IGNORED

Johnson Says........

myol'man

16 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

.....But there is little chance of the Lower Lansdown joining in much.....the middle of of the Lower L is frequented largely by those who need a blanket over their knees between Sep & April......

Load of rubbish, my ST is in the middle of the Lower Lansdown this season....lots of younger people around there, all ready to get involved with generating an atmosphere, but haven't had much to shout about this season...

16 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

But there is little chance of the Lower Lansdown joining in much, apart from the section near to the away fans, the residents of whom, by their nature, are more inclined to give it some. The middle of of the Lower L is frequented largely by those who need a blanket over their knees between Sep & April. And some of them are associates of mine.

I sit in the Lower Lansdown, and I'm annoyed at this statement. Never once has it been suggested that blankets are available, who do I see and what colours are available. Purple and Lime would be a nice touch, oh, and a flask of hot tea please  :yawn:

I'd much rather we concentrated on singing positive chants for the team. And I don't usually join in with negative chants aimed at the opposition. Lest us not forget the Sheff Utd home game about 6 or 7 years ago when we clawed our way back to 2-2 in added time, cue '2-0 and you ...', only to be undone within 20 seconds of the restart. Of course that goes out the window if it is clear if Brum are going down.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Load of rubbish, my ST is in the middle of the Lower Lansdown this season....lots of younger people around there, all ready to get involved with generating an atmosphere, but haven't had much to shout about this season...

Ok, BS4 - if these younger people are ready, how come they haven't joined in yet?!! Not much to shout about, true, between Oct and March, but you'd have to say Aug & Sep was pretty exciting and, as a result of our decay after that, the home wins v Hudds, Wolf, QP & Barnsley have been the absolute ideal opportunity to make some noise wherever you sit at AG. I'm sure, like me, you know which posters on here you tend to agree with, and yr one I tend to find myself nodding in agreement with, so wld you agree that the Lower Lansdown, centrally, is one of the quieter areas of AG? Ironic, given that, as I grew up first watching the City, it was a place to get right involved. The most expensive seats in the ground (I think?), generally = quieter atmos. Maybe I need to visit....

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'll sing, cheer, scream at the top of my voice but I'm f***** if I'll bounce for him. Maybe if we don't have another mid season crisis but there are some things I draw the line at.

too right!!  i draw a line at all the other teams!!

We would have to be in or around the playoffs at the end of next season for me to believe he is going to progress our club.

I'm not going to be singing his name until I believe he is the future and not part of an experiment that needs consderable tweeking (and by that I mean with the players we have we should be finishing mid table without ever worrying about relegation, not happy that we have just managed to scrape into this league again).

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

We would have to be in or around the playoffs at the end of next season for me to believe he is going to progress our club.

I'm not going to be singing his name until I believe he is the future and not part of an experiment that needs consderable tweeking (and by that I mean with the players we have we should be finishing mid table without ever worrying about relegation, not happy that we have just managed to scrape into this league again).

I think the problem /difficulty with this league is that tthere are such fine margins. We are literally 2 wins from being exactly there! Blackburn are only 12 points away. The chances of being midtable and not bring near the relegation zone at some point are low. And we really are not far off midtable, we have had so many 1 goal defeats this season. We just needed a but more luck, or to show  a little more resolve and resilience in games like Derby and Newcastle away and we would be there.

4 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

I think the problem /difficulty with this league is that tthere are such fine margins. We are literally 2 wins from being exactly there! Blackburn are only 12 points away. The chances of being midtable and not bring near the relegation zone at some point are low. And we really are not far off midtable, we have had so many 1 goal defeats this season. We just needed a but more luck, or to show  a little more resolve and resilience in games like Derby and Newcastle away and we would be there.

We've had 1 nil defeats because teams know that's all they need, it's been rare in a loss where I've thought we may get back in it or deserve a point.

On 5/5/2017 at 18:09, EnclosureSurge said:

The Atyeo sang it during the QPR game. Well, some did. It didn't quite catch on. Enough for Johnson himself to hop a couple of times, but it petered out very quickly. Think some people started out of habit, caught themselves singing it and realised they might appear hypocritical so stopped. It certainly had no gusto to it. Think that version might have to wait a wee while - if indeed, perhaps, it should ever have been restarted. Might have been better to have left it, for posterity, as his father's song.

The Ashton Gate version, however, would sound and look magnificent if it went round the ground. But there is little chance of the Lower Lansdown joining in much, apart from the section near to the away fans, the residents of whom, by their nature, are more inclined to give it some. The middle of of the Lower L is frequented largely by those who need a blanket over their knees between Sep & April. And some of them are associates of mine.

In fact, despite our revival, I've noticed how this song, whilst still energetic, has lost its ability to coerce the full ground into song. The SStand doesn't join in at all any more and still only A & B Blocks of the Dolman join in, and even then that's not a full house. I appreciate bouncing around is not easy for the 60+ fan, but there are still enough young uns to participate. C'mon everyone under 60, bounce around again! Ashton Gate Bounce Around sounds fantastic from all 4 sides......

Not true ES and I usually like your posts.  The song at QPR game went Dolman bounce around, South stand bounce around etc.  At no point was the 'Johnson says' on the front of the chant.  Then the chant was 'Johnson bounce around' aimed at Johnson himself who did, rather sportingly I thought, a couple of bunny hops. 

9 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

We've had 1 nil defeats because teams know that's all they need, it's been rare in a loss where I've thought we may get back in it or deserve a point.

I'm talking about 1 goal losses not just 1-0 games. And if you add in draws it even more compelling an argument (3 draws in o we insurance has the same result. Games I can think of: Burton, Blackburn, Sheff W, Birmingham. These are just off t the top of my head. Even if u you think every loss was deserved and every draw we as are just two wins short of most reasonable people's end of seasons expectations. So we are tnotthe that far away. 

Anyway my point was more t that t this is a a league of fine margins a couple of results changes everything, two defeats instead of wins and we would be joint we with Blackburn a and Birmingham! That's how tight t the league is. So overall a disappointing seasons but not terrible and plenty y o build on. 

8 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

Not true ES and I usually like your posts.  The song at QPR game went Dolman bounce around, South stand bounce around etc.  At no point was the 'Johnson says' on the front of the chant.  Then the chant was 'Johnson bounce around' aimed at Johnson himself who did, rather sportingly I thought, a couple of bunny hops. 

You're absolutely right. I had it in my mind it was a Johnson Says... but you're absolutely spot on, it was Johnson, Johnson, Bounce Around. But I'd still stick by quite a few people starting to sing that, then backing out a bit and it not catching on at all. It felt and sounded strange, too. 

10 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

12 points are a lot of points.

Teams like Brentford, Preston, Villa, Barnsley and even Ipswich that are now only a point above us haven't had to worry about relegation and put together some last minute miraculous run to stay in the league.

Apart from Villa I beleive we have spend considerably more than all of these clubs on both wages and transfer fees and as such should at least be matching them if not bettering them if SL is to ever get any value (progression) for his money.

• Admin

I felt the Barnsley fans chanting for Johnson's sacking helped some get over their distaste for singing "Johnson based chants". After our opponents had enquired of Johnson how the score line was looking at 1-2, I felt our own line of inquiry at 3-2 was well supported by the City faithful, certainly was around me in the South Stand.

10 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

I was in the crowd at Brighton and they did start up the Johnson Bounce chant at one point. I couldn't bring myself to join in - although I was very happy with the team performance.

Archived