IGNORED

The Yorkshire Eight?

22A

Given the right combination of Premiership relegations and play off results, there could be eight Yorkshire clubs in the Championship next season.

Sheff W & U, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, Hull and Middlesbrough. (Technically the last of those is no longer in Yorkshire, but older people do still consider themselves Yorkies).

If this scenario does arise then I hope the fixtures are arranged so that City are at (say) Leeds on a Saturday and Huddersfield or Bradford on the Tuesday to reduce City's travelling. Sunderland on a Saturday and M'brough on the Tuesday would also save on long one long distance journey.

Overused term but it's a real hotbed of football. Hopefully we'll have Yeovil, Taunton, Weston-super-Mare, Truro, Bridgwater, Exeter, Plymouth, and City all in the Championship one day. After all, they're the 8 biggest teams in the south-west.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Overused term but it's a real hotbed of football. Hopefully we'll have Yeovil, Taunton, Weston-super-Mare, Chesham Town, Bridgwater, Exeter, Plymouth, and City all in the Championship one day. After all, they're the 8 biggest teams in the south-west.

The only inaccuracy I can spot is I dont think Chesham are very South West

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The only inaccuracy I can spot is I dont think Chesham are very South West

God they're not are they! ******* hell, my local geography is atrocious. Fixed it now though.

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Overused term but it's a real hotbed of football. Hopefully we'll have Yeovil, Taunton, Weston-super-Mare, Truro, Bridgwater, Exeter, Plymouth, and City all in the Championship one day. After all, they're the 8 biggest teams in the south-west.

You've given up hope on Torquay then?

Add in Blackburn and Preston too to that list and (if things happen like that) it would mean 11 away games next season within two hours drive for me.  Great for me personally, but also shows that it's easier for northern/midlands teams to get good numbers of fans at away games.

12 hours ago, 22A said:

Given the right combination of Premiership relegations and play off results, there could be eight Yorkshire clubs in the Championship next season.

Sheff W & U, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, Hull and Middlesbrough. (Technically the last of those is no longer in Yorkshire, but older people do still consider themselves Yorkies).

If this scenario does arise then I hope the fixtures are arranged so that City are at (say) Leeds on a Saturday and Huddersfield or Bradford on the Tuesday to reduce City's travelling. Sunderland on a Saturday and M'brough on the Tuesday would also save on long one long distance journey.

I think "hope" is about right. Unfortunately those in charge of the fixture computer don't think of practical points like yours.

We know that NTTDS gets a real bee in his bonnet about the seemingly thoughtless fixtures.

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

You forgot Rovers, or will they be in the Prem?:whistle:

12 hours ago, 22A said:

Good luck with that then . 

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Not forgetting Wellington recently crowned champions of the Western League division 1 :clapping:

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think "hope" is about right. Unfortunately those in charge of the fixture computer don't think of practical points like yours.

We know that NTTDS gets a real bee in his bonnet about the seemingly thoughtless fixtures.

Ten years ago my son was at Huddersfield Uni which meant a free floor for a few nights up there. City were at Huddersfield on the Saturday and Bradford on the Tuesday. So such consideration when arranging fixtures can be done. I'm sure teams from the North East and their fans would appreciate being away to City and Cardiff just days apart.

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

Ten years ago my son was at Huddersfield Uni which meant a free floor for a few nights up there. City were at Huddersfield on the Saturday and Bradford on the Tuesday. So such consideration when arranging fixtures can be done. I'm sure teams from the North East and their fans would appreciate being away to City and Cardiff just days apart.

Consequtive fixtures in the same area can happen for sure but I get the impression it's by chance rather than design.

19 hours ago, YorksRed said:

Add in Blackburn and Preston too to that list and (if things happen like that) it would mean 11 away games next season within two hours drive for me.  Great for me personally, but also shows that it's easier for northern/midlands teams to get good numbers of fans at away games.

Not sure where you are mate but Derby & Forest too? Could be a cracking season for our northern based chums.

Archived