IGNORED

Bedminster Cricket Club

Paul Cheesey

The season starts this Saturday so I'd be surprised if it is open on Sunday? But I guess they could play elsewhere for this particular game to raise a fair bit of cash for the club. 

It's a brilliant earner for Bemmy!

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Expanding the scope of this thread; any City players playing cricket for local teams during the Summer? In previous years some have.

Would be interested in who has and where?

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Many moons ago Gary Shelton and Wayne Allison played for Bedminster Seconds . Nice guys . 

I remember playing against Gary Shelton when he played for Stoke Bishop. He was a very good batsman. 

When I was a young lad I used to make the numbers up for Southville Wayfarers when they were short. I've got good memories of playing with Donnie Gillies, Chris Garland, Ray Cashley, Dave Rodgers and his dad Arnold. Dave was a very good all-round cricketer who hated losing . 

I can also recall playing against Bobby Gould who I think played for Portishead. He was decent . 

I also played with Ken Wimshurst and Terry Bush at Lodway. Again both very good players. 

1 hour ago, redapple said:

I remember playing against Gary Shelton when he played for Stoke Bishop. He was a very good batsman. 

When I was a young lad I used to make the numbers up for Southville Wayfarers when they were short. I've got good memories of playing with Donnie Gillies, Chris Garland, Ray Cashley, Dave Rodgers and his dad Arnold. Dave was a very good all-round cricketer who hated losing . 

I can also recall playing against Bobby Gould who I think played for Portishead. He was decent . 

I also played with Ken Wimshurst and Terry Bush at Lodway. Again both very good players. 

I can go back to the 1950's when Ernie 'Ginger' Peacock, Syd Morgan and if my memory is correct, Wally Hinshelwood all played for Southville Wayfarers when they played at Filton playing fields.

10 hours ago, 22A said:

Expanding the scope of this thread; any City players playing cricket for local teams during the Summer? In previous years some have.

Unfortunately most will have clauses in there contracts preventing this. We have a lad who's just signed pro for Cheltenham at our club and it's in his. He's still going to chuck down his offies in the 3's though!

Archived