IGNORED

Happy 100th birthday Margaret

Dollymarie

Margaret knew some of the people we used to stand with in the Enclosure in the late 1980s. I think we first met her at Northampton, when she was standing at the back of the terrace on a stool she had taken along. On one occasion she came with us to watch a City away game (Walsall, I think). When we took her back to Weston-super-Mare she asked us to drop her at the police station, as that was where she had left her bicycle.  She was only in her early 70s, then, of course. If I remember correctly she told us that she had played women's football in her younger days - pretty unusual for someone born in 1917, I imagine.

My memory isn't good enough to remember what we spoke about on the trip up and down the M5, but she was excellent company even for a couple of lads in their late twenties and although we lost touch with her and the rest of the Enclosure group we've always remembered Margaret with fondness and admiration: a truly impressive person.

Many happy returns.

:dancing6:# Happy Birthday to you .. Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday Red Margaret .. Happy Birthday to you! :dancing6:

Its a very special and rare birthday to celebrate ... 100years ..

... Hows about playing the Happy Birthday song over the Public Address system on Sunday? ...

Hopefully Margaret will be present at the game, imagine how special, magic and unique 20,000+ City fans all singing Happy Birthday to her will feel... 

COYR's lets have a full house Ashton Gate 'Happy Birthday To You' moment for Red Centenarian Margaret on Sunday eh?

Wow, well done to Margaret, 100yrs old and still attending the gate, that is some feat isn't it, most people by their mid 80's become care home house bound.

On an unrelated note (not trying to hijack the thread, the main premise is congratulating Margaret) But I feel I have to say this to lager loud.

3 hours ago, lager loud said:

Weston-super-Mare

Congratulations on typing the name of the town correctly, many many people get this wrong, I however don't use hyphens anymore but the town is hyphenated with the "super" lower cased - Well done sir! I get extremely irate and angry when people call it "western" super mare - I just wanna tell them to &%^*^%&%^%^* off :laugh:.

A link to an article in the Weston Mercury about Margaret http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/amazing-retired-raf-nurse-to-celebrate-100th-birthday-1-4990973 

I sit next to Margaret in the Lansdown Stand and visited her yesterday to wish her a happy Birthday. I will be bringing her to the game tomorrow, so if you see her please wish her a happy birthday.

She is an amazing lady who has had an incredible life. 

2 hours ago, Nick Malago said:

A link to an article in the Weston Mercury about Margaret http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/amazing-retired-raf-nurse-to-celebrate-100th-birthday-1-4990973 

I sit next Margaret in the Lansdown Stand and visited her yesterday to wish her happy Birthday. I will be bringing her to the game tomorrow, so if you see her please wish her a happy birthday.

She is an amazing lady who has had an incredible life. 

I think we should ALL wish her Happy Birthday....

A Happy Birthday Big Screen Message and ....

'Happy Birthday To You'  played over the Club PA System ....

20,000 plus people singing 'Happy Birthday' to you live would be a pretty unique and special thing for anyone to hear on their already pretty unique 100th Birthday. 

COYR's it'll be such an easy thing to do ... but Oh So Special too!!!

16 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I think we should ALL wish her Happy Birthday....

A Happy Birthday Big Screen Message and ....

'Happy Birthday To You'  played over the Club PA System ....

20,000 plus people singing 'Happy Birthday' to you live would be a pretty unique and special thing for anyone to hear on their already pretty unique 100th Birthday. 

COYR's it'll be such an easy thing to do ... but Oh So Special too!!!

its got to be done

I have a recollection of us singing Happy (98th) Birthday to this lady at Half time during the 8-2 Walsall match, and Dave Lloyd quipping that she was so old she could actually remember when Rovers were a league team!  Would be really nice if we could sing for her tomorrow.

Archived