IGNORED

Ideal last day results?

22A

My suggestions; 1 - City beat Brum. 2 - Wolves draw or lose at home to PNE. 3 - Ipswich draw at Forest.

That combination would lift City to 15th, above Ipswich & Wolves. By finishing higher City receive more cash from the League and we are a more attractive proposition to prospective signings. A side effect would be that a draw might not be good enough to keep Forest up

Elsewhere I'd prefer Hartlepool dropping out of the League rather than Newport. This is because Newport are localish (just) and they were shafted by the League of Wales and others when they last dropped out of the League.

Forest win, possible.

Blackburn win - Unlikely, Brentford are a good side.

City win - bye bye Blues.

Wolves fail to win.

City 15th and Brum go down. It would serve them right for the way they treated Rowett TBH not that I really care who drops as it's not gonna be us. :)

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'd like City to beat Brum, Blackburn to win at Griffin Park although that's unlikely and Ipswich to beat Forest.

That would send the Brummies down - sweet revenge for when they sent us down........

No it wouldn't. It would send Forest down as they have two less points than Birmingham.

6 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

No it wouldn't. It would send Forest down as they have two less points than Birmingham.

Of course.............

I worked it out incorrectly..........:facepalm:

I used to be good at arithmetic...

Ill think at edit is required!

I'll happily see Forest relegated. Remember 2007? Their then Manager, Cauldwell, announced how City are chokers and would fail at home on the last day to Rotherham and Forest, not City would go up auto.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blackburn win - Unlikely, Brentford are a good side.

One interesting point that could yet put a spanner in the works

Brentford Manager Dean Smith is a lifelong Villa fan . . . . . 

20 hours ago, 22A said:

I'll happily see Forest relegated. Remember 2007? Their then Manager, Cauldwell, announced how City are chokers and would fail at home on the last day to Rotherham and Forest, not City would go up auto.

And then to top it all off they got absolutely smashed in the Play Off semi-final against the 'mighty' Yeovil. Happy memories all round! 

I'm amazed how many people would rather be involved in dire fixtures Vs Blackburn next season, rather than potentially much better ones against Brum & Forest. 

A bit of last day drama would be great, to add to the excitement, but I'd choose Blackburn to go down, all day long. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm amazed how many people would rather be involved in dire fixtures Vs Blackburn next season, rather than potentially much better ones against Brum & Forest. 

A bit of last day drama would be great, to add to the excitement, but I'd choose Blackburn to go down, all day long. 

6 easy points next season, innit

13 hours ago, gl1 said:

Last minute goals for Blackburn and forest to win.  City 1-1 deep into injury time. Corner, Flint. Goal. Bye bye brum. You heard it here first. 

Nearly right but it will be 3-3 in injury time with all 3 goals from Tammy.

Ideally I'd like us to win 37-0 and take the UK record for the biggest ever win. I'd settle for any other victory though.

In terms of who I'd get the most schadenfreude from being relegated I'd go

1) Birmingham

2) Forest

3) Blackburn.

In terms of convenience I'd rather...

1) Blackburn

2) Birmingham

3) Forest

I think it would be better for us if Birmingham went down. To lose Blackburn would be to lose a team we would have a very good chance of finishing above again next season... They are on a definite downwards trajectory. Birmingham probably wouldnt be in this situation next year if they survived. Forest may be stronger under Warburton too. For the same reason I'm hoping Fleetwood come up.

I'm predicting

City 3-1 Birmingham
Brentford 0-1 Blackburn
Forest 2-0 Ipswich
Wolves 0-0 Preston
Villa 1-1 Brighton
Newcastle 3-1 Barnsley

City win and relegate the Brummies infront of 25,000 fans... Move up to 15th ahead of Forest and Wolves. Arrogant Seagulls blow the title! Perfect day :)

As long as City win, I don't care. I'd prefer for Forest to go down, then Birmingham

I'll be at a Farm park in Nottingham meeting various members from the cast of Paw Patrol, so I won't even be paying any attention to it all

26 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

As long as City win, I don't care. I'd prefer for Forest to go down, then Birmingham

I'll be at a Farm park in Nottingham meeting various members from the cast of Paw Patrol, so I won't even be paying any attention to it all

You lucky sod.... PP-Banner-3.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The Brum media have just saved Lee J a team talk, arrogant ****s!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-vs-birmingham-city-12988469

Either I've read the wrong article or I don't understand how this is arrogant. It says this will be the biggest crowd at the gate since we went all seater with 2000+ bluenoses - how is that arrogant?

Archived