IGNORED

League 2 last day games

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I`ve never been to Exeter, but seen plenty of pictures of their plague pit of a ground. Mind you that nice Mr Tisdale does cut a dash in his cravat.

The ground is rather...ahem...spartan but the Big Bank is the largest standing area in the country and it's always such a laugh if you're binned and if the game is interesting. Funnily enough when the Exeter fans find out I'm a City fan they treat it like a rivalry when I don't think we really see them as anything- it has been a very long time since we even played them!

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Who said modern day football is rubbish... Just watched every minute of that game and what a game it was. Reminded me of the man city v qpr game when man city won premier league.

Got to love lower league football .

My favourite ever season was probably 83/84, getting out of the 4th, and closely followed by 89/90. Both bloody marvellous, but I was a lot younger (!)

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

The ground is rather...ahem...spartan but the Big Bank is the largest standing area in the country and it's always such a laugh if you're binned and if the game is interesting. Funnily enough when the Exeter fans find out I'm a City fan they treat it like a rivalry when I don't think we really see them as anything- it has been a very long time since we even played them!

I can remember going to St James for a friendly in the late 90s and we also played them in the semis of the freight rover, or what ever it was then.  we beat them 4/0 at the gate then drew 1/1 down there I think?

As for an earlier poster saying you don't see the big club shirts down there, that's bollocks.

I lived in south Devon for 35 years and they have as many plastics as anywhere.

Even going back to the 70s Coaches of em would go up to old Trafford from Cornwall,North Devon Torbay and Exeter.

One team we played against (south Devon league) the manager was a staunch manu fan and had them playing in the replica kit!!!

Took great pleasure one season in smashing em 6/0!!

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Living in Plymouth hope they don't win the league today... saw this on my Facebook this morning that someone posted on the way to Grimsby... memories of 2004 as shown below, hope the **** it up as they currently are

IMG_1571.PNG

IMG_1576.JPG

The one from 2004 was done by my old boss. 

Archived