IGNORED

Just get there early!!

ashton_fan

I have tweeted First Bus regarding the 71 service which normally goes across the Centre and also Hotwells Road, but so far no reply. There are a shed load of buses that either start, cross or terminate in the Centre, but no news about alternative routes!! 

Any extra trains from Temple Meads to Parson Street before the game?

No idea how the North Bristol hoardes are suppose to reach Ashton Gate if the centre and Portway are closed. 

The first train from Parkway to Parson Street arrives at 4pm according to TrainLine :clapping:

2 hours ago, SDBS36 said:

What roads are shut or is it better to ask which ones are open

If you click on the link up there from the BCFC site, it has a link in that article for the 10K website, which shows the roads closed and when. 

Here is the official website clearly showing the route

http://www.greatrun.org/great-bristol-10k

Just a word to the wise for those travelling by car, think rush hour and then allow an extra half hour ,Bristol will be completely gridlocked.

Heads need to roll for allowing both events at the same time -complete shambles

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

Please find enclosed maps and timetables for park and ride on Sunday.

awaiting full details from council of parking cost at Ashton court estate. 

image.png

as someone travelling from south Wales it seems to be lift to station, train to parkway, bus to temple meads, attach blue flashing lights over shoes (ebay) sirens for heels(amazon) and just hope I get there in time for a beer.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Sorry if I'm being thick and I'm useless with IT..... but.....

I'm driving to Bristol from Hereford, usually I exit the M49 at Avomouth & visit my mother in Redland before driving to Ashton Park School (c £160 for a season ticket for my car). I usually get to the school from Redland  via the Zoo and then down Bridge Valley Road. I go under the suspension bridge and use the flyover to get to Ashton Park School.

Is Bridge Valley Road closed? I'm not sure whether the road that one joins at the bottom of Bridge Valley Road is classed as the Portway or as Hotwells Road.

If I cannot use Bridge Valley Road I will probably drive  direct to Ashton Park School from the M5 junction south of the river (Gordano Services).

Can anyone advise?

26 minutes ago, Thornbury Red said:

Hi Nick, where are you from? :-)

Bridge Valley road is closed on Sunday from 6am till 1pm.

Thanks!

I'm a Bristolian, but haven't lived there for over 40 years, now living in Hereford.

I will now travel direct to my parking spot and visit Ma after the match when the roads will be clear.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

N

On 02/05/2017 at 19:58, archie andrews said:

gonna be absolute chaos...anyone from west Bristol ie shire l dub etc probably gonna have to go over the bridge joining the masses from brum going same way.....most coming from north somerset gonna hit that lot too

I was going to take this route but now having second thoughts, think I may go down the ring road instead?

Just come up Falcondale Road, across the Downs and park in Clifton near Sion Hill. No parking restrictions on a Sunday. 15 minute walk to the Gate. Not ideal but probably as close as you can get coming from that side of the city. 

Read some useful info on public transport for Sunday but there us surely a simple approach to this.

Imagine we were kicking off at 11 am ( as TV now forces clubs in Spain to) to say up in the Championship

We would all be there by 10.15 and life's a good Un. Well, do the same this Sunday. My alarm is for 7, leaving the coast 7.30 for breakfast in Bedminster and beers in the ground. We don't need the points so what is not to like?!

CoYRs

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I presume it's possible to walk from Clifton and cross the Hotwells end of the Portway?

Simple answer is I don't know. But I doubt that there are interlinked barriers all along the Portway and would imagine pedestrians are able to cross the road as long as they don't get in the way of the runners!

I'm cycling, should be less than 30 mins. I think it will take a lot longer by car, unless I leave silly early!

29 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Simple answer is I don't know. But I doubt that there are interlinked barriers all along the Portway and would imagine pedestrians are able to cross the road as long as they don't get in the way of the runners!

I'm cycling, should be less than 30 mins. I think it will take a lot longer by car, unless I leave silly early!

Yep, my plan is to dodge the runners, or make them dodge me!

Car definitely left at home.

Archived