IGNORED

Unacceptable - but what do we do?

Markman

Something so heinous it makes you say NO - but what do we  do, Petition the Govt, Riot, ....I am at a loss - stop reading here if you are of a sensitive nature

The new When Saturday Comes (WSC Issue 364) under TV watch they allude to the BBC Radio Programme about football songs "The Football Fans Songbook" from Radio 5.

Then - (I almost cannot type this) they allude to Bristol City fans and Goodnight Irene  :gasmask:

I like WSC - but should it be banned, should they pay us damages?

4 minutes ago, Markman said:

Something so heinous it makes you say NO - but what do we  do, Petition the Govt, Riot, ....I am at a loss - stop reading here if you are of a sensitive nature

The new When Saturday Comes (WSC Issue 364) under TV watch they allude to the BBC Radio Programme about football songs "The Football Fans Songbook" from Radio 5.

Then - (I almost cannot type this) they allude to Bristol City fans and Goodnight Irene  :gasmask:

I like WSC - but should it be banned, thould they pay us damages?

You can never trust the BBC these days - time to stop paying the licence!

6 minutes ago, Markman said:

I like WSC - but should it be banned, thould they pay us damages?

They should be shot. Nothing less, for this heinous slur.

Where is their publisher incorporated? We should be able to get together a class action for reckless infliction of trauma.

It was like that poor lad on here who had people laughing at him at a quiz night because he didn't "know" that the football club that was once nicknamed The Black Arabs was Bristol City.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Where is their publisher incorporated? We should be able to get together a class action for reckless infliction of trauma.

It was like that poor lad on here who had people laughing at him at a quiz night because he didn't "know" that the football club that was once nicknamed The Black Arabs was Bristol City.

Am I about to be "wooshed"?

Your post is a tad ironic really as  The Black Arabs were Rovers not us

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

Am I about to be "wooshed"?

Your post is a tad ironic really as  The Black Arabs were Rovers not us

I wouldn't stoop so low, but that was the point of the story. People were laughing at this diehard Bristol City fan for not even knowing his club's old nickname when in fact the question was wrong.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I wouldn't stoop so low, but that was the point of the story. People were laughing at this diehard Bristol City fan for not even knowing his club's old nickname when in fact the question was wrong.

Thanks. 

Hadn't heard the story before so wasn't sure if the City reference was a deliberate mistake hence the whoosh comment.

3 hours ago, Markman said:

Amatuer journalism of the most heinous kind.................:disapointed2se:

6 hours ago, Markman said:

It was presented by Mark Radcliffe so ;

1) I would expect him to have known better

2) For those that do this sort of thing (I`m not on it) tweet him and put him right.

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was presented by Mark Radcliffe so ;

1) I would expect him to have known better

2) For those that do this sort of thing (I`m not on it) tweet him and put him right.

2) you mean we cannot consider capital punishment?

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Is it the Radio 5 or WSC that made the mistake?

I'm amazed WSC is still going tbh, used to be an essential read at the beginning but I think I gave up on it around 15 years ago.

I was going to try and find it on a podcast somewhere to check as I can`t believe Mark Radcliffe would make such a simple mistake, the bloke knows his football.

Maybe I`ll text him on Monday afternoon when he`s on 6music and ask him.

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'm amazed WSC is still going tbh, used to be an essential read at the beginning but I think I gave up on it around 15 years ago.

I tried reading it again, a few years ago, but had gone all pretentiously arty farty.

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

They quote Mark Radcliffe with saying it on the radio, but would have thought they would of corrected him. ( I'm sure it will be in next months letters page!). I'm still a subscriber after about 20 years, but it's not half as good as it once was.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was going to try and find it on a podcast somewhere to check as I can`t believe Mark Radcliffe would make such a simple mistake, the bloke knows his football.

Maybe I`ll text him on Monday afternoon when he`s on 6music and ask him.

If it helps, it says it was on 5 live on April 16th.

Archived