IGNORED

Weston donk...seagulls match tickets next season.

CrazyInWeston

I get most of you here are City supporters and probs never see Weston play (after all it is a BCFC forum)

However, I have on the odd occasion now and then attended WsM games since I live there.

No idea who else is interested, but since the WsM Forum has been non-existent for almost 2yrs, I'd thought I'd post this here.

(Mods can delete if too irrelevant/move to another part of forum)

Basically, for those city fans WsM side who like me may partake to watch a WsM game or a few, or is a WsM fan as well as, ticket prices for next season are now £12 a game instead of £10, so bring an extra £2.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still the cheapest home admission in the league. Club needs extra funds for next season, easiest way to do it 

Maybe but it's still scandalous when you consider that my season ticket at City averages at £15 per game.

I know people moan about our prices but for me this just puts it in to context...we are pretty fortunate really. The prices we are charged for Championship football are pretty fair when all is said and done.

6 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I get most of you here are City supporters and probs never see Weston play (after all it is a BCFC forum)

However, I have on the odd occasion now and then attended WsM games since I live there.

No idea who else is interested, but since the WsM Forum has been non-existent for almost 2yrs, I'd thought I'd post this here.

Basically, for those city fans WsM side who like me may partake to watch a WsM game or a few, or is a WsM fan as well as, ticket prices for next season are now £12 a game instead of £10, so bring an extra £2.

I watched WSM get a trouncing from Taunton last night in the Somerset Premier cup final. 4-0 to Taunton at h/t when it could of been 6 or 7!

it ended up 4-2 with WSM getting 2 late goals. 

The game was played at Bridgwater Town's ground, WSM's crowds are very poor already, putting up the price to £12 at Woodspring park isn't going to entice the local floating support imo. 

I've heard rumours that the weekly WSM wage bill is over 2k, I'm guessing they are struggling to pay it, hence the price rise!

52 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I watched WSM get a trouncing from Taunton last night in the Somerset Premier cup final. 4-0 to Taunton at h/t when it could of been 6 or 7!

it ended up 4-2 with WSM getting 2 late goals. 

The game was played at Bridgwater Town's ground, WSM's crowds are very poor already, putting up the price to £12 at Woodspring park isn't going to entice the local floating support imo. 

I've heard rumours that the weekly WSM wage bill is over 2k, I'm guessing they are struggling to pay it, hence the price rise!

That does sound about right. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Conference South. So that's what 3 leagues above Clevedon

A better standard than Clevedon then who I've watched a few times although not recently . The football at the Hand is pretty basic - the level I used to play at..........:facepalm:

If WsM got promoted they'd be in the National League?   :dunno:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

A better standard than Clevedon then who I've watched a few times although not recently . The football at the Hand is pretty basic - the level I used to play at..........:facepalm:

If WsM got promoted they'd be in the National League?   :dunno:

Correct

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Better standard than I realised then. Who is the manager?

The Head Coach is Scott Bartlett (Who??? Not a clue) This is WsM's official website has to say about him: 

"A former player and coach at Weston, Bartlett gained some managerial experience at the end of last season when he was put in temporary charge of Forest Green Rovers just before the play-offs following Ady Pennock’s dismissal. He oversaw the play-off semi-final victory over Dover but the Gloucestershire outfit fell at the final hurdle, going down 3-1 to Grimsby at Wembley before Mark Cooper was named the club’s permanent boss. Bartlett reverted to his former role as head of Forest Green’s youth and that is a job he will continue alongside his duties at Weston."

So it seems he is the youth coach at FGR as well.

4 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

The Head Coach is Scott Bartlett (Who??? Not a clue) This is WsM's official website has to say about him: 

"A former player and coach at Weston, Bartlett gained some managerial experience at the end of last season when he was put in temporary charge of Forest Green Rovers just before the play-offs following Ady Pennock’s dismissal. He oversaw the play-off semi-final victory over Dover but the Gloucestershire outfit fell at the final hurdle, going down 3-1 to Grimsby at Wembley before Mark Cooper was named the club’s permanent boss. Bartlett reverted to his former role as head of Forest Green’s youth and that is a job he will continue alongside his duties at Weston."

So it seems he is the youth coach at FGR as well.

Yes, he's employed by FGR, but also manager of WSM, work than one out!

Image result for weston super mare badgeImage result for weston super mare badge

You've all probably seen this but what do you think about the new badge? Personally I think it looks like something football manager would automatically generate. I quite like the first one, just needed re-colouring a bit. 

19 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

You can't really compare a ST price per game at City to a match day ticket at WsM. A match day ticket at City would cost about £26 while, if you had a season ticket at Weston it might work out at about a fiver a game. Just guessing at that, but not really a fair comparison. 

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You can't really compare a ST price per game at City to a match day ticket at WsM. A match day ticket at City would cost about £26 while, if you had a season ticket at Weston it might work out at about a fiver a game. Just guessing at that, but not really a fair comparison. 

Who said I was comparing? I was letting you lot know prices have gone up as not to be caught short since its cash only at the WsM turnstiles.

Archived