IGNORED

Flint linked to West ham and West Brom

Judda

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok... I'm going to say it...

He's quite error prone. Although he's more than capable of a brilliant game, see Brighton away... I think if we get an offer of anywhere near 5m, we should snap their hands off. 

If you looked at goals conceded this season and who's fault they were, I suspect you'd be on double figures for Flinty. 

Dont get me wrong, I love him, I'm just saying he doesn't strike me as being consist enough to play Prem. 

Ummmm, Ok i'm going to say it, error prone:- Fielding, Giefer, Little, Bryan, Wright, Magnusson, Pack, Reid, Hegeler, Can I stop now?.

Sorry but I suspect if you look back at moves leading to conceding goals, Tomlin, Pack, Reid and Bryan and a few others would be much farther ahead in the list.

Just now, Lew-T said:

He's constantly proving people wrong every season. Some of us were worried he wouldn't make the step up to the Championship but he's shone through becoming one of the best and most dangerous central defenders in the division.

If Harry Maguire can do it, I've got no doubts about Flint making the step up.

You could be right. But he can, at times, be a liability. 

Watching Flinty based topics is one of my favourite OTIB hobbies. He gets panned when we're bad and is miraculosly worth 5m+ when we're good. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

I think people are blinkered by (a) his character and (b) his goal scoring prowess. 

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Innit. £5m please...

If WHam are seriously interested then they should pay all the money upfront, non of the messing about with instalments like this. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Watching Flinty based topics is one of my favourite OTIB hobbies. He gets panned when we're bad and is miraculosly worth 5m+ when we're good. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

I think people are blinkered by (a) his character and (b) his goal scoring prowess. 

I think Premier League is also far slower than the Championship, people are always saying it's the best division because it's so fast. Is it really?

I think the PL would suit Aden just fine. He has at times made mistakes, of course he has. But in his 4 years of being with us, he's done a fine job and deserves the recognition imo.

A goal scoring centre back is hard to find, especially one that's 6'6! 

Yes he has a error in him but gives 110% everytime he's on the pitch.

If offer comes in from the premier league we have to accept it, however the championship is a definite no no no!!

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yep I put the wrong team. But it still shows how much teams are willing to pay for players. Another example is Livermore went to West Brom for 10 million. So people saying 5 million for flnt are way off in my opinion. 

Livermore moved from one Prem team to another, Chester (who I think is massively overrated) is a full international with Prem experience.

We will see (though of course it will probably be "undisclosed") but I expect that we would accept a bid from a Prem club of £5m-£6m this summer.

Flint has been a rock for us these last few seasons, I'd like to see him stay.  He's had bad patches, but doesn't everyone eventually. We all learn from them, and he's proved that from his recent appearances. His tally of 15 goals in 14/15 season was fantastic.  If he plays against Birmingham, which I expect him to do as he hasn't missed a game all season, it will be his 200th appearance in the City shirt! The most in the current squad.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Agreed.  I just don't think he is the quality centre half we need if we are going for promotion.  Someone younger, more mobile, and less error prone.  Personally would like to see Magnusson or Moore be the centre half in a City promotion team.

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok... I'm going to say it...

He's quite error prone. Although he's more than capable of a brilliant game, see Brighton away... I think if we get an offer of anywhere near 5m, we should snap their hands off. 

If you looked at goals conceded this season and who's fault they were, I suspect you'd be on double figures for Flinty. 

Dont get me wrong, I love him, I'm just saying he doesn't strike me as being consist enough to play Prem. 

Would have to agree. Love the guy to bits but think championship is probably his level. Would dread to think of him up against the likes of Aguero and Sanchez.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Agreed.  I just don't think he is the quality centre half we need if we are going for promotion.  Someone younger, more mobile, and less error prone.  Personally would like to see Magnusson or Moore be the centre half in a City promotion team.

On that basis we need a completely new squad.

I used to work as a coach with an ex pro the son of an ex pro and as he pointed out to me that us mere mortals only see the very last mistake by a defender or goalkeeper before the ball settles in the back of the net, ex pros see Tammy not carrying out his defensive duties properly or Tomlin or Reid trying and failing with the sublime or ridiculous in dangerous areas of the pitch or a misplaced Pack pass and then painfully watching him running through treacle trying and failing to get back or Bryan who thinks that if the player that he is marking is in his eye line that is closing his man down or even worse from our failing midfield and full backs.

And bear in mind that centre backs and goalkeepers are usually the ones caught out by any of the above mistakes further up the field.

As I say there are a host of current players and an incredible amount of evidence to show that Flint is nowhere near the most mistake prone player in the squad.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

On that basis we need a completely new squad.

I used to work as a coach with an ex pro the son of an ex pro and as he pointed out to me that us mere mortals only see the very last mistake by a defender or goalkeeper before the ball settles in the back of the net, ex pros see Tammy not carrying out his defensive duties properly or Tomlin or Reid trying and failing with the sublime or ridiculous in dangerous areas of the pitch or a misplaced Pack pass and then painfully watching him running through treacle trying and failing to get back or Bryan who thinks that if the player that he is marking is in his eye line that is closing his man down or even worse from our failing midfield and full backs.

And bear in mind that centre backs and goalkeepers are usually the ones caught out by any of the above mistakes further up the field.

As I say there are a host of current players and an incredible amount of evidence to show that Flint is nowhere near the most mistake prone player in the squad.

So essentially you're saying that I know nothing?

difficult to argue with!

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

How can someone be blinkered by his goal scoring prowess? If a centre half is dangerous in the box from set pieces and has the potential to score 15 goals a season then surely that can only add to his value?

For me, any offers under £8m should be binned.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

difficult to argue with!

What I am saying he is quite average mistake wise, compared to quite a few others, take a look at most of the goals that we have conceded all season, but look at the whole build up, most have come from our midfield inadequacies and our full back inadequacies and not centre back inadequacies. 

This Sun story has put a dampener on my morning and really hope Flinty does not leave but money makes football go around.  I think he would suit the Pulis style so it's possible.  Also, not that I think Pulis would do us any favours but could be cash plus player in a position we are looking to recruit for perhaps and MA has WBA connections ?

Still hope he is in the line up here at the start of next season though.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Livermore moved from one Prem team to another, Chester (who I think is massively overrated) is a full international with Prem experience.

We will see (though of course it will probably be "undisclosed") but I expect that we would accept a bid from a Prem club of £5m-£6m this summer.

I can guarantee Flint would be a consistent international if he were Welsh, Scottish or Irish. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

How can someone be blinkered by his goal scoring prowess? If a centre half is dangerous in the box from set pieces and has the potential to score 15 goals a season then surely that can only add to his value?

For me, any offers under £8m should be binned.

Sorry, I was suggesting that people might be guilty of over estimating his defensive abilities because he's good up the other end, which of course ups his value.

Look, I'm not on a downer on Flinty, I'm really not, I love the bloke and I'd like him to stay. But 8m just seems a bit silly. 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sorry, I was suggesting that people might be guilty of over estimating his defensive abilities because he's good up the other end, which of course ups his value.

Look, I'm not on a downer on Flinty, I'm really not, I love the bloke and I'd like him to stay. But 8m just seems a bit silly. 

I suppose it depends on how much we would have to spend to replace him. I know he makes mistakes and isn't the quickest but at times his defending is nothing less than heroic, he hardly ever gets injured, always gives 100%, acts like a captain most games and can knock 'em in at the other end.

I've changed my mind now, £10m minimum:yes:

24 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

difficult to argue with!

you and me both but having read many posts on here, we all watch different games and probably focus on different aspects of the game.

23 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - and didn't they once get into trouble for printing that Elton John was gay?They were fined for that lie I seem to remember ;)

I would never have guessed

As others have said - blinded by his personality and antics off the pitch. He's 27.

To reject anything north of £6m would be lidicrous.

He'll depleat in value massively after this season due to age. Remember when we rejected millions for Maynard and Marvin Elliott...? Need to learn from our mistakes. 

Sell him for £6m+ and we have Magnusson to slot straight into his place. 

I love the bloke to bits but footballers come and go, albeit he has become a bit of a ledge here after what was a poor start to his City career. Absolute minimum of £7m or £8m for me for a move to a Prem club. He'd be missed for sure but as said above why bother having Mags & Moore if they're never going to get a chance. 

31 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Let's be honest, 15 Mil for seemed silly this time last year for Kodjia

I reckon Flinty as one of our all-time greats, and a character in an era of dull mediocrity. I hope he doesn't go and on no account should he go to a Championship club, whatever the offer. I do understand that an opportunity to play in the Prem would be very tempting, though.

All that said, FFS don't sell him for a handful of beans as we did with so many players, notably Superbob Taylor :grr:

Archived