IGNORED

Chelsea to double Tammy Abraham's £25,000-a-week wages to ward off Premier League suitors

Curr Avon

I first read this in the Evening Standard heading home from Paddington last night........http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-to-double-tammy-abrahams-25000-wages-to-ward-off-premier-league-suitors-a3529271.html

Chelsea will hand England striker Tammy Abraham a new contract in the summer to secure his long-term future at the club.

Standard Sport understands that talks over a new deal are scheduled to take place after the end of the season.

Abraham has two years left on his current agreement but Chelsea want to reward him for a superb season on loan at Bristol City by extending it until the end of the 2021-22 campaign. The 19-year-old is paid around £25,000 a week but Chelsea are considering doubling that amount.

Abraham has starred for Bristol City in the Championship. The England Under-21 international has scored 26 goals in all competitions to be the second top scorer in the division.

In doing so, he broke the record of ex-Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, now at Celtic, for the highest amount of goals scored by a teenager in English football’s second tier in the last 20 years.

It is believed Chelsea are being flooded with offers from several Premier League and Championship clubs to buy him permanently or on loan. Everton, Leicester and Brighton are keen to add the forward to their squads.

Chelsea, however, have no interest in selling Abraham, who is highly rated by coach Antonio Conte.

The Blues plan to buy at least one striker in the close season, with Romelu Lukaku, Alvaro Morata, Alexis Sanchez and Dembele on their wish-list.

As part of the contract negotiations, a discussion will take place about where Abraham should play next season. The most likely option will be another season-long loan deal, although this time it will be to a Premier League outfit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10862716/chelseas-tammy-abraham-would-be-happy-to-return-to-bristol-city

Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

By Dev Trehan

Last Updated: 04/05/17 1:03pm

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Tammy Abraham has scored 26 goals in all competitions for Bristol City this season
Tammy Abraham has scored 26 goals in all competitions for Bristol City this season 

Tammy Abraham admits he is still in the dark over his Chelsea future as he prepares to return to Stamford Bridge.

The 19-year-old's loan at Bristol City ends on Sunday, with speculation growing over where he will play next season.

He has scored 23 league goals for the Robins, breaking Moussa Dembele's record for the most goals scored by a teenager in the Sky Bet Championship.

logo-skybets@2x.png?v=build-1141

Reports have suggested Chelsea are ready to offer Abraham a new contract. The forward insists he is still waiting to hear from the Premier League leaders but remains open to returning Ashton Gate.

"There's nothing yet. I'm not too sure but hopefully there will be [a new contract]," he said, ahead of Bristol City's final game of the season at home to Birmingham on Sunday.

Reports suggest Chelsea are ready to upgrade Abraham's contract

"I've heard a few bits, this and that, but I'm not too sure what I'm doing yet and I haven't spoken to Chelsea about next season. I'm focused here before I end up shooting off back to Chelsea.

"Bristol is always going to be in my heart now but I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

"Bristol would be interested in taking me again but it's a situation if Chelsea want me to come back or want me to go somewhere else to develop in a different way.

"It would be nice to come back to Bristol in the future."

Just now, RedSA said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10862716/chelseas-tammy-abraham-would-be-happy-to-return-to-bristol-city

Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

By Dev Trehan

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tammy Abraham admits he is still in the dark over his Chelsea future as he prepares to return to Stamford Bridge.

The 19-year-old's loan at Bristol City ends on Sunday, with speculation growing over where he will play next season.

He has scored 23 league goals for the Robins, breaking Moussa Dembele's record for the most goals scored by a teenager in the Sky Bet Championship.

Reports have suggested Chelsea are ready to offer Abraham a new contract. The forward insists he is still waiting to hear from the Premier League leaders but remains open to returning Ashton Gate.

"There's nothing yet. I'm not too sure but hopefully there will be [a new contract]," he said, ahead of Bristol City's final game of the season at home to Birmingham on Sunday.

"I've heard a few bits, this and that, but I'm not too sure what I'm doing yet and I haven't spoken to Chelsea about next season. I'm focused here before I end up shooting off back to Chelsea.

"Bristol is always going to be in my heart now but I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

"Bristol would be interested in taking me again but it's a situation if Chelsea want me to come back or want me to go somewhere else to develop in a different way.

Why is it that I can't get Sky Sports out of my head after reading that? :sad26:

'Bristol would be interested in taking me again but it's a situation if Chelsea want me to come back or want me to go somewhere else to develop in a different way.'

And unfortunately I'm certain that will be the case

Lets give the lad the appreciation he deserves Sunday

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

'Bristol would be interested in taking me again but it's a situation if Chelsea want me to come back or want me to go somewhere else to develop in a different way.'

And unfortunately I'm certain that will be the case

Lets give the lad the appreciation he deserves Sunday

Yeah, I think the headline is quite misleading really, but still, we can hope. 

Won't be there Sunday so I gave him what I guess will be my final round of applause seeing him in a City shirt at the AMEX.

Give him a rapturous goodbye from me when he gets subbed.

Good luck Tammy, you may be the one that makes me interested in the national side again when your time comes, and it will.

Stay as you are, you have shown so much professionalism and rescued us from having to visit the Mem next season, for that alone you deserve the freedom of the south side of the river.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sobering news , (The wages and amount of clubs chasing him)  and totally unsurprising all in all

Fair play to the lad , put himself on the map this year and deserves everything good that comes his way

Indeed. What a model professional.

Let's hope young Tammy keeps his feet on the ground and carries on in this manner. His best should be yet to come, if he avoids falling into the pitfalls Steven Caulker did. 

Let him go and prove his worth in the lower reaches of the Prem. Brighton or Crystal Palace could work well for him, perhaps Watford. Then once we've sealed promotion in March next year we can have him back at AG for the 2018/19 season.  He'll be 21 by then and ready to tear the Prem to pieces with McCoulsky. :fingerscrossed:

But seriously, from the moment I saw him play against Wigan back in August I thought he looked special. I remember him bursting between two defenders and I turned to my dad and said "That guy is awesome".  It was a pleasure to sing his name at the Amex last weekend.

Tammy you have been the brightest star in what has at times felt like a black sky of a season. May your knees remain ever intact and your goals come thick and fast. 

PS a 100% pay rise is nothing more than he deserves.

21 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I will miss him :sad26:but glad i had the opportunity to watch him develop,good luck to the lad wherever he goes.:thumbsup:  

2 of my Brighton supporting friends are adamant that a deal has already been agreed between Chelsea and Brighton for a loan next season..... And I thought you were the joker ;)

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sobering news , (The wages and amount of clubs chasing him)  and totally unsurprising all in all

Fair play to the lad , put himself on the map this year and deserves everything good that comes his way

He is a very good footballer and goalscorer so they're the main reasons behind a new contract, and more salary.

But for me and drawing a veil over the car incident, his other attributes make him a stand out good lad. He works very hard for the team, is always encouraging others and from his behaviour on the pitch, tries to play football in the correct way without looking to throw himself to the ground at the slightest invitation.

I've said previously that he's the best striker I've seen at City other than Big John and he is without any doubt, the most successful loan player that City have ever brought to our Club. Thanks Tammy and have a good career wherever that takes you.

He deserves to be elsewhere next season, I for one would feel guilty if we made him stay. (Well just a bit)

Thanks for the memories Tammy, now go and show these Premier League Primadonnas what a proper footballer is.

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

By Dev Trehan

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

" Come back to Bristol in the future " being the key phrase .

I interpret this as saying I've had a great time here and who knows maybe in the future when City are at a higher level or if my career is on the slide I'm open to à return .

Struggling to think of a player who has been more universally loved by City fans over the years than Tammy?

Even Albert had a few detractors and was perhaps playing within himself a bit towards the end in a struggling team. But I don't think I've heard a bad word said about Tammy from the get-go. He's just been pure class from the moment he arrived to the moment he'll leave.

LJ is definitely due some praise as well as it was his link through Jody Morris at Chelsea that helped get Tammy here, along with an impressive presentation to Chelsea (apparently) that clinched the deal.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

" Come back to Bristol in the future " being the key phrase .

I interpret this as saying I've had a great time here and who knows maybe in the future when City are at a higher level or if my career is on the slide I'm open to à return .

Whereas I read it as 'yeah, might pop back if there is a game on and I'm not busy, be nice to see everyone again'.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

He is a very good footballer and goalscorer so they're the main reasons behind a new contract, and more salary.

But for me and drawing a veil over the car incident, his other attributes make him a stand out good lad. He works very hard for the team, is always encouraging others and from his behaviour on the pitch, tries to play football in the correct way without looking to throw himself to the ground at the slightest invitation.

I've said previously that he's the best striker I've seen at City other than Big John and he is without any doubt, the most successful loan player that City have ever brought to our Club. Thanks Tammy and have a good career wherever that takes you.

Paul Cheesely is the best striker ive ever seen play for city.  Tammy will be as good one day i am sure.  Atyeo was a great but i didnt quite get to see him.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's been said before but where would we have been without him?

4 hours ago, RedSA said:

Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

By Dev Trehan

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

On the upside, if we need an experienced and talented veteran striker in the 2031/2032 season we might just be in pole position! 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Who knows is the only reply ? 

Maybe in the playoffs ? 

Playing Tammy up front on his own was easy for the opposition to defend as we rarely had the energy and goals coming from midfield. 

May be relegated.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Who knows is the only reply ? 

Maybe in the playoffs ? 

Playing Tammy up front on his own was easy for the opposition to defend as we rarely had the energy and goals coming from midfield. 

May be relegated.

we would have been very lucky to have had someone else score 20 odd goals, I think it's very likely barring a miracle we would have found ourselves in league one next season.

35 minutes ago, pillred said:

We would've kept a very hacked off Jimmy Kodjia here until January, and suffered an unsettled dressing room, resulting in a terrible run of form, with rumours of "words" between senior players and the head coach, and many changes in team selection, and the head coach describing Kodj as "tactically, a 19 year old," and players seemingly "not turning up," before selling him to Villa on Jan 1st and replacing him with Duric and Taylor, the new Smash n Grab, with Taylor scoring a goal a game to take us into the last game, needing a win v Brum to stay up, in front of over 25,000 fans at the new Ashton Gate........

38 minutes ago, pillred said:

we would have been very lucky to have had someone else score 20 odd goals, I think it's very likely barring a miracle we would have found ourselves in league one next season.

Well thankfully, LJ brought in Tammy and had to jump through hoops with Chelsea to bring him here... all credit to him.

I'm sure the goals would've come from other sources if Tammy wasn't here. You don't need a 20 goal striker to survive or even do well... The playoff season under GJ, Darren Byfield was top scorer with a very modest 8 goals.

Archived