainly be difficult, I think most of expected Barnsley to struggle though and they did alright. I think Millwall have spent more time in the second tier than any other club so it certainly seems to be their level. Of the promoted sides the one I can see struggling is Bolton with their one dimensional set piece style of playing. Every time they scored this season it seemed to be either Beevers or Wheater, always a header from a free kick or a corner. It's a real shame Fleetwood didn't catch them. 

Yeah, don't think most Wednesday fans have anything against Bradford particularly. We haven't been in the same division as each other for a long time though. I quite liked that side they had when they survived in the Prem that year, it's a shame they made the mistake of hugely over spending shortly afterwards. 

To be honest I like to see all the Yorkshire clubs do well other than Leeds and the oinkers across the city. 

Yeah I just googled your and their old hero Benito Carbone and Wiki says Bradford were paying him 40k a week in 2003!! I forgot they signed Collymore too and he was probably on as much.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I just googled your and their old hero Benito Carbone and Wiki says Bradford were paying him 40k a week in 2003!! I forgot they signed Collymore too and he was probably on as much.

Yeah, loved Carbone when I was young, another talented Wednesday player that unfortunately left under a cloud. I think he ended up writing off a couple of million quid Bradford owed him in the end.

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, loved Carbone when I was young, another talented Wednesday player that unfortunately left under a cloud. I think he ended up writing off a couple of million quid Bradford owed him in the end.

The article quotes him as saying he didn`t want to be known as the man who caused Bradford City to fold so fair play to him for that.

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Rightly or wrongly, managing to invade the pitch at Wembley is quite an impressive effort.

1975 Cup Final some West Ham fans (Another East London club) got on the pitch. One ran up & down through the ranks of the band whilst another got on the pitch microphone.

1966 Cup Final a smartly dressed Everton fan ran on the pitch. A Policeman grabbed hold of his jacket,but the man kept rubbing leaving his jacket in the hands of the copper. 1:50 in the link

1 hour ago, 22A said:

1975 Cup Final some West Ham fans (Another East London club) got on the pitch. One ran up & down through the ranks of the band whilst another got on the pitch microphone.

1966 Cup Final a smartly dressed Everton fan ran on the pitch. A Policeman grabbed hold of his jacket,but the man kept rubbing leaving his jacket in the hands of the copper. 1:50 in the link

Well it was the 60's, but fortunately that bit's always been censored out on the old clips I've seen! :wacko: 

15 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well it was the 60's, but fortunately that bit's always been censored out on the old clips I've seen! :wacko: 

The Everton fan on the pitch was Eddie Kavanagh, a renowned hitch hiker to Everton away games who I picked up loads of times when I was a young man travelling away. Talk about a storyteller. RIP Eddie.

(he got his jacket back BTW and was even invited to that cup winning teams reunion)

Archived