IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

Chins up. Today was disappointing but we are going into a 3rd successive Championship season with some talented players.

Tammy, you have been a blessing. Thank you for being vital to our survival.

Now we push on, keep Johnson at the helm and go again. 

COYR

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bullshit, the clue is the question marks in your reply.

PS:- I have plenty of hair thanks.

You can think whatever you want mate, the way I read it, was that this result as a whole is going to further call for the outing of LJ - That is all, I only quoted what you said because of this season, which was indeed a shambles, but the good start we had, followed the recent good run, people were starting to give him a slight chance.

Edited by CrazyInWeston

Shocked by some of the bed wetting going on after today's result.

A lot has been disappointing this season and much to improve for sure. Would have been nice to finish on a high, but just the way the cookie crumbled today, for us and Brentford.

Whatever has gone wrong this season, today barely registers.

• Like 3
Just now, Shtanley said:

Disappointing end to a disappointing season. Let's hope for a good summer of recruitment and back at it next year. 

Well that assumes you think improving the team but keeping the same manager will work.  Remember LJ said he needed three windows.  He only has this one left and he needs 11 new players if we are to press for the play offs.  Depends on how much Our Leader is going to spend on the rugby to get them back to the Premiership.  Not happy at all with this season and decidedly worried about next.  

• Like 1
Just now, Northern Red said:

Up for it like Brentford and Ipswich were too? 

It's frustrating to finish on a loss but hardly the end of the world. 

It's the performance that was more worrying than the result . It just leaves a niggling doubt about our quality . A battling loss with a goal or two would have given many people the optimism for next year but as it stands there is a return to type for the team and the potential struggle for next season .

• Like 1
Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

You can think whatever you want mate, the way I read it, was that this result as a whole is going to further call for the outing of LJ - That is all, I only quoted what you said because of this season, which was indeed a shambles, but the good start we had, followed the recent good run, people were starting to give him a slight chance.

The Question mark was, was it going to spark further ousting!

Just now, cityexile said:

Shocked by some of the bed wetting going on after today's result.

A lot has been disappointing this season and much to improve for sure. Would have been nice to finish on a high, but just the way the cookie crumbled today, for us and Brentford.

Whatever has gone wrong this season, today barely registers.

Shocked? I'm not. I suspect some of it has been building up for a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Clearly you weren't at The Amex last week, when we also went ballistic and it felt we had gained promotion

I don't remember all of our coaching staff, manager, players and bench all sprinting as quickly as possibly toward the fans, taking off their shirts and throwing them in the air, and jumping around in a circle together??

Just now, Ivorguy said:

He only has this one left and he needs 11 new players if we are to press for the play offs

Don't think so. A right back, a good winger and a great striker. Don't think we're far off a top half team if we play like we have last several games. 

The reality of this seasons "success" has been Tammy, without his goals we'd have been relegated in March.

For all you Johnson lovers, or just those who think he's the correct man for the job we will face another relegation struggle next season unless we can again get a 20 goal a season strikers and keep the likes of flint etc.

Unfortunately for us fans, I can't see it being any different until SL sees the wood from the trees, something I doubt will happen until we are eventually relegegated or come as close as Brum.

• Like 12
Just now, petehinton said:

I don't remember all of our coaching staff, manager, players and bench all sprinting as quickly as possibly toward the fans, taking off their shirts and throwing them in the air, and jumping around in a circle together??

Wasn't the last day of the season and fighting on through 6 minutes of extra time though was it?

Bit of passion doesn't hurt does it?  

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

They defended superbly well and were very well organised no more to it really...

no need for knee jerk reactions...Johnson is here to stay so enjoy the final transfer window ride...think it's going to be an interesting summer

Yes they did, dissatisfaction with the season and today is not unreasonable...... here to stay but you don't have to be happy with that either..... more of the same expected next season and UP THE CITY!

Have stated on OTIB for weeks now. Forget about the last few results.

The loan players will all go back now. LJ has a massive challenge this summer to recruit. For me, there are lots of question marks about the club's intent to compete in this league. SL may be happy to pay the signing fee, but he has also got to be prepared to pay the wages needed to sign the kind of players we need to compete in this league.

The midfield is uncreative, the right wing is weak, the front two without TA, well where are the goals coming from?

Will be an interesting summer and hopefully SL/LJ get it right? No summer on thr beach for LJ.

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No. I remain what I have always been a realist!

Not really, Tammy is a talent but still a punt to allow him to lead the front line but he did that remarkably and no reason that LJ can't do this again next season along with strengthening a couple of other positions

A disaster would've been relegation... but I guess you needed to vent after weeks of decent results.

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Who are you blaming? The ref of Lee Johnson?

:dunno:

tfj

P.S. "Johnson OUT!"

I'm blaming the performance. I'm not a fan off LJ. But it doesn't look like the players are really that bothered either.  The ref is also woeful. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

The reality of this seasons "success" has been Tammy, without his goals we'd have been relegated in March.

For all you Johnson lovers, or just those who think he's the correct man for the job we will face another relegation struggle next season unless we can again get a 20 goal a season strikers and keep the likes of flint etc.

Unfortunately for us fans, I can't see it being any different until SL sees the wood from the trees, something I doubt will happen until we are eventually relegegated or come as close as Brum.

But we did have Tammy. And we weren't relegated by March. Take away the outstanding player at every club and all of their seasons would have panned out differently. 

Judge the season on what happened, not what could have happened if X Y or Z did or didn't exist.

• Like 4