IGNORED

When all is said and done...

Tangle Foot

21 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

When all is said and done, we finished one place higher (17th) and with 2 more points (54) than last season, winning more and losing more than 2015/16. But last season we were 12 points clear, this year only 3 (effectively, 4 with GD).

3 points better than relegated Blackburn.

Nottm Forest won the European Cup twice, finbarr. A bloody long time ago, mind.........

Don't know how I missed that one!! I remember thinking "£1 million for a footballer - ridiculous". (Trevor Francis)

7 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Indeed. LJ probably thinks he can though.

Funny how City survived just and many people think its been a satisfying season. 

Problem is next season will be even more of struggle. Can SL justify buying another 5-10 players? Where is LJ going to find a replacement for Tammy, the man who saved his job.

These questions will be answered or not next season. I shall see who we sign before making my judgement. You are right that LJ did a cracking job in bringing Abraham in though. I absolutely agree with you that we should give him credit for that.

LJ wasted millions on players who he hardly played and brought in others who he cant control/have little to no respect for him.

Fans have bought tickets again for the City merry go round but will find themselves going no-where imo. Same again, same again, if we are lucky; more likely worse.

Nice ground apparently.....but not the clubs, B. Sport aint us we are part of them....great.....not.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

LJ wasted millions on players who he hardly played and brought in others who he cant control/have little to no respect for him.

It's that wild speculation or do you know something that the rest of us don't? 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don't want to speak on behalf of @glos old boy, but you got to ask yourself if you believe LJ is respected by all the players and has full control of them after some of the performances and strange team selections this season. It doesn't take too much thought to come up with a gut feeling.

Let's see who surprisingly gets shipped out in the Summer.  The sad thing is though we might lose some decent players, then possibly go on to release the manager a couple of months later. I still think we are in for a bumpy ride somehow.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:50, pillred said:

Isn't it a pity that we have all lowered our expectations so much that just finishing somewhere in the middle is deemed a success.

Ah well you see we are trying to build a steady self funding brand of mediocracy........ get on message or the 'OWNER' will describe you as 'NOISE' 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Did he not bring in international quality players and hardly play them or loan them back out.......why bring them here in the first place; also an ex prem player who will prob be shipped out after not being good enough to play regularly in our team that just survived relegation; (I have no clue but he is prob one of the highest paid and costliest players we have)

I know that most fans will be willing to give lj and his new players/team until xmas at least but then? you know the score.... its too late to change after that..... and that may bring us if we are very lucky to scrape survival again;

I would speculate however that we wont survive again with LJ and his tombola machine in control LJ OUT.......... COTTS IN

On 04/05/2017 at 22:46, reddoh said:

That isn't the Bristol city way, buckle up look down into the shadows spot the ten thousand locked out and enjoy the ride

Our 08/09 and 09/10 seasons finishes of 10th in the championship would do me for next season to be honest. problem is though there were moans and groans from large sections of the fanbase then that the football was dire and mid - table at this level was boring.. A season of consolidation is required but can LJ deliver it? Jurys out for me.

31 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Did he not bring in international quality players and hardly play them or loan them back out.......why bring them here in the first place; also an ex prem player who will prob be shipped out after not being good enough to play regularly in our team that just survived relegation; (I have no clue but he is prob one of the highest paid and costliest players we have)

So wild speculation then..................:facepalm:

Whether or not there were "problems" within the squad City eventually finished just below mid table. Imagine where we'll finish next campaign  if the squad settled and harmonious all season? 

This time next year we could all be looking forward to a season in the promised land.............:shocking:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Whether or not there were "problems" within the squad City eventually finished just below mid table. Imagine where we'll finish next campaign  if the squad settled and harmonious all season? 

This time next year we could all be looking forward to a season in the promised land.............:shocking:

Now there is wild speculation then there is a way in the distant dream, yours is the later; way to distant for many to even hope to live to see.

Blinded by the rented stadium and promises of better to come I feel.....still if it keeps you happy...go for it but be ready for the bump when your bottom hits the ground from that height you dream of.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

just below mid table ,why not say the truth 3 points off the drop. progress my ass

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Better than last season is progress in my book........

did we have to wait till the last but one game last year to stay up ? record breaking poor run of games great progress yeah right....throw your book away its shite :facepalm:

Archived