IGNORED

Johnson Says........

myol'man

17 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Regular attendance would help but them buying STs is what really makes a club grow.

Support The team, Support The manager, Support The owner Support your Club and buy those Season tickets

Sorted that for you.

It will take a long and very successful period before I start shouting his name, unless I'm drunk... very drunk 

37 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Lots of fickle people on this forum with short memories

Or maybe people with the balls to hold up their hands?

I've called for LJ in, out, in again... i'll be honest i've not gone for shake him all about yet

24 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I felt a small movement in the floor of the South Stand when the third one went in against Barnsley. Nowhere near as much as the Dolman in the Hartlepool play off but it's a start!

Hope you washed your hands after.

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

......bounce around the ground !!

Gotta be done at Sunday's sell out ? :chant6ez:

A simple Ashton Gate bounce around?

I think it's best to leave LJ's name out of it. Some people have short memories...

Just now, Lew-T said:

A simple Ashton Gate bounce around?

I think it's best to leave LJ's name out of it. Some people have short memories...

Is this the buzz quote of the week? :blink:

You could be right though, some people do when they blither on about this being the worst season of the last 30 years or all time or whatever... when in fact its nowhere near the worst

3 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Was chanted at Brighton. A little half-heartedly, but I actually found it quite poignant. First time I've heard it in months.

The Atyeo sang it during the QPR game. Well, some did. It didn't quite catch on. Enough for Johnson himself to hop a couple of times, but it petered out very quickly. Think some people started out of habit, caught themselves singing it and realised they might appear hypocritical so stopped. It certainly had no gusto to it. Think that version might have to wait a wee while - if indeed, perhaps, it should ever have been restarted. Might have been better to have left it, for posterity, as his father's song.

The Ashton Gate version, however, would sound and look magnificent if it went round the ground. But there is little chance of the Lower Lansdown joining in much, apart from the section near to the away fans, the residents of whom, by their nature, are more inclined to give it some. The middle of of the Lower L is frequented largely by those who need a blanket over their knees between Sep & April. And some of them are associates of mine.

In fact, despite our revival, I've noticed how this song, whilst still energetic, has lost its ability to coerce the full ground into song. The SStand doesn't join in at all any more and still only A & B Blocks of the Dolman join in, and even then that's not a full house. I appreciate bouncing around is not easy for the 60+ fan, but there are still enough young uns to participate. C'mon everyone under 60, bounce around again! Ashton Gate Bounce Around sounds fantastic from all 4 sides......

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

I agree.

A lot have forgotten about the first third and last third of the season where the results are good.

I'll be bouncing and enjoying myself and having a bit of a laugh at those boycotting a sold out game, those that "organised" massive demonstrations, and those sad ***** that put up those childish banners.

Each to his own.

Those banners along with the 'boycott' from some was a disgrace...

Half-hearted and a complete waste of time

33 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Is this the buzz quote of the week? :blink:

You could be right though, some people do when they blither on about this being the worst season of the last 30 years or all time or whatever... when in fact its nowhere near the worst

But a season that has seen a new club record set for consecutive league defeats, and two wins in 22 league games at one point, which goes some way to explaining most, but not all, of the "blither." 

And all this after the head coach told us in August he could see us in the "Europa League" in 5 years. He could wind the "blither" in a bit too (along with us "bed-wetters" on here).

14 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

But a season that has seen a new club record set for consecutive league defeats, and two wins in 22 league games at one point, which goes some way to explaining most, but not all, of the "blither." 

And all this after the head coach told us in August he could see us in the "Europa League" in 5 years. He could wind the "blither" in a bit too (along with us "bed-wetters" on here).

I think 'blither' is a rather an apt word considering what has been uttered on here earlier in the year, criticism of course was justfied due to the poor run but the rest was unsubstantiated nonsense aimed at not only LJ but SL as well...

For me, LJ seems to have learned from his own mistakes... he put himself in this hole, Lansdown kept faith and LJ returned that faith. 5 defeats in the last 18 matches shows that he is doing things right.

If LJ can continue this into next season then great.

Archived