IGNORED

When all is said and done...

Tangle Foot

Unbelievably, come the end of the match on Sunday 7th May 2017, we could be sitting in 15th place on 57 points (if results go our way).

Last season we ended up in 18th place on 52 points.

Of course you have to take into account in coming players (Tammy for example) and out going players. Our squad, on paper at least, is now much stronger than last season.

6 wins, where we lost, would have put us just outside the play-offs, probably where we should have ended up!

Here's to next season, a season I hope will surprise many.

COYR.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Genuinely don't know what to expect next season 

Normally you are able to have a decent idea but not sure anyone can know atm

A steady 1.5 pts / game consistently through the season would be fine 

Yep mid table obscurity will do me . None of this losing loads on the bounce. Looking forward to the transfer window. 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

That's a bit high but I know what you mean. That's 69 points and would put any team 8th this year. Would be nice but that's a pretty good season but an over 60 season would be good. Some of the teams we could finish sboive haven't worried about relegation in weeks(Wolves Ipswich) so slightly better season than that and I'd be happy. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That's a bit high but I know what you mean. That's 69 points and would put any team 8th this year. Would be nice but that's a pretty good season but an over 60 season would be good. Some of the teams we could finish sboive haven't worried about relegation in weeks(Wolves Ipswich) so slightly better season than that and I'd be happy. 

1.3 / 1.4 then !!!

:thumbsup:

Mid table and solid would do me personally

Consolidating our place in the Championship was always my wish instead of blowing it like we usually do and going down almost immediately.

Hopefully next season we can continue to consolidate Championship status. As much as I would love us to be a Premiership team, what comes with that would probably be more than my old ticker could stand. :blink: A good cup run along with a reasonable mid table top half finish would do me.

Just now, robinreliant said:

Consolidating our place in the Championship was always my wish instead of blowing it like we usually do and going down almost immediately.

Hopefully next season we can continue to consolidate Championship status. As much as I would love us to be a Premiership team, what comes with that would probably be more than my old ticker could stand. :blink: A good cup run along with a reasonable mid table top half finish would do me.

And me - really not convinced I'd want to be part of the Prem Circus though I understand a lot / most would

Getting there would be a lot more fun than being there IMO

Ive always said over the years , as you say above - established in this league and targeting a few cup runs would be great

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

You wernt

I didn't check tbh to see where 1.5 would actually finish 

8th would be above expectation for me 

There was a thread before the season started about where do you think we will finish, might be worth trying to dig it up. I think I predicted 8th :dunno:

49 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Unbelievably, come the end of the match on Sunday 7th May 2017, we could be sitting in 15th place on 57 points (if results go our way).

Last season we ended up in 18th place on 52 points.

Of course you have to take into account in coming players (Tammy for example) and out going players. Our squad, on paper at least, is now much stronger than last season.

6 wins, where we lost, would have put us just outside the play-offs, probably where we should have ended up!

Here's to next season, a season I hope will surprise many.

COYR.

Firstly, you tend to end up where you belong over a season, so looking for 6 wins from losses is a stretch. If anything I think we ended up luckily getting over the line after this absolute shambles of a season (I did not writ shambles ;)  )

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You wernt

I didn't check tbh to see where 1.5 would actually finish 

8th would be above expectation for me 

Funny enough, if we had had the season I was hoping for or even the one I expected then 8th could possibly have been the next progression. But after this year?????

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And me - really not convinced I'd want to be part of the Prem Circus though I understand a lot / most would

Ive always said over the years , as you say above - established in this league and targeting a few cup runs would be great

I've had this conversation, mainly with myself. I want to challenge and I want to win the League, just not sure I really want the Prem malarky ! 
Maybe one drunken year of every game and then retire my rattle and scarf .

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

There was a thread before the season started about where do you think we will finish, might be worth trying to dig it up. I think I predicted 8th :dunno:

I wanted solid mid table , where we were never in danger and maybe looking towards a PO spot without really getting close.
Nailed that one didn't I ?

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Firstly, you tend to end up where you belong over a season, so looking for 6 wins from losses is a stretch. If anything I think we ended up luckily getting over the line after this absolute shambles of a season (I did not writ shambles ;)  )

Funny enough, if we had had the season I was hoping for or even the one I expected then 8th could possibly have been the next progression. But after this year?????

I've had this conversation, mainly with myself. I want to challenge and I want to win the League, just not sure I really want the Prem malarky ! 
Maybe one drunken year of every game and then retire my rattle and scarf .

I wanted solid mid table , where we were never in danger and maybe looking towards a PO spot without really getting close.
Nailed that one didn't I ?

being slightly more than a pedant there is no mid table you are either upper or lower.

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had this debate with some mates a while back. The chase of getting to the prem would be a lot more exciting than getting there and getting hammered every week . 

I'd be more than happy to finish 10-12th next season . Steady progress. What I thought would happen this season

Just now, WTFiGO!?! said:

For this club to have just a standard, run of the mill, mid-table finish for once would be absolutely spectacular!  

That isn't the Bristol city way, buckle up look down into the shadows spot the ten thousand locked out and enjoy the ride

Late in the season LJ eventually found his favoured 11 and since then results have improved which should bode well for next season.

However........LJ has also said that there will be "2 or 3" additions to the squad over the summer so will that mean that he'll struggle again to find a reliable starting 11?

Lets bloody hope not.......:facepalm:

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

Blimey, what would the Grand Old Duke of York think?

We need a stair like Robins I reckon... 

Been to Cassel in france where he is believed to have marched his men there used to be a fabulous museum where they showed with miniatures  (think NTTDS and subbuteo) every European war that went past or through them and just in case any one is not sure sadly they all did.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Isn't it a pity that we have all lowered our expectations so much that just finishing somewhere in the middle is deemed a success.

Just now, bcfcnick said:

I think the Club have to aspire to reach the play-offs.  Seeking a solid middle of the table position is a bit like going out and playing for the draw and I don't think it works.

Pretty sure the mindset for the club will be to win the title. Well I hope so anyway. Mid table is the fans mindset I think 

So many dreams, so many false hopes, so many short memories; we only guaranteed our survival a week ago and that was with the divisions best goalscorer.....and we will be better next season without him...........yeah sure we will.

We will battle to survive next season, LJ`s summer signings will be given till xmas to gel and by then it will be too late to change course; lots of fans getting way ahead of themselves and ours and LJ`s capabilities.

50 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We will battle to survive next season, LJ`s summer signings will be given till xmas to gel and by then it will be too late to change course; lots of fans getting way ahead of themselves and ours and LJ`s capabilities.

You seem like a glass half empty kinda guy.......... ....:dunno:

None of us have a crystal ball so are completely unable to predict how things will go next season.

City are finishing the season well and that's good sign. LJ finally has a settled team so that good as well.

There will be some new signings in the summer so that another positive.

LJ has had another full season of experience in the SBC and will have benefited from it so that's another positive sign.

Yet you say we'll struggle to survive..........:facepalm:

Archived