IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

39 minutes ago, Jacki said:

It's going to be farcical isn't it. The train companies have been suitably accommodating and you have to give the city council credit for getting 13,000 runners on the road at same time as our biggest crowd in 40 years. 

Anyway on to the game. 3-1 City, Tammy with a brace. 

Once again our beloved city council demonstrates its concern for us football supporters. Touching, isn't it?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

Just found out the 0835 and the 1018 from Taunton are making extra stops at parson Street station,

I wish great Weston had let this info out before today as I could have got up a hour later

Well done, GWR. Pity about BCC :(

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

There`s loads come from further away than me mate. Cornwall`s just down the road compared to the likes of stevp38`s mammoth excursion!

Wasn't that bad actually.  Left at 8.30 and arrived by 3.30pm. Didn't  stop though :laugh:.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And good luck to everyone embarking on an epic voyage across the city on this most chaotic of days!

Special mention to the train companies for recognising the difficulties and laying on a total of zero trains to the only accessible station. A big thank you on behalf of 26,000 people.

Over running engineering work means that the first train to get beyond Swindon to Temple Meads arrives at 11. Earlier trains diverted. Waiting at Swindon station. They're not making it easy today. 

6 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

"Do you remember back in '17 getting to the last game of the season? In the end, I hired a donkey from the nice man on Weston Beach."

1917 I presume Aiz, and did you have to stop on the way to give the donkey a drink?

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

It's going to be farcical isn't it. The train companies have been suitably accommodating and you have to give the city council credit for getting 13,000 runners on the road at same time as our biggest crowd in 40 years. 

Anyway on to the game. 3-1 City, Tammy with a brace. 

Mind you, if the Atyeo is stuffed with loads wearing shorts and singlets you know the city Council have cocked up big time.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Good work @havanatopia - I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that your match day threads are second to none. I look forward to you continuing next season. 

On to today, for me, it's not so much about a city win as it is about supportimg Blackburn to pick up more points than Forest. 

I can't tell you all how much I'd like that; a whole year of brother in law taunting!

Come on Rovers! (Blackburn obviously!)

Here, here!!!!!!!!!

Hope next season is a better one on the pitch, as there as been too much melancholy in Havana's MDTs for the last few months.

P.S. 100% agree with getting rid of the red shorts. When I started supporting the club in the mid/late 60s we wrore red shorts, and I always associate this kit with season after season of struggle until Dicks's promotion team wore white shorts.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, even though City are going to put Brum to the sword, the other results are enough to keep the pork-scratching-eating monkies in the division.

Shame.

Anyhow - it will be 3-2 to City, including at least 1 from Abraham :worship2:.

Bumper crowd.

Weather improving.

Wurzels to look forward too - plus European football (we will need the top tier for those games).

Come on youuuuuuuu reeeeedddsss.

tfj

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Nice to see that at least some of the Rovers squad have summer jobs already. Fair play.

Many years ago, I had a summer job doing the books for a local ice cream firm. A couple of Gas players turned up looking for summer employment and were told "bugger off, we're solid City here".

PS It was a fine sight to see eight men piling out of an ice cream van outside the Gate for an early-season evening game :) 

• Like 1
Just now, Fordy62 said:

If Forest & Blackburn both lose, but Blackburn lose by one less, therefore tying the goal difference, is the next decider goals scored? Anyone?

That is correct. Forest are eight ahead there, so would need to lose by two more than Blackburn for them to lose out on gd.

Trivia fact. Forest or Bham have not been in the relegation zone all season. Wonder if they can do a gas, and one of them manages it right at the end.

Fancy Bham today really, only because they have to win.

Morning Hav and all.

Well, the fat lady is on the stage in one of the hotels down Weston-super-Mare and she's done her vocal warm ups. Bristol City are in the bar at the back of the room, nailing Whisky and Coca-Cola with Thatchers inbetween. The Brummies are in the front row of the tables, awaiting the encore...

To quote our good Majesty, this has been an 'annus horriblis'. So much promise and hope pissed up the wall like the urinals in a Wetherspoons on a Saturday night.

Still, we will endeavour to move forward. LJ in? LJ out? LJ shake it all about? Rather not the latter ideally.

I want to take a moment to note something that happened during our mini wall pissing activities. Mr Matthew "The Snake" Taylor. The biggest diversionary tactic the football world saw this year. We pulled off the ultimate joke, did it for mere change found down SL's sofa and took the heat off the inept LJ who couldn't see why playing 1 up top was stupidity. Turns out, he is also a promising player with his number of assists rapidly climbing in every match he's been in.

So thank you Rovers. Yes, he can be a bit of a Bambi and yes, he's not prolific by any means. But he's nippy and awkward and above all, we'll be chucking it in your faces for a long time yet!

The fat lady's entrance music begins and the spotlight singles her out. The opening chords of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" fill the auditorium.

Until next season, my good friends.

• Like 5

On one hand I'm a bit sad we won't see a few youngsters today but glad we are going for it. Our horrible run probably cost some of the youth some minutes but we the fans and the players could do with one last good performance to think about all summer. Hope we get it!

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone

On the day we bid a probable final farewell to Tammy Abraham City can assist in relegating a Birmingham City side who could have been cemented in the play offs with Gary Rowett in charge. Instead the hapless owners from Hong Kong; Paul Suen and Daniel Sue owners of Trillion Trophy Asia decided to sack him once they completed their takeover earlier this year. 

A little over 4 years ago a yet to be 'former' City captain, Wade Elliott, scored the only goal at Ashton Gate to send our team down after 6 seasons in the Championship. While I have previously stated my desire for us to reciprocate that ignominious fall from grace on the St. Andrews club today theirs on us was merely the final nail; we were hardly teetering back on April 16th, 2013. We were far and away the worst team in the division that season. I think probably more of us, given a choice, would probably select Blackburn ahead of them as the favoured team to drop.

The fact Ashton Gate will witness probably its largest crowd in 40 years or so and it likely being Tammy's last game is more the talking point we should be focusing on in what is a mouth watering prospect to bow out on following a very poor season. Differences of opinion aside nobody can deny that fact. 

So significant is this game, for the size of the crowd and for our top goal scorer's likely swan song, that i suspect we could have sold a few more thousand tickets had the space been available. That is hugely significant in the scheme of things and as many of us have opined in recent times it more than proves that if you build it and offer the facilities the fans will come. Steve Lansdown has changed the paradigm at City and this is the first season that proves that magnificently. We all knew the latent support was there and at the beginning of the season I predicted we would average over 20,000; I think we would have done had the club learnt more quickly how to persuade more fans to come. Hopefully they put that knowledge to the good next season; they seem to have done it today. 25,000+ fans I believe will almost fill The Gate.

Tammy Abrahams deserves enormous credit for his on-field performances this season and, by all accounts, seems to have a grounded set of shoulders on him and all but his dalliance with driving without a licence will leave AG with an unblemished record. And we will miss him enormously. How magnificent it could be if he bows out with a hat-trick that will likely ensure he finishes the season as the Championship's top scorer. With Harry Redknapp and Steve Cotterill looking admiringly and agonisingly on. 

I think Blackburn will likely fall through the trap door, Harry will collect his bonus and Cotts be installed as the main man to elevate the Blues back up the table next season.

What I would also like to see is the Blues fans applauding the fact they have survived and the performance of City across the entire stadium mingled with the City fans; that is how football should be in my opinion and how it used to be. Lets do that on the final day and every single fan can go home happy.

Thanks for all of the banter this season fellow fans. I appreciate every single comment on my match day threads. It makes it all worthwhile and while sometimes I either miss it or don't write something that is interesting or inspiring I always look forward to doing it and reading and responding. I salute all City fans the world over; we are a rare and loyal breed; but then I would say that wouldn't I !?

Enjoy the end of season finale folks and, maybe, see you next season. :)

p.s. The last time City had an 'all red' kit we were relegated. We nearly suffered the same fate this season. Message to the Board: please get rid of those disgusting red shorts and return us to our TRADITIONAL white shorts. And NO black. Please.

Albery looking peeved following Wade's goal on April 16th, 2013.

Albert.jpg.5243d341c15de75ee31fefc7fb137f74.jpg

Condensed Version

Brum

Thanks to you all and Ooo Roo Tammy

• Like 1